Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Making the leap into the realm of no return

Hey all. I've had a bunch of fun playing SC and have accumulated enough wealth that it's gotten a bit stale. Farming is only really productive if I can find something amazing to sell. And along the way I've found quite a few items that are great, but not really worth selling on the AH. This brought me to the conclusion that playing self-found could be much more rewarding than my current farm, sell, buy from the AH, repeat. So, I thought about playing self-found.. but that alone could get boring. I added HC into the mix and I found my solution.

Now that I'm going to dive into the deep end and have to find my way up to the surface all over again, I'm going to ask for your help. My first toon will be either the Barbarian, the Demon Hunter, or the Monk. Which would you choose if you were going to start all over again?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Re: Making the leap into the realm of no return

Barb would be first choice, Monk 2nd for sure. DH is pretty squishy and much tougher to progress through Inferno than the other two.
    Eschew obfuscation!

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Monk is probably the cheapest to gear.

Barb needs the least amount of quality gear to be successful.

Don't make DH unless your rich or crazy.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Thanks for the input guys! I went ahead and made a female Barb: Natasha. She's currently level 11 and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't come across any really difficult battles yet, so I haven't earned the "holy **** I just survived that!" rush yet. I'm even listening to the dialogue this time around and taking the time to enjoy the story. I'm barely even started, but it's already a lot more fun knowing that I have to pay attention and not die.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Good luck and watch out for these doors in Bastion's Keep.... heard there are some green crazy things who enjoy killing people in one blast...

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Yea, my SC DH loves those little green guys... I'll make sure to go into the Keep with a shield and plenty of armor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Been playing HC self found for a while now and find it very satisfying. Sure it's slower, but constantly trying to find small upgrades to all your gear is pretty cool. Got a WD to 60 (paragon 3) without to much hassle (Thank god for Spirit Vessel). Started a fresh Barb too after losing a DH pretty early on through careless gameplay.

Good luck and enjoy!