Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Re: Tournament: Super Unique!

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Sewers was a /p1. I really hate the place.
    It's my favourite area in the whole game!

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    It's my favourite area in the whole game!
    I remember reading you love the false tombs too. That's probably my second most-hated area in the game It's the damn unravellers and their endless resurrections. It's especially bad since I love playing amazons and they don't have a corpse disposal system. Unless you put 1 point in freezing arrow, I guess, but you can't safely use that without taking a hit to your resists.

Fallen Shamen are much better because (a) they usually spawn in open areas where their minions can be led away more easily and (b) they only revive their minions, not every freakin' undead that's around.

I love the Kurast jungles, which just about everyone else seems to hate.

Thanks all for the kind words, and GLHF.

It's ironic given the deeds but the Kurast Temples are actually my favourite part of the game. It's one of the few areas that offer challenging, fast paced combat.

I love the Kurast jungles too! Sewers are actually OK if you explore the map in circles, starting with the rim of the map. I hate the Tombs when Unravellers spawn next to Mummy Sarcophagi ... ugh.

The jungles should be burnt down, and the swamps filled in for the good of humanity.

Also...I think I win the tournament. I killed a SU and only potions dropped. Anyone else had this happen yet?

Anyways, things have been going pretty well for Ramur. Being a bear he doesn't get into situations where his health drops to a point where I'm scared, and with shockwave hitting 4 seconds...things are looking up even if he doesn't do too much damage on /p8.

I got this bow from Meph. I was just impressed on how useless of a rare it is: http://i.imgur.com/SjsTAqh.jpg

Another useless SU drop, this time from the Council. Though at least this can be useful for boss fights to bolster my resistances: http://i.imgur.com/ZP3TzIK.jpg

I'm currently making some LLDs, and so my heart broke when this jewel dropped. It's useless for Ramur as well as I'm going to socket any weapons with shaels, and any armor with topazes or diamonds...it's just not fair. http://i.imgur.com/XYkPsKZ.jpg

This is the first time I've done full clear/single pass, and these stained (with blood?) glass windows were a surprise. Dunno why they're evil though...http://i.imgur.com/Ur7ZZcq.jpg

Pretty much every boss fight so far has been copasetic...the only one that I needed to use any "strategy" was with Diablo. And my strategy consisted of making sure he attacked my bear instead of me. My merc died instantly to the lightning hose as expected, and I decided to let him stay dead. My HotW is at level 14 currently (I'm going to use a might merc, so I need some AR from somewhere) which meant the loss of blessed aim wasn't bad at all. Plus, there was a lightning shrine in CS! Helped out my poor resistances. http://i.imgur.com/5tRWqdk.jpg

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this ring from Ormus became an endgame ring; that 28% fire res is pretty sweet, not to mention the +strength. http://i.imgur.com/Hx6uMOv.jpg

All in all, a very fun run through act 4 so far using a Mauler which is a build I've never actually tried before, but is turning out to be much more fun that I thought it would be. I'm currently playing a support role to my merc though, his dps far outranks mine.

Code:
    Forum Name      Hero Name      Class        HC/SC    Last Waypoint       Score
     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     GooberGrape     Strawberry     Amazon       SC       Kurast Docks           25
     srrw            Eve            Sorceress    HC       Rogue Encampment        5
     djmbbandie      Electro        Paladin      SC       Dark Wood               8
     SunsetVista     *Garruk        Druid        SC       Patriarch             180
     nepeta          Snuitje        Sorceress    SC       Rogue Encampment        0
     kstuart         Buffy          Paladin      SC       Harrogath              42
     the_bogan       Sarra          Sorceress    HC       Cold Plains             4
     Cygnus          Diana          Amazon       SC       Rogue Encampment (NM)  60
     Sint            BeenAway       Sorceress    SC       Docks                  24
     jiansonz        Ulric          Necromancer  HC       Black Marsh (NM)       ??
     Belual          Horker         Barbarian    SC       Rogue Encampment (NM)  60
     Jarik           Grok           Barbarian    SC       Pandemonium Fortress   36
     Moar            Gunnar         Druid        ??       Lut Gholein(NM)        ??
     Jocular         Ramur          Druid        HC       Harrogath              43

Fallen Heroes (RIP)                                  Last Seen...
     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      felixbavaria    Ulf            Necromancer  HC       Ruined Temple (NM)           87  
     Morathi         Layla          Assassin     HC       Lut Gholein            13
     felixbavaria    Araya          Assassin     HC       Catacombs 4            12
     SunsetVista     Garruk         Druid        SC       NM Cows               118
     Morathi         Arthur         Paladin      HC       Chaos Sanctuary        38
     Dezrok          Speedy         Paladin      HC       WSK                    58

Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    Also...I think I win the tournament. I killed a SU and only potions dropped. Anyone else had this happen yet?
    IIRC, the Council Member SUs and the Baal Wave SUs drop like champions (mostly potions and/or gold).

