Shoot, I deleted the list after we did the show. I'd watch the show to get more info because I probably won't go into much detail with this list.
From memory, we had 6 honorable mentions:
- increase base movement speed to what 24% is now.
- ability to level up abilities/skills (yeah right)
- give a reason to group with players (more loot, more mf, more mob density, etc.)
- add more randomness (but take out stupid randomness)
- increase mob density in act 1/2. Give us reason to go to act 4
- fix the broken wizard class
The Top 10 list
10) give us a pvp system where we define the rules, rewards. Stop wasting 7+ months trying to design the perfect pvp system. let us just pvp and we'll build a system that comes out of it organically. Make use of ptr for pvp.
9) improve drop rates OR stop creating garbage items for garbage sake (i.e. tighten up properties, etc.)
8) cut the length of the journey to paragon 100 by 1/2 or 2/3. Or change how magic find works. And some other things we said.
7) add genuine gold sinks to the game (enchantments, socketing, buffs, etc.). Remove 15% tax bull****.
6) add more game modes - ladders, classic mode, etc.
5) improve itemization - have 15-30 legendaries per item slot that are designed around builds, uses for white items, magic items, more socketables like 20 different gems and random jewels, create healthy ecosystem of gems and depower emeralds.
4) add a crafting system that allows players to create items that don't drop and also incentivizes the destruction of items
3) add bind on equip
2) gives us something to do other than farming
1) blizzard needs to listen, interact and be honest with the community
D3 Trade Moderator America, USEast (D2) Newcomer Moderator
Land of Make Believe
Re: Top 10 Fixes That Need To Be Made to Diablo 3
My top 10 list:
1. More options to get gear you need/want to play the game (as opposed to just lucky drops. Add Runes, missing some res all, get a charm or diamond for shield, missing some armor value, add it by crafting. Not just grinding for 100 hours for more gold to buy the one stat you need on the AH.)
2. Better items. (more varity or as above more options in the items)
3. Better crafting (I think this falls into more options)
4. More and better maps (again more options)
5. Better odds for unlucky folks to to get drops that are useful. (my most recent hardcore walk thru - 2 legendaries, they both sucked so if the game is going to drop legendaries make it more frequent OR more useful. again more options)
6. More options in the area of skill selections. (we know the best ones, make them all useful)
7. More options for white items. (or just an option, why is there even superior white armor in the game? really who uses that)
8. More options for how damage is calculated and added up, not just based on weapon damage, crit and AS. Varity baby.
9. Bigger stash and/or more character slots.
10. More options. Make the AH secondary to the items system, not primary. Design the game so that you can play without it and using the AH to just suppliment where you might have a weakness. As it stands now I geared my SC barb for infernot completely off the AH. That to me seems wrong for basic game play. I should be able to find most of what I need/want in the game.
I did not watch the video so if I repeated anything sorry.
I think there are 40 or 50 things that could be improved with the game, so it's hard to pick the top 10. For example, I'd love to see purple monsters actually have a point in the game, but it's not really that relevant. I'd love more character slots too, but to be honest, I'm not even done maxing out 1 character, let alone 10. I only have all 5 characters to 60, but most are not geared past 100k dps.
So, I tried to focus on things that would have the largest impact on correcting the game for the long-term. The more impact it had, the higher it was on the list.
I think this show goes into a lot of detail, and I think you'll find that we covered a lot of the stuff on your list
Also, our other videos go into a lot of detail about each particular area of the game. We have shows on itemization, economy, leveling, etc.
All good suggestions as usual by Sibcoe/Ken but then again suggestions that have been echoed since beta stage of the game to no avail.
I have to say i DO admire your patience trying to make the game better but i think a better course of action would be to just leave d3 like me and many others have done.
If blizzard would see people are leaving for other games like poe/tl2 and population decreasing by a substantial amount they would HAVE to do something. They just aren't listening now because people are stubborn enough to keep playing this game and hoping "maybe next month the entire item system will be revised" or "maybe next month we get pvp" like it hasn't been 8 months already..
Sometimes you have to resort to more drastical measures or nothing will ever change.
By the way is the wizard cookie cutter build still the facetank freeze build?