Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bluejays90

Re: Top 10 Fixes That Need To Be Made to Diablo 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dacar92 View Post
    Good joke. At least I hope you're joking.
    I don't think he is, and I agree with him. Any actual fixes you may like will be in expac where you get to pay for them again

Quote Originally Posted by mysticc View Post
    - increase base movement speed to what 24% is now.
    - ability to level up abilities/skills (yeah right)
    - give a reason to group with players (more loot, more mf, more mob density, etc.)
    - add more randomness (but take out stupid randomness)
    - increase mob density in act 1/2. Give us reason to go to act 4
    - fix the broken wizard class
    -The problem isn't the base or maximum movement speed, it's the skill builds and available boosts to movement speed. Players feel like they need speed boosts (or classes with high speed boosts) to do well in farming which makes sense. Speed wise I would say Wizard sucks with only one speed boost that gives 25% movement speed for only 3 seconds when you are hit. Witch Doctor is probably next though with good gear they can do quite well. The rest, DH/Barb/Monk are around the same when it comes to options. Those are probably the best. So yea, problem is with skills not the base movement speed which you only deal with until later difficulties and better gear.

-Upgrading skills/runes/abilities. Simple upgrade the skill affix and allow all skills (not passives) to be rolled. One skill affix on an item gives two skill buffs so the skill affix is useful. Allow skill affixes to stack and roll on rare rings/amulets. Bonuses stack and improve with the more stacks you have (so reduced cost, increased damage, bonus effect). The skill affix system is there, improve it before creating something totally new with their own set of problems.

-Wizard class, not defined as to what the problem is... perhaps the perma freeze build being super cheesy? Critical mass being too OP? Imo Critical Mass should lower the CD to up to half the cool down, if that is too harsh add something to buff it in a different way. Otherwise the armor skills should all give defensive abilities so people won't have issues choosing something that is or isn't defensive.

The other honorable mentions are fine and understandable.

As for the top 10 I'll give my opinion on those later.

Edit: I'll skim through the video later as well.

IncGamers Member

The most insane movement skills simply have their effect reduced. It wont help to give all classes the same movement skills. Sure that would give balance between classes, but not exactly help with opening up more options in terms of specs.
    much better to flat out nerf the overpowered movement skills and maybe increase everyones run speed by some % to compensate for the nerfs - since the goal shouldn't be to make everyone slower, just less dependent on movement skills.

Quote Originally Posted by demasked View Post
    Critical mass being too OP? Imo Critical Mass should lower the CD to up to half the cool down, if that is too harsh add something to buff it in a different way. Otherwise the armor skills should all give defensive abilities so people won't have issues choosing something that is or isn't defensive.
    Reducing up to 50% of the cooldown would still make CM pretty good tbh. Doubt it would need anything to compensate - maybe it could have twice the proc rate or something, so it would be more viable to use CM with more than a few specific attack skills.
    Blizzard seems a bit scared of nerfing for balance unfortunately.

All the armors should have defensive options for sure, but it is also interesting to have armor+rune that goes all out glass cannon-ish.

It is the same for all classes though, still serious need for nerfing and buffing all around.

Quote Originally Posted by demasked View Post
    The skill affix system is there, improve it before creating something totally new with their own set of problems.
    As long as +skills on items are only for attack skills it is crap tbh.
    Not that skill levelling is the solution. Just need much better +skill affix system for items.

Allow freakin Monster Power for public games. They're so boring and easy with other people killing monsters in 1 second.

And not allow legendary items to vary so dramatically in their stats. A runework or unique in D2 was always usable, even if it was a low %. But in this game, you could find a great weapon that could DOUBLE your damage, or freakin cut in half! What the hell..

Also, make parts from the infernal machine drop 100% for the first time you do them. Cause it's not fair to have to go through all that the first time, then comes the part where you have to actually get a good role with a hellfire ring. Which is another ANNOYING thing the developers done. This whole game is about luck...

BattleTag nurman-2854

Hasn't Diablo always been about luck?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoutMapes View Post
    The most insane movement skills simply have their effect reduced. It wont help to give all classes the same movement skills. Sure that would give balance between classes, but not exactly help with opening up more options in terms of specs.
    much better to flat out nerf the overpowered movement skills and maybe increase everyones run speed by some % to compensate for the nerfs - since the goal shouldn't be to make everyone slower, just less dependent on movement skills.
    You want to nerf movement skills? That's why i love Torchlight 2. There are several options to increase movement speed and there is no cap. You can also have Haste up permanently. It's awesome

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    You want to nerf movement skills? That's why i love Torchlight 2. There are several options to increase movement speed and there is no cap. You can also have Haste up permanently. It's awesome
    Yep. I do.
    I wouldn't want to nerf movement speed though. Just the dependency on some movement skills.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

The crit damage situation needs to be fixed ASAP. There are so many legendary weapons relegated to the junk pile all because of no crit or socket. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised they let us start socketing weapons soon just as a quick band-aid fix. I mean, just look at The Grandfather sword. Supposedly one of the most powerful weapons in the history of the series. It can roll up to 500 primary, gets massive life bonus, and oh hey look at that no crit damage! And so it's crap. Makes me sad to see that.

Edit: Well, it can roll with a socket/crit, but that still leaves it at 200 primary stat. :/