Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

At what level do you have enough mana to cast all the time?

For an untwinked character, around what level do you have enough mana to be able to cast all the time?

Re: At what level do you have enough mana to cast all the time?

Twinked most would probably say around 27-30, since insight has a level requirement of 27 all you need is to get your merc to that level. Untwinked it becomes a bit harder to say, for me it falls down to insight anyway since I'm tend not to use energy builds even if I can restat later. Insight becomes fairly easy to farm runes for at nightmare countess, so around level 35-45 depending on when you go to nightmare and reach her.
    With an energy build you should feel like you can cast all the time earlier then that ... as long as you pot and pick pots accordingly.

IncGamers Member

I managed to make an Insight on the latest ladder, my first time through at level 33 during my run to the Arreat Summit.

Remember that in the present environment you get 3 free respecs (I mean, you are doing Den of Evil anyway). So, you can easily pump warmth until you get to glacial spike. It affects mana regen%, which has more effect if you have more mana. So, with some sapphires in your items you can have a large mana pool and warmth will help you a great deal. At level 34 or so respec and pull all your points from Glacial Spike and start putting them in Frozen Orb. That will easily carry you through nightmare all the way to A1 hell, where you can use your NM respec to start your viable hell build, and then use your Hell respec once you get your Hellfire charm and whatever else to get to your final spec.

IncGamers Member

I like that approach. It feels dumb to play a caster class and spend so much time meleeing.

I usually get bored with a character once I can spam AoE, so end game probably isn't a concern anyway.

IncGamers Member

Is there a good alternative to Insight? I'm playing non-ladder realm and Insight doesn't seem to be available for that.

Afraid not, if you've just started you may wish to restart on ladder, not only for insight but also for the spirit runeword. You could of course trade yourself an insight, but ladder runewords can be somewhat expensive on NL, still a low level insight shouldn't be that costly.

IncGamers Member

A pity I got all my accounts deleted. It seemed I had dozens of insights and infinities of all kinds on europe non-ladder.

On ladder you're ususually building your first insight at level ~30, just keep an eye on polearms (4s or larzuk-doable). My every single sorc has found one during questing in normal. Same for spirit.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kijya View Post
    You could of course trade yourself an insight, but ladder runewords can be somewhat expensive on NL, still a low level insight shouldn't be that costly.
    How does that work? I thought ladder characters could not join games with NL.

Quote Originally Posted by OsyncO View Post
    How does that work? I thought ladder characters could not join games with NL.
    Once a ladder season ends (every 6 months nowdays?) all ladder characters (gear included) are converted to NL. Players who wish to keep playing ladder will then have to restart from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by OsyncO View Post
    Is there a good alternative to Insight? I'm playing non-ladder realm and Insight doesn't seem to be available for that.
    You can make a Fire Wall/Frozen Orb sorc, that way you can pump as many points as you like into Warmth without wasting said points. Other than that trade for Frostburn as early as possible. Cheap gloves + 40% max mana.

I do not understand why you dont play ladder if you are untwinked.