Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 87
  1. #71
    IncGamers Member nurman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland (+2.GMT)
    BattleTag nurman-2854
    Posts
    4,868

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    Quote Originally Posted by Vooodu View Post
    Im just stating the obivious.

    I personally don't think blizzard actually improved anything. They haven't even finished making the game they promised yet....LMAO.


    And really what improvements?
    I'm getting horrid flashbacks of the P&T Creationism episode...

  2. #72
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970
    Posts
    411

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    So... back to the hellfire ring topic...

    I've made two. They're both mediocre, but they both have 35% bonus xp, so I spend less of my life grinding to p100. The time I spent farming for keys and fighting ubers was a welcome break from the usual alkaizer run for gear and xp. It was a fun addition.

    Off topic:
    If I had time to farm and make 50 hellfire rings, I would also be bored and looking for something to complain about to make life less boring. In the mean time, I've proposed to my girlfriend, gotten engaged, lived my life and am in the process of building a house.

    For all of you on here that want to complain endlessly about how no one does anything to make your game better. Look at your life, re-evaluate it, and move forward. If D3 isn't the game you expected, why are you still wasting your time with it? If you couldn't play sports in high school, did you go and complain to your parents about your poor genes? You probably found something else to do. So please, find something else to do.

    I imagine your probably going to ignore my post, or call me a troll, but I had to say it anyway.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #73
    IncGamers Member Chaosmage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981
    Posts
    707

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    D3 also has break points, particularly for attack speed. Those are even critical for the standard builds, wind Barbs and Wizards.

    You also could not truly maximize resists since as Sass mentioned, there were many sources of resist reduction and there wasn't enough gear in the game to counter them all at the same time. And... this is what people do with D3 defensive stats. They get just enough res, armor, and vit to not be one shotted (or if particularly insightful, to not get Reflect Damaged to death) and then it's right back to herp derp max DPS.

    This is really making me want to go ahead and write that mega post I've been thinking about for a while (which in part concerns how to make more than a tiny handful of stats useful) but can't be bothered to spend an entire day typing, I have some fools to Riposte.

    That's interesting I always was under the impression that with diablo3 the granularity with which the game calculates the effects is greater/the same as the one occurring in the stat. Ie every point of ias matters.

    Can you link me to a source where this mechanic is evaluated please?

  4. #74
    IncGamers Member Dogbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,289

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    Quote Originally Posted by Vooodu View Post
    Anyone who played during D2s prime would know what im talking about. You obviously DIDN'T because you seem to be confused about it. Which was about 6 months before expansion pack to about a year after the expanison pack.


    In d2s prime... Every chat channel for each class was packed, every duel game packed, every cow run game packed, every trade game packed, every EXP run packed..and best of all NO BOTS!!

    Sadly, D3s prime would be its release day.. Because after day one, reality set it and everything has gone down hill from there. Even i kept my fingers crossed but its just getting worse. Maybe ina few years it might be fun but the game has already suffered to much

    Path of EXILE!!! A fresh slate for a fresh face.
    It seems everyone is against you but I know exacly what you mean. I was rocking duel games with my conviction/foh paladin It was even hard to get a spot in those exp runs because it was so much people queing. It's almost hard to remember the times before the bots..

    I'm a real veteran who played diablo 2 since release day 1.00 up to patch 1.10 when i finally quit. The first charachter i made was a necromancer in 1.00 because the guy who was at the top of the ladder was a necromancer called metalman if i remember right. He might have been the first person to reach lvl 99 in diablo 2. Does anyone remember?

    Anyway his build became popular because he made a guide for it rather fast (and the fact that he was leading the ladder race helped too)
    It involved a bloodgolem and the iron maiden curse keeping you invincible while you waited for that first corpse to start a chain reaction with corpse explosion. This was later patched by blizzard because it was considered overpowered i guess but i don't think it was.

    I would say that is the #1 prime time in d2 for me. This was in 1.01 or 1.02 i think. 1.00 was never available for battle.net play as i recall.
    But d2 had many prime times for me. Paladins with conversion/thorns in d2 classic. Amazons with buriza and multishot/guided dominating bloody foothills. Cow level carnage with nova sorcs. I would almost go as far as saying it was not until cow level got nerfed and synergies introduces d2 lost it's prime time.

