Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Stuck with gear - don't know what my problem is

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to make yet another gearing question post, but I'm at a loss. I've sunk a lot of time and gold into my DH, and I can't even get above MP2 - and even that's a little hairy. Right now I'm farming Act 3 MP0, but I would really like to be able to advance to making key runs at an acceptable Monster Power. Would anyone have some advice on which pieces I could upgrade to get to about MP5? I have a budget of about 100mil gold.

Thank you! I appreciate the help.

Edit: here's my gear http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/13096054

IncGamers Member

Re: Stuck with gear - don't know what my problem is

Well, for many people, farming Act 3 on MP0 is the most efficient way to get items/gold/exp, so being stuck there might not be such a bad thing. But of course, there's nothing wrong with wanting to go to a higher MP either. In that case, what exactly is it that is giving you difficulty in MP3+? Is it you are dying regularly (and if so, to what kinds of monsters/attacks) or is it just too slow?

IncGamers Member

Hi Oblique,

Thanks for the answer. My main difficulty right now is killing speed - Anything higher than Mp2 dies insanely slow, and I tend to get swarmed and then die. I've been farming Act 3 for quite some time, and would very much like to move up to being able to key farm.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester

If you want to start doing MP4 you'll want around 150k dps, which is exactly what I have. My DH can do MP4 key runs pretty fast with that DPS, so shoot for that number. 100M is a great budget to start with. Instead of average to good upgrades, you should start investing in solid gear that will last you a while.

Start with Inna's Temperance (pants), that's pretty much a BIS item and a lot of the top softcore DH use it. Spend some gold and buy one with Vitality. Aside from it having nice DPS for pants, it gives you an extra 12% run speed as well. Pretty sweet. Next one will be hard to swallow and will eat up your funds, but it's your best option IMO. Invest in a good Witching Hour.

From there I'd recommend upgrading your gems and keep an eye out for a Dead Man's Legacy with ~300 Dex and +Elemental Arrow Damage (since you're using Ball lightning), and then Nat's Chest (with +Discipline), Boots, and Ring. You'll be getting rid of your +pickup range gear so try to snag a bracer with 6 crit, high dex, vit or res, and range. Or if you're low on HP go for Strongarm bracer and Vile Ward. After doing the above you should have a pretty sweet Demon Hunter

IncGamers Member

Thanks MonTy. That is a HUGE help, and it gives me some pieces to focus on.