Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Re: OT: anyone interested in free personal training?

@Smancer - Food won't really hit your bloodstream in 15 minutes anyway, I'd just concentrate on getting in some food right after you work out. Take a look at what combobreaker said about post-workout nutrition (about five posts up) regarding carbs and whatnot. He would be the guy to ask.

IncGamers Member

@Dazliare: As for forbidden suplements, its hard to decide, who is clean and who is not...Unless there is proof of using such things, of course...You have also to keep in mind, that NOT all Powerlifting federations are testing people, for example i'm lifting in GPC (Global Powerlifting Congress) and there is no testing at all...But this does not mean, that every lifter must be using roids or worse...Some can, but i do believe, that there is majority (incuding me), who never used it and are against them...Only really tested federation is IPF, and this still does not mean everyone is clean there...No ofense to anyone, just few opinions

@Smancer: Congratulations, its very nice to see someone, who loves squating, and any improvement is important and very good motivation for You, the weight on the bar does not matter ...As for me, i just want to improve my front squats from 160kgs to 200kgs, benchpress from 180kgs to 200kgs, and hopefully to reach these numbers next Year...It will be difficult and long journey, but i cant stand my poor benchpress anymore

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

Still trundling along. Bit of a faux pas with Yorkshire puddings this week. Didn't pay enough attention when taking dad for his 79th birthday meal. The chocky fudge cake was deliberate after that. Didn't get much of it; boyfriend. I felt ill the following day, so I do think leaving off bread was a good idea.

Weight holding steady. Middle/bum getting smaller.

Might investigate pickles; friend swears by them.

I can't express how much better I feel since I started this. And I'm sleeping. I no longer feel hungry and want to eat a dozen times a day.

How's everyone else doing?

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

IncGamers Member

Awesome Thy!
    I've been holding pretty much steady for the last month or so. College graduation is in two weeks and it's bee really stressful, so I haven't gotten to the gym as much as I like, but moving back home will fix that I can't wait to have my own kitchen again hahaha. I have a plan ready for the summer cut though, so I'm hoping in a few months time, I'll be where I want to be.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Small gain last week but ho hum.

I've decided that my goal is going to be 65-68kg rather than 60kg. It puts me nearer the centre of my ideal weight rather than on the left hand edge but better than the obese section I'm in now. However, still down from 76kg to 73kg (72kg last week).

93 cm on the centre (I'm sure I've mismeasured that!) and 109.5cm on the bottom bit. Both down from where I started!

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

Interesting thread, didn't quite expect to see that on a D2 forum. I only glossed over it, but if nothing else it reminded me that I need to get back into my regular workout schedule as well. Work / life balance has been shifting ever more to the work side of things and I've neglected ... well, me. Maybe I should try to work to live instead of living to work. :3

IncGamers Member

Having been diagnosed with Trochanteric Bursitis and banned from running for a month whilst taking ibuprofen every day to get rid of the inflamed bursa i suspect my weight might climb upwards some more. Due to resting before going to the doctors (why bother going when most things clear up eh) a month or two of minimal running has seen approaching a 10lb gain already lol.

Still if i eat the same as when i am running without actually doing the running i'd gain 1 lb a week. Oddly (perhaps) i tend to eat more when not running than when i am running so the gain is worse.

Being able to do some form of exercise, cycling ideally as i dont swim, would be nice but not sure if i would be allowed too.

Hello everyone! Since this thread started we had some really great successes. Off the top of my head:

- Goober (me) lost 21 pounds and Goober's girl lost 17 pounds

- Colony lost 40 pounds and forever changed his eating habits

- Thyiad lost 10 pounds and self-diagnosed some food allergies

- One of my former "clients" kept the weight off after a year

- Lots more people were encouraged to exercise and pursue a healthy lifestyle

I think that's great, and I'm proud of all of you! Everyone is doing a really good job. Remember if anyone needs me, they can post here or PM. I am still offering my amateur advice to anyone who will listen to an old jar of peanut butter and jelly.

IncGamers Member

Yesterday i've set my new PR in front squat - 170kgs, without belt and ATG of course Still long journey to 200kgs mark lies ahead, but i will be there hopefully next Year...Also, first deadlift competition will be started this Saturday, so pls, cross Your fingers and wish me a luck, i'm hoping for new PR too...

IncGamers Member

Hey all-my wife is currently training to become qualified in pilates and is on a restricted diet for health reasons. Neither of us eat wheat/gluten products of any kind. I've dropped 8 kilo's over 6 months.
    Suggested reading 'Wheat belly' by William Davis.

The diet we are on is similar to the 'primal' diet. We just ordered kettlebells and the wife has got a hula hoop which she shimmys with

Good to be getting healthy again.