Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Weapon Throw Discussion

I've been using a throw-barb since release. She doesn't have super gear or anything but the build is definitely really strong for PvE.

I use Dread Spear to generate enough fury to begin casting. It also serves as a great life saver as it fills the health globe in one hit. And with crits it of course resets the CD so that you can throw it again. It is also good to generate fury when out of combat to get a few extra sprints out for traveling. (Note that dread spear can crit barrels and other stuff as well for extra fury and CD reset)

Also, the thing OP says about Ricochet for WT is not true. It's the best rune period. For PvE you'll need the extra targets. It's generating more life with life steal, and will clear rooms faster. You'll need the AOE aspect of Ricochet. Maybe if you'll combine Mighty Throw with Seismic Slam you can get the AOE part but that requires an extra skill slot and I rather use that fury to spam sprint tbh.

This is my char. Right now I have Ignore pain instead of sprint because I've been running Ubers, but you'll get the idea.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s...4/hero/7114429

IncGamers Member

Re: Weapon Throw Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by snurrfint View Post
    Also, the thing OP says about Ricochet for WT is not true. It's the best rune period. For PvE you'll need the extra targets. It's generating more life with life steal, and will clear rooms faster. You'll need the AOE aspect of Ricochet. Maybe if you'll combine Mighty Throw with Seismic Slam you can get the AOE part but that requires an extra skill slot and I rather use that fury to spam sprint tbh.
    How is it not true? If I must rely on Weapon Throw to generate fury, Ricochet leaves me with a .55*.33= 18% chance to generate 29 fury. 18% is low enough that your chances of throwing for several seconds vs a single target without generating any fury is non-negligible; this I do not like. If you're using Ancient Spear, you have another generator to fall back on and my statement remains true. Admittedly my crit chance could get higher, but this still won't make an enormous change to the reliability of fury generation unless you go far out of your way (build changes, suboptimal gear) to do so.

Also, I see no way to deny that there are better skills for crowd control than a 60% slow vs three targets. 70% chance to stun in a cone AoE, 100% chance to stun in a 10 yard radius on kill, knockback vs almost anything in a cone AoE, and others.

I'm not saying Ricochet isn't nice for Ricochet builds, but it isn't my favorite Weapon Throw rune. A build with 130% weapon damage vs at most three targets as its primary AoE and primary single target skill just doesn't float my boat.