Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

Level 19.5, cleared the cathedral w/o seeing any great items so far. Shopped a beryl hunter's bow with leech to go witht he beryl bow w/o any leech. Hoping this will help against Andy. These last 2 levels I've actually put a point into lycanthropy and werewolf, finally, but I guess I won't have rabies until sometime in the sewers.

I realize now that I should have picked a different path, probably the one that allows use of items with amp dmg. Oh well.

I now have 20mf gloves, 17 mf boots. I gambled great rare boots with Fres/Lres/frw and 15 mf. Wish I was able to use them :/
    Also gambled my first Jade item.
    The one thing that's great about wearing all this beryl gear is I'll have max poison res for Andy. Currently at 65 because I haven't been power shopping at all to replace my crappier items with viridian, though I am wearing viridian quilted armor.

Figured I would update my score after the first Act. Here was my battle with the Smith. Note that he has no interest in me, and lots of monsters had this behavior of following the poison creeper around into walls. Cool. Somewhere in the catacombs I found an eth druid hat, and couldn't resist the urge to imbue it. I was pretty happy with the results, too! Self-repair, a source of quick fire damage (about 35 iirc) from fire claws which I abused against Andariel, and fire res which I've been having trouble getting.
    I got to Andariel soooo close to level 21 that I ran behind her and killed a few zombies to get there, did my level up in town and returned to finish her off. Here's her drop. A little disappointed that I can't use Cleglaw's gloves, but at least she dropped my a topaz.

Started Act 2 immediately by shopping better gloves/boots for MF, and replacing my merc. Now I need to figure out how to get a better merc weapon, because atm all I can really do is buy beryl polearms. With 75 poison res on merc, and 57 poison res on my self, I head off to clear the sewers.
    Score = 6x2 quests + 4 pics = 16

I am doing p8 full clears, single pass. I was wondering if for the "purist" bonus is it for each difficulty, or choosing a psetting from the start and sticking with it to the end?

Code:
    "ALIVE"
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        21     2    16
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista      9     1    6
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          10     1    4
    KaldiWintermaid   Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Terror              felixbavaria     1     1    0
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular         34     5   42
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score

Another update to say that I've made the staff and put a few points into rabies so it's actually a killing machine! Can't wait to get solar creeper for a source of mana and corpse removal, so I can just destroy mobs in no time. Also, gambled a circlet of luck, found an ammy of greed with fire res, and finally got a 3 row belt, which has more poison res (viridian) as well as 10 fhr. Arctic armor dropped, which is lame.

I'm trying to figure out what weapon base would be good to shop or gamble for speed + okay dmg, and I guess a maul is the best answer?

Well, decided to clear Arcane and then went for the Canyon, as well. Reached level 27 as the final group of beetles fell. Also found 2 green breast plates, and a gold voulge. Nothing ethereal so nothing that's useful

Gambled a beryl Maul, so i'm using that now so I actually feel as though I'm contributing while waiting for rabies to kill or my merc to kill.

Put that skill point into lycanthropy (lvl 2 now) so I hopefully will be less frustrated with the timer. I guess i'll reach level 28 after clearing all the tombs, but I'm unsure if I can reach 29. Hmm.

Code:
    "ALIVE"
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        28     3    28
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista      9     1    6
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          10     1    4
    KaldiWintermaid   Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Terror              felixbavaria     1     1    0
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular         34     5   42
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Finished all the tombs and Duriel, leaving me with about 20% of the way to go to get to level 29. Duriel dropped a Nagelring (20 mf), but I can't use it. Oh well.

At some point I'll do some crazy shopping in Act 3 for a beryl maul of readiness, or more dmg or something.

:/ Deeded at lvl 32 to mephisto himself. Silly me was too stubborn to use one of my purples. Thought I could make it to the tp in time!

Oh well, maybe I'll learn to use potions some time.

Hello all,

Been a while, so I decided to continue on my path of 7 guardians, and this tournament looked ideal.

I'll be rolling a Wraith Sorceress using the Path of Witchcraft, specializing in Thaumaturgy. I'll not be single-pass.

ThunderStruck will be utilizing the Lightning tree to the fullest extent and will burn the hordes of minions and take great pleasure in the crackling and sizzling of skeletons, mummies, zombies, and ghost. The minions of the undead and the Prime Evils shall burn in her wake until I have vanquished all the above for my own personal glorification.

The only thing I did not see mentioned was the using of extended stash for the tournament whether it was allowed or not. Anyone know, as I could not see any answer?

I believe we are allowed. At least, I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vang View Post
    The only thing I did not see mentioned was the using of extended stash for the tournament whether it was allowed or not. Anyone know, as I could not see any answer?
    Yes it's allowed

RIP Pharphis :O That was a very interesting helm you found there.

I'm almost done with my school stuff so I'll continu my Banshee soon enough >_>
    I'm happy to see that some people are still running this!

Code:
    "ALIVE"
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        28     3    28
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          13     1    4
    ThunderStruck     Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Thaumaturgy         Vang             ?     ?   ?

DEAD/RETIRED
    So I continued a little bit.

Found a Biggin's Bonnet in the passage to dark forest, cool I guess :P Can't use it so oh well (at least, for now).
    So far my damage comes from Smite + Thorns so I'm playing a dangerous game with the monsters :P

Do you have any plans for a new perso Pharphis?