Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Act II - Halls of Dead - help please

Quote Originally Posted by djmbbandie View Post
    Everyone stole what I was going to say.

If you are using bow skills, I suggest the cold tree (cold, ice, freezing). Good for crowd control and damage.

Also, talk to Greiz (the guy standing by the trap door to the Sewers) and get yourself an Act II merc. Combat or Defensive is fine ( I never use Offensive). He will help you through the rest of the game if you equip him with a good polearm and some armor.

Sorry guys I haven't been in for a while - was busy doing everything you suggested Got to level 24 now, got through all the quests in Act II up until the very last one - DURIEL. Re the quote above - I had no idea you can arm your mercenary...??? How do you do that? I have been using these guys all the time, often as bait - I know, harsh but it works.

And now to DURIEL - Any idea how to kill that bastard with Amazon? I have some armor and quip that gives me 32 cold resistance, tried gas potions which does 72 damage and the ugly bastard not only killed my mercenary, survived the gas explosions that I though would hurt him at least a bit (didn't do any damage to him by the way) then the son of a b***h killed me before I made it through the portal back to town.

I tried to open a portal first thing when I get to the chamber with him, them when he is busy killing my mercenary I try to throw either the gas potions, or explosive potions or fire arrows at him, but the bastard doesn't feel any of it. Then I try to jump back through the portal before he gets to me, but often, he manages to block me before I make my escape... :( I spend last few hours trying to fight that thing.....

Any ideas? I can't quit this time. I quit this game years ago cause I couldn't kill him with Paladin. I am not quitting now. But I need to destroy him before my addiction to that game becomes a complete embarrassment at my age... lol

Sbd ask earlier which version of D2 I am playing - it is the Classic, I don't have the expansion.

Thank you guys

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Zuz, are you playing Classic, or the expansion? Have you patched up to the current version (1.13D)?
    Classic and yes I have the 1.13D Patch

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Never mind the arming part. If you're in classic the mercenaries can't be armed at all.

What skills are you using right now? What is your current weapon that isn't the throwing potions?

IncGamers Member

Ahh that's a bummer about the mercenaries. Got a bit excited there for a while. Ah well...
    I'm using a crossbow 14-26 damage. It is quite slow but seems effective, well effective to kill everything else but the annoying slug!

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Are you using any arrow skills? (such as magic arrow, cold arrow, fire arrow, Etc).

Maybe try gambling for a better bow?

IncGamers Member

YESSSSSSS, I killed that son of a b...... it was a hard work and took me nearly an hour going back and forth through the town portal getting healing mercenaries etc. But I did it. Yes, using magic and fire arrow for most part. Starting building cold arrow levels only now. it's just a bummer that there isn't much space to move.

I actually went back and killed him second time and it is much easier once you can lure him out into the open.

Anyways. Thanks guys for all your advice. Very helpful