Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Re: OT: anyone interested in free personal training?

Yes systems are a nice idea and I like plans. It's the curve balls which are a pain. Me being incredibly lazy doesn't help.

My plan for this week is to just try and get up when the alarm goes off. It's not rocket science and I should be able to manage it. It'd be easier if I wasn't getting to bed at 4am but hey ho, got to start somewhere.

Food is great - peeler issue apart. (@ Moar, I had a catalogue and thought "Nah, I'll just get one from Tesco so I don't have to wait for it to arrive." Hahahahaha.) Food around five pm ish except on the Coventry trip days. Then it tends to be chippy on the way back.

If I can get the sleep sorted out, I think a lot of the other stuff will follow. IE I'll be more awake and coherent enough to make sure the Food Log wordpad is open and not thinking "Crap it's almost dark and time to close the curtains and I've only finished my third cup of tea."

Getting my tablets down me at the same time each day probably won't hurt either. I wonder how much they effect sleep but I can't just stop them.

Fair do on the alcohol and caffeine; I was astonished you didn't mention my tea intake! *sips wine*.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

IncGamers Member

I'm not at all a medical expert, but I dealt with a lot of insomnia in high school and early college, and talked to many a doctor about it. Are you just having trouble falling asleep, or that and staying asleep? If it's just falling asleep, and one you're asleep you can sleep whatever amount you need (7.5 hours ish for me), then you might have delayed sleep phase disorder. I put might in italics because it's really rare. I have a very mild case of it, and it's just a malfunction of your circadian rhythm. Melatonin helped me a ton, and nowadays i don't have to worry about it, since I don't have any early classes.

If that's not it, do you have any idea what might be causing it? Some kind of stress in your life? Therapy might be worth considering, although I seem to remember you saying you'd tried that. Maybe someone else though.

/hugs for Thy. Insomnia really sucks. Lack of sleep throws everything else out of whack.

Have you had a blood test recently? My younger brother had a horrible time sleeping and when he went to the Dr. they gave him a prescription Vitamin D supplement cause his levels were way, way low. It's been a few weeks for him and he's doing better.

It can be hard, but the food log really helps. And if you have an off day, forgive yourself and do better the next day. Weight loss is a constant thing, as long as you follow your plan for the majority of days in a week you should see results.

Good luck!

I feel like the new diet's starting to become ingrained into me, I haven't even thought about phoning the local pizza place or turning a quarter of a loaf of bread into toast in over a week now. Be interesting to see what the scales have to say tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyiad View Post
    If I can get the sleep sorted out, I think a lot of the other stuff will follow. IE I'll be more awake and coherent enough to make sure the Food Log wordpad is open and not thinking "Crap it's almost dark and time to close the curtains and I've only finished my third cup of tea."
    For the last couple of weeks I've just been writing mine down in a notepad (or on a post-it if I forget to bring it with me) then writing it all up when I have 20 minutes to spare. It may not work for you but I find it much easier to make quick notes by hand than on a computer.

Hope your dad's ok too, stress like that makes everything far more difficult to cope with.

Photos and measurements tomorrow!

6 weeks in and I'm feeling much better, just got to watch my sleep patterns a bit more.

It's also slightly subjective but I'm sure I don't appear quite as fat in the most recent picture as I do in the one from when I started, even after only losing just over 6kg. My weight's below 120kg now too, so I'm looking forward to seeing the change in a few months time.

I have to say, I'm very glad for the push that this thread and GG have given me.

Anyone else interested in free personal training? Please feel free to contact me! It's my heartfelt desire to help everyone I can.

So far, so good. Everyone's going at their own pace, but we are all moving forward, and that's the important thing!

My dad called me out of the blue and wants me to train him too. He's very heavy (350+ pounds) and has a heart condition and type 2 diabetes. He is getting both knees replaced as well. It's going to mean working with doctors, therapists, and surgeons, not to mention a lot of prayer. I need a miracle.

Another guy also contacted me outside this forum. A very scrawny guy, maybe 130 pounds. Honorable discharge from the Army because they couldn't put enough weight on him to get him fit for combat. Should be interesting.

IncGamers Member

Got some advice to improve my lifting endurance. After only doing lifting routines that focus on increasing max rep, I needed a routing to really focus on those lower weight reps.

Talking mostly via PMs. Good luck everyone with their goals.

IncGamers Member

Update!

My weight is slightly higher than when I started (went from 195-200ish), which means I'm eating too much. I expected this, since I can't count calories or macros in the cafeteria, and a lot of the recipes are mysteries. However, all of my lifts have gone up, even my OHP! I've also gotten in better cardiovascular shape (I run to the gym, do my strength training, then ~20 minutes of sprint intervals before heading back), so I'm pretty happy with my progress. I know when summer comes around, it'll get a lot easier to lose weight at my dad's place.