Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Bow Amazons options

Good strafe/multi zons are very expensive to make. FA does better with budget gear I'll admit ( eg M'avina set )
    That said, strafe multi zons when properly kitted are quite powerful and pack a punch.

Here's a video I made ( players 7 bowa pit run )

Looks nice, Faith, might merc with Pride, assume Fortitude. Would love to make myself a bowazon again, missing the pre 1.10 days. Have to start saving

Thanks for the info guys.

That Ice Runewords looks very beautiful. I suppose this is what a Frost Amazon should use?

IncGamers Member

'Ice' is okay for a frostzon but it's not something I would be in a hurry to make. You need a lot of other expensive gear to make 'Ice' truly worth it. 'Faith' on the other hand is a swiss army knife- it can be used for almost any build, including frost arrows.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dacar92 View Post
    You don't need great gear to make a strafe zon. It helps of course. But I have finished many bowazons using strafe. Some with Frozen Arrow and some using other skills. But Strafe/Frozen is my favorite bow build. It's not as fast as a LF zon but a bit more strategy is involved.
    Why don't you use Magic Arrow instead of Freezing Arrow? I mean, with +10 skill, you can get 30% magic damage, which works on ALL immunes. Freezing Arrow does measly 300 cold dmg, which is nothing in hell. Also, freeze effect is heavily penalized in Hell mode.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    Why don't you use Magic Arrow instead of Freezing Arrow? I mean, with +10 skill, you can get 30% magic damage, which works on ALL immunes. Freezing Arrow does measly 300 cold dmg, which is nothing in hell. Also, freeze effect is heavily penalized in Hell mode.
    Not entirely true. FA does splash damage, not just the damage the physical arrow does. Plus it's about the freeze. Damage at higher levels can be considerable. I'll find the calcs for you.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Quote Originally Posted by zir View Post
    go with physical/strafe
    Care to elaborate a bot more? Why go with physical/strafe?

Or are you trying to build up a post count since you just joined?
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

IncGamers Member

FA is useless unless you actually build an FA Zon, in which case, you will not be quite as powerful in the physical dept as a physical zon with Magic Arrow. It's what I use. I run the Pit primarily, but I also take on some of the more difficult areas depending on what spawns there are. She is by far the safest character in the game.

I do not use Faith, I mean, it's good, but Pride with a Might Merc and Windforce already kills everything and your magic arrow is super wonderful at taking down the odd boss. Most of the physical immune monsters in the game are super wimpy ghosts, with almost no HP, so killing them with Magic Arrow is super fast.

IncGamers Member

I've never actually used magic arrow. But you can easily get 2k frozen arrows without significant reduction in physical damage output.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    I've never actually used magic arrow. But you can easily get 2k frozen arrows without significant reduction in physical damage output.
    I used maxed MA to beat Normal, using 5-10 damage Zephyr bow. I recommend going 20 MA, 20 Strafe. It is the most flexible build, IMO. The problem with FA is that you will be mostly using Strafe. Thus, you need only something for those rare situations where something is immune to physical. With Act II merc and maxed Valkyrie, you don't need additional defense which freezing from FA provides.

With FA, you might encounter PI AND CI monster, which will be almost impossible to take down with just one point in MA.

Another advantage of MA is that it doesn't require mana and arrows, making it very economical to use.

My bowazon costs around 150 fg on d2jsp, about 10 high runes.
    Last edited by Quingu; 29-12-2012 at 22:51.