Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Patch Preview up

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560

New crafting recipes, if I read it correctly, are more closely resembling what I expected crafting to result in when they announced it.

Hoping they will eventually transition crafting into that direction overall (select 1-2 specific affixes, rest random).

Not really a fan of just damage buff on Arcane Orb, I was hoping for something like more AoE on non-Celestial/Nova runes. I suspect that Blizzard basically isn't doing anything about rune balance this patch.

Temporal Flux finally not being terrible is good, though, this kind of puts Ray of Frost in a (even) bad(er) spot unless it got changes as well. Amusingly enough, Temporal Flux buff probably helps Archon builds more than it does help non-Archon Arcane builds.

Re: Patch Preview up

PvP - It's a simpler version compared to the arena that was scrapped.

Seems like Blizzard intends to add the basis first, then expand on it in the future. Pretty smart IMO.

-New crafted items are BoA, so that prevents them from screwing the market. But some items are definitely going down. (armors, trifecta ammy and gloves probably)

- More incentive to kill elites (Demonic Essence)

- More incentive to kill certain bosses (drops the new crafting recipes)

- New Gem tier - Marquise (3 Radiant Star gems, 20 million gold, and 1 Demonic Essence) Prepare for gems to increase in value

I think they should include brimstones into the new crafting recipe, I have hordes of them and have no idea what to do with them.

Overall I'm satisfied with the changes, curious to see the wizard/monk buffs.

IncGamers Member

A lot of that sounds pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing the PTR notes for a complete list of changes. Hopefully, they will also change crafting to allow for ilvl 63 properties to appear on normal crafted items too.

I don't think they're quite going far enough with gems, though. Although I think it's a good idea to make rubies desirable in weapons, rubies are already fairly valuable. It might be nice to make better incentives for the other two gems. Also, I think the stat boosting properties could be a little bit better too.

Thanks for the heads up

Death is not permanent in the dueling zone, even for Hardcore characters

Does this mean HC players do not lose their characters when they lose in duels?
    Last edited by fmulder; 12-01-2013 at 04:35.

Yeah, I mean, who would be dumb enough to lose their character permanently just for pvp?

IncGamers Member

“The game doesn’t keep score and there are no objectives. We wanted dueling to be as simple and straightforward as possible, so we created a minimalist system — we know that even without rewards and objectives, some players just want to beat each other up. ”

wait wait wait

what was their reason for cancelling arena PvP ?

“Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly. We’ve brought a lot of people in to try out Team Deathmatch and, while some found it entertaining, most of our testers didn’t feel like it was something they’d want to do beyond a few hours. Without more varied objectives, or very lucrative rewards, few saw our current iteration as something they’d want spend a lot of time in.”

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163...te_-12_27_2012

IncGamers Member

we know that even without rewards and objectives, some players just want to beat each other up.
    Dog, meet bone. Bone, meet dog.

Nothing more, nothing less James.

IncGamers Member

Upping dmg for monks spirit spending skills? I really hope they've done something more than that, it would be better to just decrease the spirit cost of them somewhat and change range on some skills etc. Maybe that will be in the patch notes.... Also wonder where the hell the OWE nerf is? I'd like it to come now so we're done with that crap.

IncGamers Member

FlyBoyG made a good point in th enews page

Dueling:

Seems like the idea is you’ll be playing act 1 and turn so someone and say ‘hey, wonna duel’ and then they’ll say ‘sure, best of 3.’ then you’ll go and duel. The end. Now back to the grind. Fair enough. What bugs me is if you want to say ‘wonna duel’ but are in act 2/3/4, you can’t. Perhaps they’ll add custom arenas for those acts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
    Dog, meet bone. Bone, meet dog.

Nothing more, nothing less James.

"For now, though, we're going to first be looking at new modes that play up to the strengths of the character classes, focus on objectives beyond just defeating other players, and possibly even integrate PvE elements and rewards."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163...te_-12_27_2012

objectives beyond just defeating other players?
    PVE elements and rewards ?

We didn't get any of that at all.

"Nothing more" is certainly correct

I guess those will come in patch 1.5 lol

nothing less ?

uh, yeah, we had this TWO YEARS ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQTN9IkDWI

IncGamers Member

Kind of disappointed. Not so much that the changes are bad, but that the previewed changes are relatively minor "quality of life" changes rather than things that will significantly impact my gameplay experience.

For me, the only thing that's changing is that I can integrate runs of sub-bosses to try and get those crafting recipes. But everything else is already something I'm doing in the game. There also are relatively few of those crafting recipes, so even that will be exhausted soon.

Side note: I find it really funny that the Wizard skills getting buffed (Arcane Orb, Blizzard, Shock Pulse) are like, 3 of the 7 offensive skills Wizards even use these days. IMO, wouldn't Magic Missile, Disintegrate, Ray of Frost, Meteor, etc. warrant damage buffs to bring them more in line with Piercing Orb and Arcane Orb?

Anyway, the last few patches brought major systems changes that really enhanced the quality of the game for me. This one, so far, is bringing very little.