Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52
  1. #11
    IncGamers Member felixbavaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Frigid Highlands, Germany
    Posts
    531

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow Teleport (charges) for Nightmare type characters? After all, it's the speed skill par excellence ...

  2. #12
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wellington, NZ
    Posts
    32

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Never tried to use a barb with just Grim ward before... Not even natural resistance or a couple of cries?

  3. #13
    IncGamers Member Mezion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    92

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Quote Originally Posted by felixbavaria View Post
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow Teleport (charges) for Nightmare type characters? After all, it's the speed skill par excellence ...
    Yes indeed that would make sense, I will add it to the list of skills available for him, ty for the suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogan View Post
    Never tried to use a barb with just Grim ward before... Not even natural resistance or a couple of cries?
    If you're referring to the mummy, the main concentration of skills that it can use are from the Druid and Necromancer, but Grim Ward is allowed also since it's on theme and can be found on items (Grim Ward Charges). The skills section represent all the skills usable for that character. You can still make a barbarian if you want but it would be extreme :P

    Code:
    "ALIVE"
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        12     1    4
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista     1      1    0
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          10     1    4
    
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    Now for my progression:

    Johnny punched is way through the blood moor and den of evil. Some nice starting boots were found during the purging of the cave (Eth + Self-repair, hell yeah!).

    JohnnyMnemonicAct1.jpg

    After some level the no-weapon problem solved itself: I gambled for a Spiked shield and fortunately it generated "of Spikes" making it legit. It also have a great 5-9 smite damage so the smiting begins (and it gives a nice dark look ).
    Last edited by Mezion; 21-01-2013 at 18:20.

  4. #14
    IncGamers Member felixbavaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Frigid Highlands, Germany
    Posts
    531

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Code:
    "ALIVE"
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        12     1    4
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista     1      1    0
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          10     1    4
    KaldiWintermaid   Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Terror              felixbavaria     1     1    0
    
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    OK you sucked me in. Thunderstorm / FO sorc it is. Going to start out with Ice Blast, that is.

    Edit: So we can use skills provided by items that we are allowed to use because of our talent?

  5. #15
    IncGamers Member Mezion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    92

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Quote Originally Posted by felixbavaria View Post
    OK you sucked me in. Thunderstorm / FO sorc it is. Going to start out with Ice Blast, that is.

    Edit: So we can use skills provided by items that we are allowed to use because of our talent?
    Yes. you can . I'll add the "Also any skill charge on these items may be used by the Character" line that was for Paths also to Talents since I forgot to specify :P

  6. #16
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Texas, USA
    Posts
    758

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    So, if I understand correctly, any vanilla D2 character can be any "Undeadcraft" character type, but they are limited to using the skills listed? If I grasp the concept, you merely sorted each character's skills by vanilla characters for the sake of familiarity?

    As an example, I could play a Vampire built around vanilla's Barbarian, but would be limited to charges and oskills of the Assassin, Necromancer, and Paladin skills listed, correct?

  7. #17
    IncGamers Member Mezion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    92

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Quote Originally Posted by logoutzero View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, any vanilla D2 character can be any "Undeadcraft" character type, but they are limited to using the skills listed? If I grasp the concept, you merely sorted each character's skills by vanilla characters for the sake of familiarity?

    As an example, I could play a Vampire built around vanilla's Barbarian, but would be limited to charges and oskills of the Assassin, Necromancer, and Paladin skills listed, correct?
    Yes that is correct, you would be limited to that.

  8. #18
    IncGamers Member Jocular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    708

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    I dunno how much time I'll have for this...but it looks like too much fun to pass on it! Can't wait to get started. And hopefully choosing reaper will pay off, I'm hoping to find 2 Gulls to hork with. Though having to spend 2 socket quests just for that might be a bad idea...Eh. We'll see if I even find 2 gulls.

    Also I'd love to document Grunkle's journey, but the colors for Diablo II are a bit wacky for me if I try to print screen. I'm currently running it on Windows 7 with these compatibility settings:

    Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    256 colors
    Run program as admin

    These are unchecked:

    Run in 640x480
    Disable visual themes
    Disable desktop composition
    Disable dsiplay scaling on high DPI settings

    And that's pretty much it. Yet if I try alt-tabbing out and back into D2 the colors change, and if I try to print screen them it looks wrong when I copy it into paint, though everything looks fine while playing. It's very odd, I've never had this problem before. Anyone have any ideas?

