Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Re: Tournament: Super Unique!

Quote Originally Posted by GooberGrape View Post

Highest score on Hardcore mode: jiansonz

Wow, I had no idea. I thought SunsetVista was on HC and did a S&E to avoid death in the cow level (thus getting 117 points)...

My score should be 89, though (60 superuniques killed in Normal, 13 in Act I, 11 in Act II and 5 in Act III).

Quote Originally Posted by GooberGrape View Post
    Worst drop: felixbavaria (bolts, mana potion)

LOL

What an awful drop! :o

Also, congrats to those who even gave this tournament a try to begin with

It helped motivate me to memorize the SU names, so I got something out of it too

Congrats Cygnus, jiansonz, and uh, felixbavaria too!

Do please keep going and updating the thread!

Also, thanks again for hosting GooberGrape. It was a fun tourney.

@jiansonz - I was SC and Garruk actually did die in NM cows. I did have 118 points though, I was only missing Normal Lister and NM Cow King at that point. I later did 1 S&E to avoid death in Hell City of the Damned, and I did count that as a death.

Thanks GooberGrape for hosting and for the awesome tournament idea! I don't even have a screenshot of that price worthy drop, lol.

Talking about prize-worthy drops, I'm surprised my losing the Grand Vizier's drop to the lava did not even get a mention

Bishibosh, Blood Raven, Bonebreaker, Cold Crow, Rakanishu, Treehead and Griswold: your deeds of valor will be remembered.

In Cold Plains came the first LI monsters in Hell: spearwomen. Dispatched easily.

Blood Raven's areas is full of LI skellies and zombies, so I went in with a plan. Do the usual circle, killing of the smaller monster groups. Pull whatever monsters I can from Blood Raven's sides, pick them off, then rush in and Lightning Strike away. Enough lightning should hit her, even if it doesn't hurt the other monsters. Plan, meet reality. Not enough bolts hit her and she was summoning new undeads with a vengeance. Plan B: cool off a bit, pick off a few more monsters, then rush her, using decoy and valk recasts to keep the underlings busy. Took a lot of chasing, but it worked.

The crypt was even worse. 100% undeads in a closed area. No stair trap, and I could find bottlenecks to handle boss packs, so it was a safe clear. Watched paint dry while my underlings picked away at the monsters. Ok, I actually kept myself busy throwing level 3 poison javelins at whichever monster my valkyrie was focusing on, to prevent monster life regen (the merc has open wounds) and using the decoy to take the heat off the merc (valk can really tank)

I stopped doing full clears at this stage. I only have 2 personalization quests remaining and I already have some personalization candidates, so I really can't use loot from non-SUs. The LI levels really add to playing time and are simply un-fun (fairly safe once you clear some space, so it was really a question of time and patience) I did not even enter the mausoleum. I also do not plan on entering some of the optional level (hole, pit), especially their level 2 areas, where I just don't have the confidence yet. But a lot of other areas, I'm still doing full clears. And I am planning on getting all 180 SUs. They have my loot, after all.

The Cave too was full of LIs! Except for the Fallen areas. Cold Crow's pack took a long time to kill and I had to decoy-block archers from retreating.

The surface areas (including the Cain rescue level) were easy. But I forgot to collect Wirt's leg, which means I need to go there again.

SU finds
    * Unsocketed Mage Plate. To be sockets. Hoping for 3 sockets, for which there is a 50% chance.
    * Akara's ring: 10% Fast case, 22 mana, 28% lightning resist. Except that I don't need more lightning resist ...

Other Finds (unusable unless I personalize it):
    * Harlequin Crest Shako. My first Elite Unique after my restart! +2 skills, 112 life and mana, 10% damage reduction, 50% MF, what's not to love? I'd like wear this and give my Natalya's totem to the merc (who's suffereing for resistance) But I don't have enough fire resistance to remove my current helm yet.

Diana, LS/PS/Valkyrie Amazon. Black Marsh and the Countess next.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    * Unsocketed Mage Plate. To be sockets. Hoping for 3 sockets, for which there is a 50% chance.
    It's 2/3 chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    It's 2/3 chance.
    From Arreat Summit:

1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
    The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. The chance to get X sockets in most armor is 1/4 (I.E: Mage plate has a max of 3 sockets, so it has a 2/4 [1/2] chance to get 3 sockets). The base of 6 was used in the ratios for all the above mentioned areas.

Wrong? BTW, I don't understand the last sentence at all. Base of 6 really should apply only to weapons as only (some) weapons can spawn with 6 sockets.

Not that I will mind a greater chance for getting 3 sockets in this case

It worked out!

Treachery
    Mage Plate
    ShaelThulLem
    Defense: 232
    Durability: 60 of 60
    Required Level: 43
    Required Strength: 55
    Fingerprint: 0xabd2a027
    Item Level: 87
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
    25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
    +2 to Assassin Skill Levels
    +45% Increased Attack Speed
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    Cold Resist +30%
    50% Extra Gold from Monsters

That should help Vikhyat's survival. Now, if only I can get him a good hurt stick ...

All armors use a base of 4 since that is the max any armor can get, your 2/4 chance to get 3 sockets is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    All armors use a base of 4 since that is the max any armor can get, your 2/4 chance to get 3 sockets is correct.
    It's a 1d6 roll. Mage Plate has a max of 3 sockets. Therefore:

So on a roll of 1 = you get 1 socket.
    Roll 2 = get 2 sockets.
    Roll 3, 4, 5, or 6 = get 3 sockets.

Jiansonz was correct. 4/6 chance of getting 3 sockets. Grats on a nice runeword!