    If you'd really like to be pedantic about it you can point out all D2 melee did stack spam crit. It was called deadly strike. Granted, melee were not relevant, but if they were you'd see a lot more 100% or you're doing it wrong style posts.
    Nah deadly strike was just something that was found on some items. What melee charachters really stacked were those 3/20/20 small charms. Casters on the other hand stacked +skillers, the big charms.
    Last edited by Dogbert; 30-12-2012 at 19:26.

  5. #75
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    My int hellfire kills that 60 ring. It has 5 CC, 47 CD, 8 attack speed, 144 life per second, 175 intel.
    Most people tell me its the best Hellfire they have ever seen.

  6. #76
    IncGamers Member Dogbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,289

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    Quote Originally Posted by chadkan View Post
    My int hellfire kills that 60 ring. It has 5 CC, 47 CD, 8 attack speed, 144 life per second, 175 intel.
    Most people tell me its the best Hellfire they have ever seen.
    That is a very nice hellfire ring. Kinda like the one someone linked in the hellfire screenshot thread here.

    Screenshot021.jpg

  7. #77
    IncGamers Member Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chucktown
    BattleTag Sass-1761
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    So was D2's prime where we had instakill Zons and billion stat sorcs? That definitely seems like the highlight of balance that D3 should strive for...

    This game is nothing but a game for idiots with credit cards that use the Diablo name to hype it all up...Because even an idiot can understand all you need is crit.
    You also need damage, IAS, stat, average damage, res & armor, vit... There are even builds that focus on never critting and just go by mass stat and min damage. Play a WD before jumping a band wagon. Play a DH before saying IAS is needed. Play a barb before saying crit gear is the only priority. To be fair, Wiz and Monk benefit quite a bit from the trifecta damage. :P


    That's interesting I always was under the impression that with diablo3 the granularity with which the game calculates the effects is greater/the same as the one occurring in the stat. Ie every point of ias matters.

    Can you link me to a source where this mechanic is evaluated please?
    Yes actually. Cm Wizards and Whirl barbs have skills that recycle their resource constantly. They have a small pool to work with that works in integers. They hit very certain IAS values before they see an integer increase in their pool. He even made it easy for you by telling you the class it applies to. The very first thing in there is how IAS BPs work.

  8. #78
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,820

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Nah deadly strike was just something that was found on some items. What melee charachters really stacked were those 3/20/20 small charms. Casters on the other hand stacked +skillers, the big charms.
    They did both. Without deadly strike you do half damage, and your damage wasn't very good to begin with. The max damage was to compensate for low base damage, especially for bow users, who are horrid once they made enemies have more than about 100 HP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vooodu View Post
    Ya ... NO **** SHERLOCK.

    I made that point a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. Except deping on what kind of caster you where you would stack different + skill items which applied to that skill. Its not STACK CRIT for every shoe that fits.



    Now, im gonna have to block you and ingore you. Alls you do is make no sense, then repeat what i say and they try to insult me while going full circle.. Which blows my mind and annoys me at the same time. Feel free to keep making no sense, i wont care.
    Yes, we've been over the minority that is + to specific skills. We've shown you are wrong, again about this. So by all means, go hide your head in the sand while pounding out more rage typos. The rest of us will see the games as they actually are.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post


    Yes, we've been over the minority that is + to specific skills. We've shown you are wrong, again about this. So by all means, go hide your head in the sand while pounding out more rage typos. The rest of us will see the games as they actually are.

    ...lol?



    D3 items suck...You even straight up acknowledge it. And then back peddle and try to insult me. As if me typing on my little cell phone and causing a few typos matters?

    The point remains. D3 has piss poor itemization. Trolling deleted. Knock it off. - Noodle

    Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    So was D2's prime where we had instakill Zons and billion stat sorcs? That definitely seems like the highlight of .

    Sorry, i was to busy in D2 owning zons and sorcs with my Necro to care what anyone thought.


    As a matter of fact because there where so many different, useful items and builds it was easy to take any meta game/cookie cutter builds and molest them at will.


    Also, please don't try to make some point as if D3 itemaztion isn't all the same. You don't wanna end up like Scuba Stever over there, drowning in his own truth of lies..
    Last edited by Noodle; 01-01-2013 at 02:41.

  10. #80
    D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal
    Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Noodle Compound
    Posts
    7,981

    Re: Here's why Hellfire rings suck...and how to fix them

    Quote Originally Posted by Vooodu View Post
    . This is a PROVEN FACT fan boy.
    You need to tone it down. Dislike the game all you want, but don't insult others here. Thanks.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •