Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Re: OT: anyone interested in free personal training?

Quote Originally Posted by colony View Post
    I'll post the pics tomorrow evening - the Sun's shining directly into the bathroom at the moment and I can't take a decent after picture like that.
    Here they are, don't look if you're currently eating or you don't like looking at fat, pasty white guys without a t-shirt on.

Before:
    Spoiler

Better picture from February:
    Spoiler

This morning:
    Spoiler

Fantastic change Colony, well done!

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Just reading RIP's stuff makes me tired.

Congratulations to col; that's a big change.

I've been exercising everyday as I said I would and I've also decided on some new goals:
    - I will get down to 66 kg
    - Target date for that is February 2013
    - Longer term goal is 62 kg
    - Target date being June 2013
    - Strength building so I can lift 40 kg easily with my weakest limbs on my weights machine
    - 1 kg/month may be a bit light but as I'm looking to increase strength, I think it's reasonable
    - I do need to stay off the gluten

I'll spare you the pictures of the start, June and now.

Good luck all.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

Grats Colony, you're an inspiration!

I'm changing my routine for a while as my legs could really use some time off!

Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday - Arms
    Saturday - Abs/Cardio

D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Still improving and I'm pleased. The weight isn't coming off stupidly fast but the stomach and bum is getting slimmer. I've done a little photo montage of when I started, June, September and a plan for next year (that involved bad Photoshopping!). Picked up a cheap set of free weights yesterday to help with my strength training.

Really pleased that 50 situps, 10 pilates circles and 15 leg lefts a day is paying off. I can build them up.

Next up to do a review of my food. I wrote down what I ate yesterday and while I was out getting a car and stuff it did look a bit light.

But hey, the only way is up, right. (Anyone else remember Yazz?)

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."

My toe is currently blue and black, no leg day tomorrow. Annoyingly I'm fine to do legs on Saturday and thereon after, but today should have been legs and shoulders tomorrow. Arif (my training partner for legs) got called in on a job suddenly and missed training, so I had to swap them around :(

On the other hand, I added a drop set to my shoulder workout (I normally only use drop sets on chest/back) today. I always finish with some 15 rep shoulder cable raises with rope, but drop setting it... Sheesh, I've never sworn so much during an exercise!

I also got a new recipe. The nutritionist phoned me up to see how I was getting on with my new diet (3800 calories, and I really struggle to eat that much, thank god for baked potato...), and suggested that I try out a new snack she was using. Mini sweet peppers (I eat them anyway) stuffed with cold meat, I used ham today and it was really nice!

My macros have been changed too;

Protein = 280g
    Carbohydrates = 380g
    Fats = 75g

Protein carbs are pretty simple, but I sometimes struggle to hit my fat, although I normally manage it.

My main fat sources are natural peanut butter/almond butter, avocados and a tablespoon of EVOO in my night time shake. I get a bit from corned beef too, but it isn't exactly good fats, and it is lean corned beef so not much of it really.

I also cut my fruit down from 3 to two portions, I only have a banana and half a tin of pineapple now, and both with my first meal of the day - although sometimes if I have to train later in the day I'll keep my banana for then. Class isn't such a problem either, there is a kettle so I can fit a green tea in at break time and just take a couple of peanut butter sandwiches and some mixed veg.

I still can't find anywhere that sells chobani. I use Danio just now and they aren't bad, 125 calories with 13g protein - high in sugar though.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Kitteh, where are you getting natural peanut butter? Reading labels in supermarkets, I'm a bit confused about if they're all natural or if I'm missing something. The chunky seems to be better than the smooth, but that's it.

I'm still keeping on keeping on.

50 sit ups a day, 20 leg lifts in addition to whatever I have scheduled. I really like working with the dumbells and I can see an improvement in strength already.

I'm not doing as well with weight loss. I did miss my 69 kg target for Oct 1. :( Basically I'm plateauing around 70-71kg. It's possible that the muscle growth accounts for that but I wouldn't put money on it.

I've changed my eating habits to be about every 3-4 hours instead of breakfast, lunch, dinner. That really does seem to be working well. It's also helping my mood because I do get very narky when I'm hungry. Even if I don't realize that I'm hungry.

One thing I'm also going to try and arrange is increase my calorie intake once or twice a week; maybe that will help trick the body into thinking it doesn't have to store everything it gets!

I did take a break from bacon as my breakfast and had chicken but one week of that and I wanted my bacon back.

Hope everyone else is flying along.

Muscle does weigh more than fat. Also, if you want to avoid your body storing everything then you should eat less but more often. The body goes into hyper storage mode if it thinks it isn't getting fed.

Regarding increasing the calorie intake. Some people (when cutting) do a loading day, normally the day when they don't work out. The idea is that you eat at your maintenance calories (neither gain nor loss), and load up on carbs. I've never tried it myself, but apparently it works well.

I used to use this. but I use Whole Earth now because Tesco stopped selling the 100% natty stuff.

I found this old video of me learning to deadlift, which you can probably tell based on my form
    Although, the reason I record exercises in the first place is to check my form...

I can't say for sure what the weight is, but I was really focused on just perfecting my form and ROM, so it wouldn't have been much. It looks like 25 either side plus an Olympic bar, so I would guess that it is 70kg. If anybody is interested in videos then I'll happily link more as I'm going to start using more video documentation. Its back tomorrow so I'll probably be recording some T-bar rows.