Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Skills thread

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: Skills thread

I'm flexible. Not contortionist flexible, but pretty bendy. However, I'have had chronic back pain for almost 8 years and that is starting to get in the way.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    What? Some people can't do this?

WHAT? Who can't do that?

I'm learning stuff today.

I can peel bananas with my toes. I also routinely pick things off the floor with my feet and either bend my leg back against my butt to grab them with my hand or "foot throw" them wherever they need to go. I often do laundry this way. Think of my Hallux and second toes as acting like pincers. Normally, I wouldn't consider this a "skill," just a freak genetic oddity, but I guess if being able to bend one's tongue into a "u" and doing the vulcan salute qualify, then...

I have a female friend who can pee standing up. IIRC, she can also utilize this ability to write her name in the snow. Maybe that qualifies as well.
    The tongue bending is some kind of genetic thing, but I think it's 50/50 whether you can or not.

I don't know what you couldn't Vulcan solute though...

I'm also an expert toe grabber and do the stuff you mentioned often. Never peeled a banana though, maybe I'll try that later. Ironically I ate a banana just 5 minutes ago.

My real talent is cracking my chest I'd say. Just like you crack your knuckles I can crack my sternum.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

on command? Because mine cracks too but if I arch a certain way when I stretch (stick my chest out). And it's not often. That's neat. ^_^

I can pop many body parts: back (hence chronic back pain. Lulz), neck, wrists, knuckles, hip joints (but I try not to do that. Don't want a limp when I get older. But it keeps my hips flexible so... lost cause? ), ankles, toes. but that's not a talent. >.>

I can sort of dance?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Yea, I can crack all those places as well, although I don't really like to.

Somewhat on command. Probably slightly less than I could pop my knuckles

I'm a crack shot, obviously, but I've never tried to be uniquely skilled at any one thing - I recall a game (Traveller?) that had a "Jack of all Trades" skill and I thought, "THAT's MEE!".

Here's what I get to try doing tomorrow, after I managed to diagnose and hopefully fix a failure of my Exchange 2010 MMC that had the headquarters jackanapes looking for solutions with both hands & a flashlight...

Next weekend I get to assist & supervise a human dog sled Trivial Pursuit team. We won last year's competition.

EDIT - regarding earlier posts, I do make my neck sound like popcorn if I want to gross someone out. Plus I can '****' and 'fire' my left thumb, though it only makes a soft sound...

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I can click my tongue unusually loudly. With the right acoustics it can be uncomfortable, and almost painful, for listeners.

I used to do a thing where I'd pretend to stumble, click my tongue and then clutch my knee, leg or whatever. One time I managed to fool someone at work into believing I'd broken my leg. On other occasions, I would pretend to break my own nose.

When I was younger, I could put my ankles behind my ears. I stopped doing this in public after one time at a nurse's party when people started rolling me around the room.

Obviously I am too grown-up to do all that now

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    What? Some people can't do this?
    Yes. My mother can't. I can't wiggle my ears BTW.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    I can click my tongue unusually loudly. With the right acoustics it can be uncomfortable, and almost painful, for listeners.

I used to do a thing where I'd pretend to stumble, click my tongue and then clutch my knee, leg or whatever. One time I managed to fool someone at work into believing I'd broken my leg. On other occasions, I would pretend to break my own nose.

When I was younger, I could put my ankles behind my ears. I stopped doing this in public after one time at a nurse's party when people started rolling me around the room.

Obviously I am too grown-up to do all that now
    Like when the guy that played data went on alphas. Can you close your eyes and use the sounds for sonar like that blind guy who rides the bike?

I wish i had skills. I can't even capitalize appropriately.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I can indeed click my tongue for sonar, but it's only really effective underwater.

Not that I'd risk that again after falling foul of a gang of porpoises I had inadvertently enraged.

Get the click outta here!

edit: image tags hate me.
    Attached Images Attached Images