Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bluejays90

Re: The Next Director of Diablo 3...

Brother Laz would be ideal but he's working on PoE which is what I am currently playing and it shows. Items are fantastic in that game and that is his specialty.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

PoE can be discussed in the appropriate forum: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/f...-Path-of-Exile
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bluejays90

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    PoE can be discussed in the appropriate forum: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/f...-Path-of-Exile
    I understand that. But I am stating who the next D3 director should be and unfortunately why he is unavailable. I also showed that his focus is on items/crafting one of the things Diablo 3 urgently needs fixed. So this is the appropriate topic in my eyes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    I understand that. But I am stating who the next D3 director should be and unfortunately why he is unavailable. I also showed that his focus is on items/crafting one of the things Diablo 3 urgently needs fixed. So this is the appropriate topic in my eyes.

Of course it is. People just miss the point.

D3 has probably the WORST itemization ive ever seen for a ARPG. The fact that they removed all builds for loadouts should have meant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better items not worse.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vooodu View Post
    Of course it is. People just miss the point.

D3 has probably the WORST itemization ive ever seen for a ARPG. The fact that they removed all builds for loadouts should have meant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better items not worse.
    Why would loadouts lead to better items? I dont see a connection there.

If anything, the philosophy of easy skill switching could lead to a philosophy of items not being bound to specific builds either => generic item stats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoutMapes View Post
    Why would loadouts lead to better items? I dont see a connection there.

If anything, the philosophy of easy skill switching could lead to a philosophy of items not being bound to specific builds either => generic item stats.
    Thing is D3 lacks actual builds focused on skills/stats. They removed all building options and went for the load out approach.

Items are the only real way to form any build in D3. And everyone basically uses the same affix's besides a few affixs that help certain skills or cause certain effects.

But things like reduce mana cost of fire bombs for example is NOT a well thought out affix. At all.

They need to really re-work how every stat effects every skill. They need to think deep not simple.

IncGamers Member

Agreed. Merely saying that I can't see how loadouts would lead to better itemization. Rather the opposite

IncGamers Member

It really doesn't matter so much. They've had something like 8 art directors and 4 lead producers on the project.

They won't attract anyone from outside the company with any talent to the job, and anyone internal knows it is basically an assignment to Siberia.

On one hand it makes sense to get someone from the team so there is less time needed for the person to get up to speed. But the attitude of the existing upper management on d3 so far hasn't been conducive to making a good game so if they pick someone from that same group of people that isn't likely to change much.

Maybe it is time for some fresh blood to inject some new thinking and attitude but they will have to work extra hard to get up to speed and not interrupt development much. Weighing it up I hope for fresh blood.

Banned

Let's face it. Taking job of director of D3 is not a very coveted post. There are COUNTLESS systemic problems with this game and new director will have a Mission Impossible to accomplish. Essentially, it is almost 100% certain that this mission of "saving" D3 will fail. It takes certain masochism to become director of this game now.