    I'd like some clarification on what skills are allowed. For GraveGolem I'm allowed to use Natural Resistance. However, the pre-req for that is Iron skin. Does that mean I can only use the skill Natural Resistance in regard to a Barb class helm giving +1-3 to it? I'm guessing no, but just wanted to be absolutely sure.
    You say

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezion View Post
    Skills: Any of the listen skills can be used (from Skill Tree, Charges or gained from an Item)
    and I'm guessing that the "skill tree" part of that sentence means we're allowed to put 1 to a skill if it's a pre-req for a specified skill for our Character?

    Code:
    "ALIVE"
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        12     1    4
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista     1      1    0
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          10     1    4
    KaldiWintermaid   Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Terror              felixbavaria     1     1    0
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular          1     1    0
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    P.S. Just noticed how difficult it's going to be to find any armor until I have a cube to craft some...should make my survival interesting beginning of Act 2, as Act 1 should be fine with just a weapon.
    Last edited by Jocular; 22-01-2013 at 20:38.

  9. #19
    IncGamers Member Grisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    BattleTag Grisu-2156
    Posts
    3,515

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    Also I'd love to document Grunkle's journey, but the colors for Diablo II are a bit wacky for me if I try to print screen. I'm currently running it on Windows 7 with these compatibility settings:

    Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    256 colors
    Run program as admin

    These are unchecked:

    Run in 640x480
    Disable visual themes
    Disable desktop composition
    Disable dsiplay scaling on high DPI settings
    Do you run "diablo ii.exe" or "game.exe"?

    I have win 7 and have no problems at all: I run "game.exe" with
    windows XP (service pack 3)
    disable dekstop composition
    run program as admin

    IIRC the crucial part to get it to work was "disable desktop composition". Oh, and I play in windowed mode (-w in the command line), don't know if that makes any difference..


    very nice tourney btw! Haven't had one roleplay centered one since Wolron's last tourneys, I think...unfortunately, I still have 10 or 11 tournament characters in progress (even one from the Afterlife tournament and from the tourney before: the obsession tourney), so I won't be able to participate :sad: good luck everyone!

  10. #20
    IncGamers Member Mezion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    92

    Re: ~ Undeadcraft Tournament ~

    Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    And that's pretty much it. Yet if I try alt-tabbing out and back into D2 the colors change, and if I try to print screen them it looks wrong when I copy it into paint, though everything looks fine while playing. It's very odd, I've never had this problem before. Anyone have any ideas?
    It used to do the same thing for me. I switched to windowed mode and could take screenshot without a problem (using in game screenshot, just set it up to a key, aka print screen :P). Only "problem" with windowed mode is that it turns of the perspective :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    I'd like some clarification on what skills are allowed. For GraveGolem I'm allowed to use Natural Resistance. However, the pre-req for that is Iron skin. Does that mean I can only use the skill Natural Resistance in regard to a Barb class helm giving +1-3 to it? I'm guessing no, but just wanted to be absolutely sure.
    You say (...)

    and I'm guessing that the "skill tree" part of that sentence means we're allowed to put 1 to a skill if it's a pre-req for a specified skill for our Character?
    Yes you're right; you can put a point in a Skill if it’s a preReq to another (iron skin). But you cannot put additional points in that Skill after that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    P.S. Just noticed how difficult it's going to be to find any armor until I have a cube to craft some...should make my survival interesting beginning of Act 2, as Act 1 should be fine with just a weapon.
    Lol for me it's the inverse :P I have only clothing and a shield so far :P. I'm relying on "Smiting" my enemies down and letting Thorns kill them (Running around fallen to remove my armor bonus so they can kill themself on me is very nice). My Merc is so bad it's hilarious, letting her getting kill with Thorns is actually... good. No love from the Banshee, not even to Merc.

    DiePlz.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Grisu View Post
    very nice tourney btw! Haven't had one roleplay centered one since Wolron's last tourneys, I think...unfortunately, I still have 10 or 11 tournament characters in progress (even one from the Afterlife tournament and from the tourney before: the obsession tourney), so I won't be able to participate :sad: good luck everyone!
    Thank you! That's a lot of Tournament characters :P And don't worry, there's no rush.

    Code:
    "ALIVE"
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    AchmelTheCursed   Mummy/Druid/Reaper/Shadow Affinity         pharphis        12     1    4
    Katabatic         Vampire/Assassin/Reaper/Shadow Affinity    SunsetVista     1      1    0
    JohnnyMnemonic    Banshee/Paladin/PathOfTears/Bonecraft      Mezion          14     1    6
    KaldiWintermaid   Wraith/Sorc/Witchcraft/Terror              felixbavaria     1     1    0
    GrunkleStan       GraveGolem/Barb/Reaper/Shadow              Jocular          1     1    0
    
    DEAD/RETIRED
    Character Name----Type/Class/Path/Talent---------------------Forum Name----Level--Act--Score
    Last edited by Mezion; 23-01-2013 at 00:12.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •