Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: OT: anyone interested in free personal training?

inter: Grats on the PR, that's a sick lift. Got video?

Nulio and others: if you have a specific goal like powerlifting, martial arts, or even modeling, I still might be able to help. My experience lies mainly in fat loss because that's what 99% of people want. But I'm sure I can apply some of the stuff I've read or ask advice from one of my other friends in the industry.

I'm also glad that other people are chiming in with their own experiences too. This is turning out to be a pretty cool thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dazliare View Post
    nulio, i'll run tomorrow if you do :d and dude, ingrown toenails suck. Other people tell me it's nothing to think about, but they obviously haven't had one.
    qft .

The doctors considered removing the toenail, but that would probably just defer the problem some months/year since the new nail would end up ingrowing again (it was what caused the problem, the toenail fell after some blow while playing and when growing they are dumb), unless I would adopt some kind of treatment to correct its growth but this would be a pain in the *** for the whole time (probably more than a year), and I never expected it would take five months to be ok again (stupid toenails that grow sooo slow and massive badluck).

I guess I'll have first to test my discipline and see if I start running regularly and to start a food log. If I manage to accomplish both I'll take up your offer for the rest (probably 1- get a software to input food log to get some numbers and 2- exercises to complement running).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by GooberGrape View Post
    inter: Grats on the PR, that's a sick lift. Got video?
    No video. I've never recorded any of my lifts. Maybe I should start now when the weights are starting to feel impressive even to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nulio View Post
    The doctors considered removing the toenail, but that would probably just defer the problem some months/year since the new nail would end up ingrowing again (it was what caused the problem, the toenail fell after some blow while playing and when growing they are dumb), unless I would adopt some kind of treatment to correct its growth but this would be a pain in the *** for the whole time (probably more than a year), and I never expected it would take five months to be ok again (stupid toenails that grow sooo slow and massive badluck).

I guess I'll have first to test my discipline and see if I start running regularly and to start a food log. If I manage to accomplish both I'll take up your offer for the rest (probably 1- get a software to input food log to get some numbers and 2- exercises to complement running).
    I did have one "client" that injured her ankle really bad. We started her on goblet squats instead, and she ended up gaining better strength and conditioning with goblet squats than she did when running. By the time she recovered from the ankle injury, she could run five miles no problem, and before she would throw up after only one mile. There may be a similar exercise that works for you.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Code:
    Forum Name         Goal                             Start         End
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    GooberGrape        Visible Abs                      1/3/13     5/3/13
    FoE                No more water with leek/onion    1/3/13     1/4/13
    Daz                Visible Abs/Run 5 Miles          1/3/13     5/15/13
    Corax              Lose 10kg/general awesome        1/4/13     when i get there
    inter              Lose 3kg                         1/7/13     1/7/20
      Thy               Lose 2st (12st atm)toning              4 Jan 13   Goal accomplished
    Alright count your chubby little Thy in.

I'll start on the food log...

I do have a cross trainer and weight lifty machine thing. Perhaps this will get me back to actually USING them which was quite successful last year.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

I have a different problem. I need to gain weight. In the right places that is. I need some muscles and strength. I just now managed to get my eating under control which means I am eating again. Any input on what I can do to slowly get some strength back?

Quote Originally Posted by Moar View Post
    I have a different problem. I need to gain weight. In the right places that is. I need some muscles and strength. I just now managed to get my eating under control which means I am eating again. Any input on what I can do to slowly get some strength back?
    Hi Moar,

Let me give you some help. For muscle and strength, the first thing you need to do is, address your diet. In order to grow, one must be in a caloric surplus. So you must find out your TDEE and then add 300-500 calories on top of that daily. So say your TDEE for example, is 2500 calories, you should be consuming anywhere from 2800-3000 calories a day. This will allow your body to grow muscle (along with some fat mind you depending on how great a surplus you are in) along with your strength. If you are mainly after strength doing a strength routine like 5/3/1 would be advised, although by simply lifting heavy and eating in a surplus, you will find your strength will go up.

IncGamers Member

You can read up here, but basically, eat ~1g protein per pound of bodyweight, eat excess calories, and lift heavy stuff. If you eat enough protein, you can basically eat whatever you want. Hell, there are even strength training programs that recommend you drink a gallon of milk a day just for enough calories. Definitely get on a strength training program though. I'd recommend Stronglifts, Starting Strength, or 5/3/1.

Quote Originally Posted by nulio View Post

I had this little metal thingy on my nail (brace maybe? not sure of the english word). Sure it took a long time (can't recall how long, but 1 year+) but it really wasn't a pain in the ***. I had to get it corrected every second month or something and that was sorta uncomfortable, but between that I had no pain or problems whatsoever. Can strongly recommend it.

Edit: picture of nail thingy on a nail