Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: Patch 1.0.7 - What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    There is no mantra called mantra of retaliation. Mantra of retribution is not useless though. We used to run it in our group for our freeze wizard, was something about reaching a break point for him. The transgression rune for 8% attack speed to party. Helps the wizard and adds dps to him and the party too! It's a good mantra.
    I'd argue that for skills where only the extra effect from a rune is useful, the skill itself is kind of useless. And the dmg from mantra of retribution is useless as it is only based on what dmg reaches you after armor, allres and block has been calculated. Which basically means, the more defense you have the less dmg mobs take.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by windstriker View Post
    I'd argue that for skills where only the extra effect from a rune is useful, the skill itself is kind of useless. And the dmg from mantra of retribution is useless as it is only based on what dmg reaches you after armor, allres and block has been calculated. Which basically means, the more defense you have the less dmg mobs take.
    ye i agree, the rune is totally random in its effect and adds neither thematically nor logically something to the base effect of Mantra of Retribution which is absolutely horrendous in both PVP and PVE - they could have just aswell merged the 8% IAS with the runspeed rune of Mantra of evasion and no one would think twice to ever look at Mantra of retribution based on its own merits.

that being said iam severely dissappointed with 1.07 if that is the best they can do for the state of the Monk after 3.5 Months than i have no hope for the franchise as a whole.

The dmg buffs are nice / but i'd still rather have a more manageable ressourcesystem. also the 8 target limit on cyclone strike is uncalled for. why would you nerf a cc skill because you increased it's dmg (which would not have been necessary in the first place).

ye and passives combo generator and Mantras are still untouched. which is mind boggling because the possibilities are gigantic and time has shown that a bunch of skills are unpopular for obvious reasons.

I could really see myself slinging bells in 1.07 but than again they have just become viable - they still haven't added anything which adds interesting synergies to affixes or skills.

they once again chose the path of least resistance by editing ~30 already existing numbers in an spreadsheet. in 3,5 months.

IncGamers Member

@Whitegiant
    You sound just like me, ranting away over in the US forums

And it's insane how slow they are at fixing and balancing all the useless skills, especially as all they've done is number tweaks. Makes me think that there are almost no manpower working on the patches, and they're instead working hard at fixing everything with the expansion. Which I hate as the expansion won't reach us for a long, long, long time yet.
    But who knows, perhaps they just took a really long christmas vacation.