Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Re: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLong View Post
    @BA, Can we get a confirmation on Coju's vote? It never appear on your tally.

@Cujo, why the very last minute vote with no explanation?
    To make sure that val was lynched and that there wasn't a treestump or somebody unvoting at last minute

Do you want to explain a little more cujo, treestump, seems unlikely and no one can unvote after someone is locked

Without having any real knowledge about the show the most plausible explanation thus far for Val living again is a White Walker resurrection into a Wight, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable having him around as such. I'd like to lynch him again. Especially with the way he was nonchalant about getting lynched, almost as if he knew he was coming back. I'll listen to better ideas, but I think it'd be nice to have some groundwork laid for future if more people start getting resurrected.

Vote: Valhauros

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Ankeli, I agree with your line of reasoning. Even if Val wasn't acting puzzlingly content with being lynched, it's clear that we stand to gain the most information from attempting another lynch.

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Dead thread is dead.

Or maybe

Lurkers gonna lurk.

Who needs a fire lit under their proverbial ***?

Im afraid I might lurk more this game, busy week this is.

While I agree with anoher Val lynch, it's a slippery slope. Another simple val lynch stifles discussion and the people killing the two main contributors last night may just want that.

More later.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you lynch him again isn't it possible you still won't know his alignment? And who's to say he won't be able to be revived again somehow? Maybe it's a special ability some group has, being able to be constantly revived until "burned". Going off the fact that there's undead now, there has to be someone special who is able to kill the undead, or the second lynch just counts as the "burning". That would clear up the issue of constant revival. I'm kind of unsure about how these alignments work, do we get to find out only if they're lynched? What kind of information do we receive on their alignment, their abilities or something? Or if they're just anti-town or not? Do we not find out if they're killed at night? Is there a way to find out what alignment they are some other way? If it's a sure thing about finding about the alignment on the second lynch then I would most definitely try and lynch him again. Getting some info this way would clear lots of things up for me. And I didn't know there could be two night kills, is that normal? I thought there was a limit of one or something.

Sorry for all the questions, I would just ask my brother about these things but I'm not sure if asking about basic rules falls into the category of breaking that "no talk outside of thread rule". So I'm just playing it safe and fair and asking in here. :P

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    Im afraid I might lurk more this game, busy week this is.

While I agree with anoher Val lynch, it's a slippery slope. Another simple val lynch stifles discussion and the people killing the two main contributors last night may just want that.

More later.
    It probably does stifle it, but we don't have a lot else to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you lynch him again isn't it possible you still won't know his alignment? And who's to say he won't be able to be revived again somehow? Maybe it's a special ability some group has, being able to be constantly revived until "burned". Going off the fact that there's undead now, there has to be someone special who is able to kill the undead, or the second lynch just counts as the "burning". That would clear up the issue of constant revival. I'm kind of unsure about how these alignments work, do we get to find out only if they're lynched? What kind of information do we receive on their alignment, their abilities or something? Or if they're just anti-town or not? Do we not find out if they're killed at night? Is there a way to find out what alignment they are some other way? If it's a sure thing about finding about the alignment on the second lynch then I would most definitely try and lynch him again. Getting some info this way would clear lots of things up for me. And I didn't know there could be two night kills, is that normal? I thought there was a limit of one or something.

Sorry for all the questions, I would just ask my brother about these things but I'm not sure if asking about basic rules falls into the category of breaking that "no talk outside of thread rule". So I'm just playing it safe and fair and asking in here. :P
    Usually you get role/alignment upon lynching sometime, but rules change for games. You almost never get any info on night kills, but the person/faction that kills then typically gets it.

There could be a coroner type role in play that can get the info, but right now I'm expecting it's due to the resurrection thing. Maybe we only get info if they die and can't be revived again.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLong View Post
    Val took no care in the fact the he was going to be lynched. Probably bc he was scum and he fully knew that his alignment would be hidden.
    I can definitely see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    He could again get my vote, but what are the ramifications of trying to lynch him again? I worry he once again will have an unknown alignment, leaving us as much in the dark as we are now. Thoughts?

What is known is that there is a resurrection ability in the game and if we are to follow lore, this looks to be the work of White Walkers. As much as that is a paradox, could they kill and resurrect players?

Vote: Coju
    CG was the one who came out and said WW are in the game, and which made him a prime target for a NK from the WW. Why would a house want him dead? To me that makes it likely that WW can kill.

As for lynching Val again, we can try, but we may have better ways to spend the lynch. What if whoever rezzed Val can keep doing it? Then we gain nothing from the lynch. What if there are people who can kill the WW, like coju has said? I think we should give them a night to take care of Val, if they exist. If they don't, we lynch him tomorrow. I think today we should try to get to the root of the problem, and after yesterday, that to me seems more likely to be coju.

Vote: coju

Quote Originally Posted by coju View Post
    To make sure that val was lynched and that there wasn't a treestump or somebody unvoting at last minute
    Come again? How does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Ankeli View Post
    Without having any real knowledge about the show the most plausible explanation thus far for Val living again is a White Walker resurrection into a Wight, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable having him around as such. I'd like to lynch him again. Especially with the way he was nonchalant about getting lynched, almost as if he knew he was coming back. I'll listen to better ideas, but I think it'd be nice to have some groundwork laid for future if more people start getting resurrected.

If people keep coming back, do we just spend all our time lynching them?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post

Getting an alignment on lynch but not people who die at night is normal, but not guaranteed. We may not even get alignments for anyone we lynch, it just depends on how BA set up the game. As for finding alignments without reveals, information roles will do it with night actions, like cops and coroners.

Normally mafia only gets a single kill in a night. A second kill usually indicates a vig, SK, or second mafia, although in the last game mafia had a one time 2 kill night. At the moment at least we can't really tell where the second kill came from.