Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Ultimate Witch Doctor Summoner Build

Hey Illusions nice post. Any chance you can share what gear you are wearing? I am only around level 45 on my WD and I am curious as to what gear you use for this build. Thx in advance. Mac

IncGamers Member

Nice build! I was running a similar one for a while I called "fetish mania" in which I concentrated on attack speed instead of crit and grabbed a Gidbinn for even more fetishes. Also i used rain of toads but i am interested in going back now and trying it out with addling like you suggest. Once i got my attacks/second above 2.5 it was not uncommon for me to have a permanent following of 6-7 fetishes with spikes of up to 15 at times. Interestingly the fetishes summoned from the Gidbinn and fetish sycophants passive are a slightly different size.

All in all a very fun build.

IncGamers Member

I'd like to add for fetish summoning, there are two attacks that I know for sure attack faster than your attacks per second:
    1. Rain of Toads: I think it's around 1.5x APS
    2. Firebats Hungry Bats shoots off at 2.0x APS. I was expecting to hit high crits of around 1.1 million with this skill, but instead I was hitting twice as fast with high crits at 550k (1.1m/2). But this will summon more fetishes.

When I tried out firebats I focused on -firebats cost and mana per second so I could cast it for a long time. Maybe even infinitely with spirit walk honored guest. This matters more with cloud of bats or plague bats, since hungry bats can be interrupted to keep VQ with no ill effect on DPS.

IncGamers Member

I cannot make this build ,big bad voodoo and fetish army cannot go in the slots you have them in , please redo the witch doctor build.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

You need to turn on "elective mode" in the gameplay menu.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the guide. now i'm playing d3 again after a long pause.

can you post a link to your profile or what equipment you have besides thw staff?