Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

New player looking for advice

Hey everyone, After browsing through the forum for a little while i've noticed that the community for the game seems really cool and helpful. So I'm just about to buy the game and its going the be my first time actually playing and I cant wait , But before I start I was wondering what I should do for my first time playing. Should I go straight to playing online on battle net, or start my first character offline? Also the ladder seems like a really cool feature and I was wondering what makes ladder different from just regular online. Any response would be much appreciated, thanks

Re: New player looking for advice

Welcome.
    IMO you might as well start online. the difference between ladder and NL is ladder has special runewords/items and the Ubertristram bosses that will drop a hellfire torch. As for a first char I would recommend meteorb sorc.

IncGamers Member

As ravenlore said, i think you might aswell start on ladder. On ladder you can get special items, and once the ladder resets, your character is simply converted to a standard multiplayer char (while retaining the unique gear if you have it). And of course, it's competitive

I'm not sure how much you know about the classes and the game itself, but the choice of class is a question of taste and playstyle (not surprisingly). I recommend looking through the various class-forums to find a specific build to follow (it can be reset later if you want) - but remember to find a build that is possible without overpowered gear. Personally i would recommend Nightfish's Fishymancer (Necromancer - http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...er-Version-2-1 ) build, because it allows you to beat every boss on nightmare and most bosses on hell naked (even though that's not recommended ). However, it's a very passive tactic which needs no real involvement from the player since it's based on strong minions. Again, depends on how you like to play I use this build for my alt and when playing casually, since it allows me to play with one hand and a drink in the other, while watching tv

Anyways, welcome and good luck

IncGamers Member

+1 either a summon necro or some Tal set/items based sorc is a good 1st character for anyone new to D2 LOD as they are far less gear dependent than most other classes. Also str8 to Bnet hehe A necro would serve as a great orientation on how curses work and using basic tactics to get by Hell even as said earlier with no/awful gear Later when u try playing melee characters this knowledge of curses would help too!