Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Re: Patch 1.0.7 - What do you think?

Oh I no doubt agree that the damage buffs were needed and that they do allow for some interesting setups. I'm currently using WotHF, Blazing(have 31% extra dmg to WotHF from gear atm), Blazing Wrath, SW Inner Storm (Spirit Regen), Overawe, Cyclone Strike Implosion (extra radius), Exploding Palm the flesh is weak(target takes 12% additional), and my passives are Chant, Seize, and OWE. My spirit regen is 11, I can basically use Cyclone, Hit one with exploding, and then start spamming either Overawe, or Cyclone(somewhat of it's own interrupt) I'm at mp 5 right now, but could likely manage higher. My gear isn't all up to snuff yet, but the mobs die at a satisfying rate, it's fun and different, and the loot is ok. This is what I brought onto test. I'm a grad student that works so I play when I can: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...9/hero/1227391

So the PTR does open things up substantially for different builds. That and dueling builds are completely different that what you'd normally use in pve.

IncGamers Member

I REALLY hope there will be an answer to this post as it really sums up at least my problems with the monk http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592202372

There are also loads of people asking for a change to the set bonuses from Inna's, especially the spirit regen bonus of 0.33. If you look at some items that give spirit regen and compare with the same items giving DH Discipline, 2.3 spirit regen seems to equal 10 Discipline (and 1 spirit equal 9 discipline...). When comparing Nat's and Inna's, you see that the set bonus to Discipline from Nat is 20 discipline where Inna's give you 0.33 spirit regen. I really do not get how resources are compared between classes.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Yea, for sure, that bonus is just insulting. If it's any consolation I think that Tal's set has far worse bonuses than Inna's.

Wow, I had forgotten exactly what they had said back then about the monk, how sad. They apparently spent 3.5 months working on deep changes for the monk and ended up just doing a numbers tweak for the most part.

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Inna's yeesh. The two piece has been terrible as it never changed with the legendary improvement, and the 4 piece well sure does seem to go against their supposed mantra of improving build diversity. Love Sweeping and only used the FitL rune not gearswapped. But it would be awesome if builds could do without if people preferred and still be equally as viable.

IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

Mantra of Retaliation still completely useless.

IncGamers Member

Really the worst thing about all those skills is the lack of a high base mantra - 150 mantra is simply not enough to actually do some "funny combo" with the skills in your skillbar.

So either that should be increased to something like 250/400 (and maybe increase the mantra regen on hits also by like 10-20%) OR all skills have to be lowered in mantra cost.

That way you can actually DEPEND on skills, and that way it actually makes sense to put skills there for damage instead of simply utility.

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

When I linked that thread to the PTR forums the responses exploded. It's been a pretty constructive thread over there with some good ideas. Can only hope for the best. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592202447#1

IncGamers Member

Sadly, it doesn't seem that the thread will get the answer it so deserves. I guess they have a reason for ignoring the questions, even though I do not get it as it causes a lot of frustration. The chance now seems to be their "Ask the Devs".

If you're interested in getting answers, I think you should look at this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...47?page=11#207
    All the questions concerning monk I advice you to read the questions before voting, a lot of them are bad imo.

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

I've read through several of those pages and there are enough questions concerning the various issues surrounding monks that I think they may actually answer some form of a question pertaining to us in that ask the devs. I think it's a good idea to make those ask the devs threads. I do however feel like they should have gotten into more specific areas and say have a ask the devs thread for each class, and then for pvp and then for general gameplay (not class specific) questions. The rating system seems flawed because many of the first few pages will be rated higher than the later pages, many of the same questions are asked in different ways, and I just don't see the rating system being a reliable source for what sorts of concerns the community really has.

Quote Originally Posted by Such Violent Storms View Post
    Mantra of Retaliation still completely useless.
    There is no mantra called mantra of retaliation. Mantra of retribution is not useless though. We used to run it in our group for our freeze wizard, was something about reaching a break point for him. The transgression rune for 8% attack speed to party. Helps the wizard and adds dps to him and the party too! It's a good mantra.