Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bow Amazons options

Hey guys,

Can someone please tell me what options do you have building a bow amazon? I've seen most players are using a strafe one.

Thank you.

Re: Bow Amazons options

If u want a powerfull char using strafe its going to cost u a lot. There some guides on this forum about them already (Witchwild String is pretty cheap):
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ul-Information

Freezing arrow works fine also but u will have to pump up the + skills to 10 or so to get it working properly in Hell. I love Wizendraw bow with it. It only consumes a lot of mana so big manaleech/insight merc required.

Fire is though, many immunes not much resists.

Oh and get your merc some Crushing blow, act bosses aint very fast with Bow

Okay, so basically we have 3 options?

1. Strafe
    2. Cold
    3. Fire

Thank you!

IncGamers Member

I would call it

1. Physical
    2. Cold
    3. Fire

Physical is not just strafe, there's also multishot and guided, and ( though few ppl use it ) magic arrows.
    I would also add that a lot of the cold/fire bowas use physical ( strafe, usually ) as backup.

Isn't a strafe amazon using a multi shot anyway?

Think strafe is used vs the more tight packs, Multi vs loose once so yes for physical dmg there used both in same build.
    Can only recommend Cold in Hell though, Strafe/Multi just pale in comparison to a few Lightning fury javalin Throws.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by royalairfarce View Post
    Can only recommend Cold in Hell though, Strafe/Multi just pale in comparison to a few Lightning fury javalin Throws.
    What makes you think cold also doesn't 'pale in comparison to a few Lightning fury javalin Throws' ? It's besides the point, we're making a bowa here, not LF.
    Strafe/multi is certainly not worse than cold with the right equipment. In fact it could be said to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    What makes you think cold also doesn't 'pale in comparison to a few Lightning fury javalin Throws' ? It's besides the point, we're making a bowa here, not LF.
    Strafe/multi is certainly not worse than cold with the right equipment. In fact it could be said to be better.
    Made already in 3-4 ladders a Freezing Arrow/Lightning Fury ama's, ofc cold also "pales in comparison to lightning Fury" but it's a nice addition vs Lightning immunes.
    Lets say the Strafe/Multi experiences I had were rather mediocre to bad compared to a lvl 30 Freezing Arrow. If only Strafe would unload all its arrows on the closest mob. Would love to give it another try but not without some truely great gear.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag xxBaD3Rxx

This just the thing. It helped me a lot
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...-Your-Bow-v1-2

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Quote Originally Posted by royalairfarce View Post
    Made already in 3-4 ladders a Freezing Arrow/Lightning Fury ama's, ofc cold also "pales in comparison to lightning Fury" but it's a nice addition vs Lightning immunes.
    Lets say the Strafe/Multi experiences I had were rather mediocre to bad compared to a lvl 30 Freezing Arrow. If only Strafe would unload all its arrows on the closest mob. Would love to give it another try but not without some truely great gear.
    You don't need great gear to make a strafe zon. It helps of course. But I have finished many bowazons using strafe. Some with Frozen Arrow and some using other skills. But Strafe/Frozen is my favorite bow build. It's not as fast as a LF zon but a bit more strategy is involved.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!