Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10M builds

BattleTag Sass-1761

Re: 10M builds

Monks have a tough time teleporting onto people, I know. 3 skills can do it, and 1 that can chase down the fastest DH and WD. Woe are we.

IncGamers Member

Well it is not so much that I don't want sweeping wind as in that I want something different (yet equally good). All guides I read are basically "flavours" to sweeping wind builds. Who use SW as main spirit user and the rest is supportive to that.

IncGamers Member

With the tempest rush build you can at least try alternative runes for SW... But don't think you can find any build totally without SW with similar efficacy.

IncGamers Member

I do not have SW as main spirit spender. Tempest rush is my main spirit spender :P

IncGamers Member

leeching wont mean jack in PVP - because in PVP your enemies wont have 2 million HP and 0 mitigation (like PVE) -

they have 40-100k hp and 2/3 to ~11/12 mitigation (or even more with dodge / shieldblocks + active skills)

lets see how happy you will be with your leeching when your 2 million real dps Monk suddenly deals only 200k real dps (or even less if blizzard introduces a PVP rule buff) and thus only leeches 1200 HP/S instead of 12000 HP/S

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGiant View Post
    leeching wont mean jack in PVP - because in PVP your enemies wont have 2 million HP and 0 mitigation (like PVE) -

they have 40-100k hp and 2/3 to ~11/12 mitigation (or even more with dodge / shieldblocks + active skills)

lets see how happy you will be with your leeching when your 2 million real dps Monk suddenly deals only 200k real dps (or even less if blizzard introduces a PVP rule buff) and thus only leeches 1200 HP/S instead of 12000 HP/S
    Why do you talk about something about which there is no indication IF it will be implemented EVER.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pulli View Post
    Why do you talk about something about which there is no indication IF it will be implemented EVER.
    lifeleech heals you according to much dmg you deal. what more is there to know ?

it is also known that pretty much everyone who played this game for 3 digit number has atleast like 450 all res and 3k armor or an equivalent amount to that ? do you really think that you'll receive heals for dmg you dont deal ?

BattleTag Sass-1761

LMAO. It's not like I claimed the Monk will be a leech tank. Besides, the monsters having a ridiculous ton of health is the exact same as a player with that much EHP. If it takes 500K damage to take down a 40K player, it's like you killed a 500K hp monster. *DISCLAIMER* Life Replenishment benefits EHP more*/DISCLAIMER*

That said, my point I was making was that Sweeping Wind is a huge chunk of your damage. Your "200K real DPS" is ~100K without it. Like I said, we have 4 skills available to ensure we can keep a constant stack of sweeping wind. The idea that the opponent must remain stationary forever is invalid. In reality, Thunderclap will always keep you on the opponent, even if they run. A WD could get away since he's invisible, but Dashing Strike will tele at a greater distance. Seven Sides Strike even has a teleport rune (as well as a wide radius on its own) that deals vastly more damage than Dashing. [b]Tempest Rush[/u] maintains a high run while refreshing SW with every hit. You can run down kiters and keep them in DPS. Exact methods will have to be fleshed out in detail when classes collide, but we have more than enough to keep up with people are are by no means a mere sitting duck, even for sweeping wind. Oh, and its radius can be increased :P

IncGamers Member

Life leech vs EHP isn't what you think. If you have over 2mil EHP that means when something hits you, a lot of the time the hit does no damage because it's a shield block or a dodge. That's no life leach. The other times the damage get's cut by 65% by armor and 65% by resistances, cutting down the life leech per hit the attacker can get. LOH would be the same.

Sweeping Wind is tied with Wave of Light as the highest spirit cost skill with no rune to reduce the cost. Casting it vs another player pays half a full spirit bar up front and will only build up to full power/deal damage if you can stay in melee rage, which the other player will do everything to prevent. The nightmare scenario for a PVP monk is just never getting to deal melee damage and regain spirit. SW seems like a win more when you're winning/lose more when you're losing type of skill to me. It's the best PVE skill ever, though.

BattleTag Sass-1761

Again, it's a no brainer they'll try to get away. It's moot since they have no way of escaping a Monk.