I had the right wing Council Member (lol) drop a pack of bolts and a mana potion.

Diablo is dead. He dropped this:

Stone Lance
    Maiden Javelin
    Throw Damage: 9 - 36
    One Hand Damage: 13 - 23
    Quantity: 80
    Required Level: 39
    Required Strength: 33
    Required Dexterity: 47
    Fingerprint: 0x4b477e44
    Item Level: 62
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    +10% Increased Attack Speed
    66% Enhanced Damage
    +111 to Attack Rating
    Adds 7 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
    7% Mana stolen per hit
    Lightning Resist +6%

I doubt I'll do better than that through imbues. The Grand Vizier's drops were lost to the lava. D'uh! A lot of gems were cubed up to roll my charms. Got junk.

Met the first lightning immunes: the Damned in their eponymous city. No nasty boss packs, which meant an easy clear. I don't expect act 5 to be this easy. Wonder who the guests will be. On to Harrogath!

That's a pretty sweet javelin Cygnus. You a LF/Poison Ama?

With only a few SUs left in norm, I'm wondering if I get all the way to Baal without finding a single charm, or belt. It's a good thing I imbued a belt back in act 2 rather than waiting and hoping. It's really frustrating though. All I want it a belt. A nice belt that I can craft, or really anything at all because my imbued one has nothing of worth other than +5 life.

I found a magic military axe off of Pindle, and (double durability means failed set, yes?) it was a failed set piece. I've found several failed sets or uniques so far, but it's still annoying when it happens. I thought I might try my hand at crafting it, to see what I might get.

It, of course, didn't have very good rolls/mods on it at all: http://i.imgur.com/8mQuxtW.jpg

6% from the lowest ED% possible, low life steal roll as well, and thank goodness I got repair durability...I really should've just done the 3 chippie recipe and socketed it with iths...would've done more damage no matter what. However at the time of crafting it I didn't think I would have such bad luck with this axe.

Oh well, at least with all my ED% from skills I hit 262 max damage with it, which is alright at /p8. My merc does the majority of the killing still. Hopefully I'll find something nice from Baal, or else it'll be a long Act 1 NM.

Quote Originally Posted by felixbavaria View Post
    IIRC, the Council Member SUs and the Baal Wave SUs drop like champions (mostly potions and/or gold).

I had the right wing Council Member (lol) drop a pack of bolts and a mana potion.
    I bet you made sure to stash those bolts away for later. God, imagine if you could only use the potions found from champions, uniques, and super uniques...I guess if you were a ranged character it could be doable.

edit:

http://i.imgur.com/LGjnGcf.jpg
    Oh hello Snapchip Shatter, is that for me? How nice, though my gloves already have 14%mf, I'm always happy for an upgrade.

http://i.imgur.com/bq1kdcB.jpg
    My anger at these SU monsters, and they are disgusting monsters, has increased to where my mission has slipped from vengeance to the treacherous road of revenge.

Also, a pretty cool charm I found. I haven't bothered id'ing any of them since Act 1, as I found it just made me annoyed I couldn't use any of them anyway. However, for no particular reason I picked up this small charm. Pretty sweet poison damage, and only 7 seconds. Possibly viable for a level 18 bowazon to have a bunch of these instead of maxers?
    http://i.imgur.com/R3VE1Ki.jpg
    Last edited by Jocular; 13-02-2013 at 05:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    That's a pretty sweet javelin Cygnus. You a LF/Poison Ama?
    Lightning Strike / Power Strike / Valkyrie. I have done amazons before that have used the more commonly used skills ... LF / CS / PJ / FA / Immo arrow.

Switch to the eth Chancies just for the SU fights / boss kills. Should last you a long time with 9/9 durability.

That's what I was planning to do, just it would've been nice to find a non-eth one. Especially since there are 2 free items each difficulty (personalize/socket) and like everyone else, I'd like to have as much mf as possible at all times

edit: Killed Baal: http://i.imgur.com/0FombaL.jpg

All useless items (even the jewel), and I'm impressed I found the only piece of IK I can't equip. (Though I gave my merc the full helm, he was previously wearing a skull cap with +15ar/1light radius)

Insult to injury-the IK helm is -1% perfect mf, and -2 perfect defense.
    http://i.imgur.com/ggMio9y.jpg

I'm thinking I may have to get an act 5 Barb merc for a bit to make the items I've found useful...the mf% potential for IK helm is looking pretty nice. I'm also wondering if I should just respec into a summoner dru with a barbarian merc, and shockwave/fire claws. Could be fun, and definitely unique...not to mention I've had to rely on my merc/grizzly for my main source of damage for the past 3 acts.
    Last edited by Jocular; 13-02-2013 at 22:24.

A reminder that the Super Unique tournament ends March 1, 2013. Two more weeks to get your stuff back!