Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

PN - The Poison Nova Necromancer [HC/p8/no mule/untwinked]

Herro guyz!

Back in November the 21:st I started playing a Necromancer. I thought of posting this topic back then already, but I never got to it. Anywho, I'm playing a Poison Nova Necromancer, I use no summons with the exception of a Golem. I actually tried this once before but I deeded at Andariel Hell at level 85. This was quite a while back but I managed to feel the potential of the build and I never really forgot about it. It was crazy hard to progress with and Hell was pure pain but I still had so much fun running it. I always wanted to give it a go again and that's where I am right now!

If you haven't read my introduction you can find it here.

To summarize I play pure Hardcore /players 8 and I don't mule or trade. My characters are always built from scratch. It's how I always imagined SP should be like and it's also a nice challange! I usually don't do Ladder Runewords either, but I decided to try it this time!

The Build:

20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    20 Golem Master
    7 Lower Resist
    Pre reqs

40%~ block

Rest vitality

Act 2 Defiance Merc

This is at level 91, where I'm currently at. I'm not sure about the remaining skill points really. Some will go into Lower Resist... I think. When I get TO Shield I'll spend more points in Dex, right now it isn't worth it.

The Progress:

After a lot of farming at Andariel and Mephisto Nightmare I managed to surpass my previous Necromancer. I'm in Act 3 Hell right now. I haven't killed Mephisto but I've done everything up to him. I wanted to get to Lower Kurast as quickly as possible to farm Runes for Call To Arms, Enigma and Infinity.

The Items:

Me...

Helm:
    Spoiler

Amulet:
    Spoiler

Weapon:
    Spoiler

Armor:
    Spoiler

Shield:
    Spoiler

Gloves:
    Spoiler

Ring 1:
    Spoiler

Ring 2:
    Spoiler

Belt:
    Spoiler

Boots:
    Spoiler

Switch Weapon:
    Spoiler

Switch Shield:
    Spoiler

Mercenary...

Helm:
    Spoiler

Weapon:
    Spoiler

Armor:
    Spoiler

Highlights:

I've been running a lot of Pits and Lower Kurast. Pits was really slow in the start but levels helps a bunch and speed right now is quite ok! I just my CTA yesterday so I haven't run anything with it so far. If you wanna see some of the drops, just let me know and I'll post the screenies I have screenshots of everything I've found and made so far!

I've had 2x Mavina Helms, Mavina Armor, 2x Sur, 2x Vex, Gul, 2x Ist, Mal, Reaper's Toll, Mara's Kaleidoscope, Darkforce Spawn, several Ormus Robes and a lot of other stuff I can't remember atm!

I also have a really sexy small charm with 5@ and 7 mf!

I was so happy for Mara's, but also the Trang Gloves in Nightmare made a huge impact in gameplay.

More to come of course!

Goals:

There's a lot of stuff I want. Death's Web is one example. CoA or some cool Necro Circ/Cor/Dia aswell. I found an almost perfect Death's Web on my previous character, a Paladin. So I hope lightning strikes me twice... so to speak :P

I just got my CTA today and it's, as you can see above, horrible. 1 BO. I'm not to upset about it though since I'll probably get the chance to roll another one before this is "over".

I'm chasing Infinity and Enigma right now, aswell as other item upgrades of course. I'm missing Jah and 2x Ber for those two.

I really want a CoA with 2x 5/5 poison facets, it might be totally unrealistic but... it keeps me motivated. I long thought about Shako but I'd rather use a CoA. I want to try it and Enigma will grant me enough strength together with TO Shield.

Death's Web... I just need to run my brains out. I HAVE to find it!

TO Shield and Belt is also something I'm chasing. I found the gloves already, and I'm so happy for that. It's huge boost but I don't need to tell you guys that!

Upcoming

I'm running Lower Kurast and doing The Pits on and off now. This is what I will continue to do for a while. I'm not sure it's worth farming Andy or Mephisto Hell really. It'll be slow and I don't need a lot of possible drops from them.

And some last words...

I'm posting this because I'd like any input and comments to improve I can get. I'll also keep updating my progress! It's so nice to have knowledgable people to discuss with and it always gets ideas going in my head!

Thanks for reading guys and I hope you enjoyed and will enjoy it as much as I do!

Feel free to post or ask anything you want!

If I missed something... sorry!

LOVE

Seb

Re: PN - The Poison Nova Necromancer [HC/p8/no mule/untwinked]

I love your playstyle, but I would find it very frustrating myself

Have you considered making a Bone armor instead of Lionheart?

IncGamers Member

@FredOfErik

Yes I have! I have the Um's for it aswell. I just need a new pair of boots because of strength req or a strength boost from other item!

IncGamers Member

Good luck with your goals with the character.

A quick question, why Infinity? It won't lower enemies poison resistance.

IncGamers Member

@Dodgydave
    Corpse Explosion does 50% fire and 50% physical damage and there's really nothing better!

Quote Originally Posted by sebhehe View Post
    ...and I don't mule or trade...

...I've had 2x Mavina Helms, Mavina Armor, 2x Sur, 2x Vex, Gul, 2x Ist, Mal, Reaper's Toll, Mara's Kaleidoscope, Darkforce Spawn, several Ormus Robes and a lot of other stuff I can't remember atm!
    Did you just sell the stuff you couldn't hold? Think of the Grail!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by sebhehe View Post
    @Dodgydave
    Corpse Explosion does 50% fire and 50% physical damage and there's really nothing better!
    This is true. But is it that much more effective than say a Reapers (which you said you have found) and it's ability to lower physical resistance as well as slowing enemies. I guess Infinity leaves you open to using lower resist as well. Seems like a lot of LK running though!

Best of luck.

I like it! Good luck with the rune hunting (and finding that Death's Web,) and reaching your goals! Quite a challenge you've set yourself untwinked, so best of luck!

IncGamers Member

@ioupainmax
    Yup, it hurts my soul sometimes, but I do!

@Dodgydave
    I've tried Reaper's at this kind of Necro before and it doesn't really work well. I love Reaper's everywhere else but it just gets annoying here! I also love LK so it's no worry!

@Drystan
    Thanks and... thanks!

alright mate, good to see you joined the real single player community, I look forward to following your chars here as I don't visit d2jsp enough to follow you.