Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye to 2012

Re: Bye to 2012

2012 for me has been a year of change.

Some good, some bad, but overall life is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    No, it wasn't the best year ever.
    *** hugs ***

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

I don't know what the best year ever was, it would take a lot of research, more than I would care to do, so I will try and simplify things

Big Trouble in Little China came out in 1986, but Evil Dead 2 came out in '87, so it seems like a toss up, but then Aliens was '86, Bad Taste was '87, man this is hard any way you look at it

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I actually agree with Ash ^^^

*mind runaway nuclear fission blown*

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Not exactly; that sounds like one of the ultra-schmaltzy things that I find really irritating. Santa in biker gear, with a babe on his arm, chugging beer, skiing with whatever product under his arm... I'm not one to pound on the Christian correlation with St. Nicholas since the history is so misrepresented, but I don't see that much different from showing the Pope or baby Jesus doing the same.

Not blasphemy, just stupidity and poor taste.
    i dunno. To me, trashing santa seems far less disrespectful than trashing jesus. People who put up jesus decorations / nativity scenes and all that are just celebrating their faith. I might not agree with them, but that makes sense. Santa on the other hand is the symbol of what? Consumerism? Presents? Maybe the spirit of giving, but I think that's a stretch. I suppose if you value the things santa stands for you might get offended, but it seems to me that the devout should NOT like santa. I think santa is tacky more often than not, but I'd think they'd feel even stronger about it.

and since I'm slow. I agree with you, this year was pretty rough. Not as bad as 2011, but certainly not one of my best. Here's to hoping 2013 is a new beginning. I'd make a resolutions thread, but if you thought our debates were long, imagine all the stuff I want to work on. I'd crash the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I think santa is tacky more often than not, but I'd think they'd feel even stronger about it.
    Like I said, it's not like I consider Santa an actual holy symbol or anything, but I dislike tackiness for tackiness' sake. Probably why I hate those songs, come to think of it...

The only song worse than jingle bells is the cars for kids commercial on WLS.

1-877 CARS-4-KIDS

I need a device that upon hearing that commercial, automatically goes to the next preset.

Eh, 2012 wasn't that awesome. Curiosity and Republican tears aside, '98 was a pretty good year for me. First real band, first good bass guitar, first time falling in love, helped my dad start a business, and liked school for the first time since 3rd grade. 2012 was kinda the inverse of all that, if such a thing is possible.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

I think I had the best time of my life in '73-75.

Whatever, the article referred to the whole world, not just about us spoiled wimps with our ridiculous problems.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

So, we're all still here (presumably) but I guess there's a matter of time zones to consider. The link has a great infographic, but it doesn't seem like I can embed it; it claims 12 hours 32 minutes till apocalypse time.

The world is dead. Long live the world.

So how's everybody feeling now that we're living in the Post-Apocalypse era?