Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

GrunkleStan has had a fun first act. Brandishing only a simple axe in his hands, he howls as he attacks his victims one by one in the nude.

I kinda forgot to take pictures along the way...except one of Andy. Act 1 was a breeze though (of course). I've never played a Barbarian in PvM, and I had no idea how much fun using Howl and Taunt could be. I can see how necessary they'll be for crowd control later on, as Beserk won't deal with mobs with the same expediency as whirlwind.

I found surprisingly few runes, only one Tir from the Countess (and only one jewel! Guh). I don't see how I can't rerun areas for runes/gems, as pretty much every single piece of armor I'll need to make myself (and most likely my weapons, too). All of the item mods for GraveGolem are related to +max damage, which doesn't really spawn on armor (shields, circlets are the only two). I'm definitely going to run act 1 shrines to make some Perfect rubies, I need to make a Blood axe and a Blood belt ASAP. Having no belt is probably the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with in D2, especially as I'm constantly having to use healing potions.

I'm currently using a Broad Axe of Maiming (+3 max), which gives me 21-54 damage. At /p8, my killing speed is already slowing down quite a lot in the beginning of Act 2 so the sooner I can craft a Blood Axe, the better. Thank god for the inherent 35-60%ed on Blood weapons, I would hate to waste a pruby on something that wouldn't be any better than my current. I can see my weapon woes becoming a recurring theme of this build, though thankfully Beserk's insanely high enhanced magic damage% will make it a little easier.

All in all, a very fun start, and I can't wait to start crafting! Really, I can't.

As promised, a picture of Grunkle killing Andy:
    http://i.imgur.com/2M29IX7.png

Code:
    "ALIVE"
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        12     1    4
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista     1      1    0
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          10     1    4
    KaldiWintermaid   Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Terror              felixbavaria     1     1    0
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular         20     2    14
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    I'm in first place!

P.S. As an explanation for GrunkleStan's name, it's from a really cool cartoon called "Gravity Falls". This is the intro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctX771EQeA The universe that they're in has supernatural things and such, so I thought it fit the theme. Kinda.

P.S.S. For those that watch cartoons...watch the show. Is good.
    Last edited by Jocular; 23-01-2013 at 22:04.

You haven't found an eth belt? Those work too! (and even when broken you can keep the extra slots)

Sadly I have yet to find an eth belt! I looked and looked, but none have dropped. You might call it frustrating.

Code:
    "ALIVE"
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        12     1    4
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista      9     1    6
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          10     1    4
    KaldiWintermaid   Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Terror              felixbavaria     1     1    0
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular         20     2   14
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Wall of text story:
    Spoiler

Katabatic, lvl 9, Dark Wood
    Gear: 2 Katars of the Leech, ethereal Leather Armor, Ethereal Boots
    Kyoko, fire arrows, Short Bow of the Leech

Purity is a lie. I intend to switch player settings and rerun areas as I see fit.
    Last edited by SunsetVista; 23-01-2013 at 22:32.

Sweet write-up Sunset! I can't wait to read more

Another act finished by GrunkleStan. No longer does he run free and wild, and is slowly learning that pants may indeed be a good idea.

Spoiler

Code:
    "ALIVE"
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista      9     1    6
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular         26     3   24
    DEAD/RETIRED
    P.S. Can anyone shed some light on why my gloves have such a high rlvl? I have no idea, and the mods on them don't seem like they'd be anything to necessitate a level 38 requirement...
    Last edited by Jocular; 25-01-2013 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    P.S. Can anyone shed some light on why my gloves have such a high rlvl? I have no idea, and the mods on them don't seem like they'd be anything to necessitate a level 38 requirement...
    From the Item Generation Tutorial:

Affixes control the required level of the craft. The formula is rlvl = rlvl(of highest affix) +10 +3x (#of affixes). So if you have a craft with 4 affixes and the highest affix has a required level (rlvl) of 12 your required level for that craft is 12 + 10 + 3*4 = 34. Since character level controls affix level and the # of affixes that can spawn it also controls the rlvl of the craft.
    Since your gloves have four affixes, a required level of 16 for the best affix is enough to account for a rlvl of 38. Sadly.

Very nice stories and crafted items guys
    I've been busy the School semester restarting so didn't make any real progress. I'll probably get some time soon.

I like your RP SunsetVista And also your documented experience Jocular. I also like act II, the first 2 maps are so-so but then it get really interesting:

- Oasis enemies are interesting.
    - The Tombs are pretty and FULL of undeads. Same for Sewers.
    - The Harem is really cool (and as my favorite music in the game), too bad it's short.
    - Arcane sanctuary is pretty awesome design right there.
    - I have a love/hate relationship with the maggot lair since it kills to many of my (and friends) hc characters. There's always a random Super fast/Extra Strong/*insert your worst element here* Scarab around the corner. And minions and any CC Curse are totally useless there.

I've been busy with other stuff too. Short update:

Spoiler

Katabatic, lvl 13, Inner Cloister
    Gear: Wrist Blade of the Leech, Wrist Blade of the Bat, ethereal hard leather armor, eth boots, eth sash, eth skullcap
    Kyoko has some eth armor also. She says she doesn't mind the cold.

So GrunkleStan has progressed quite a bit. I haven't been documenting his progress as much as I'd like, but I'm definitely still enjoying this tourney.

Spoiler

Code:
    "ALIVE"
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular         34     5   42
    DEAD/RETIRED

Well, reached level 17 after clearing Tower, Black Marsh and the Hole. That makes 17 points into Poison creeper thus far
    It works super well. Also, found a beryl hunter's bow, so the merc now has a weapon,a nd I also found 2 rings of greed to go witha GC and SC of greed, so hopefully I'll be able to gamble for boots of luck a bit more frequently. My GC of Greed adds cold damage, which is absolutely wonderful! It really adds another level of safety, even if i'm only using a single target attack.