Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10M builds

IncGamers Member

10M builds

Hey what builds are possible for 10m???

Apart from the utterly annoying sweeping wind variants - I want to make a build without sw.

IncGamers Member

Re: 10M builds

Search for invisuk monk from uk he is streaming on twitch

IncGamers Member

If I wanted to start a budget monk, I would go for the dedicated 2h Tempest Rush build. The goal with this is to farm with a continuous Tempest Rush and Sweeping Wind on, killing mobs at a low MP by just flying through them. Hitting with Tempest Rush refreshes Sweeping Wind the same as an auto attack, so there is no need to slow down to left click on anything but an elite pack.

This build is "budget" because it best uses a 2her. Tempest Rush actually "casts" slower with a slower attack speed. Not only does this drain less spirit and keep the rush going longer, it makes otherwise unusable 2hers good for the build. There's no need to use anything else with increaed attack speed, either. Ignoring attack speed on rare gloves and jewelry will get more meaningful mods for the slots on a budget. It also makes some expensive legendaries (Mempo, Inna's pants, Lacunis, Witching Hour) easy to avoid.

The build would use any auto attack on left click and Tempest Rush on right click. The hotkeys are Breath of Heaven, Blinding Flash, Sweeping Wind, and Mantra of Conviction. Consider Crippling Wave with the Rising Tide rune to assure you get full spirit instantly when stopping for an elite pack. The Master Of Wind rune on Sweeping Wind can keep the skill going longer while running between enemies. Cyclones are not as effective with extremely low attack speed.

For passives, use Fleet Footed and at least one passive for spirit regen. Keep in mind the Guardian's Path will also increase spirit regen, but only becomes better at passive regen than Exalted Soul above 2.8 per second.

Some items to bargain hunt for with a tempest rush build:

A monstrous 2h rare with 150%+ CHD, 5%+ life steal, and massive dex/vita mods. A socket is completely optional and may be a wasted stat next to a good CHD roll. Don't bother looking for a daibo with spirit regen, maces (Doom Hammer) and polearms (Dread Lance) are the slowest in the game. Any 2her that isn't named "Skorn" will be super cheap!

A rare spirit stone with a high spirit regen stat. The Madstone legendary would work but you need a socket for the one random mod. Inna's helm can have spirit regen and combine with the chest or belt for a 2 piece bonus, but may not be on budget.

Mara's Kelidescope for increased spirit regen and possibly a tempest rush or auto attack modifier.

IncGamers Member

On the topic of tempest rush: I really like SSS (Fulminating Onslaught) with it. You're already using (or should be using) a slow, high damage-per-hit 2-hander. Guess what skill makes slow, high damage-per-hit 2-handers almost instant death for elite packs? XD

IncGamers Member

Basically, the build they talk about is what's being discussed here http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...-it-s-possible

Avoiding getting too much AS is really important, or it will drain your spirit using tempest rush much faster. Problem with the build imo is that you want to use at least 2 passives for spirit regen, which may mean that you suffer some survival issues. Another pain with the build is the knockback from Tempest Rush. It is damn annoying if the mob doesn't die when you run through it the first time.

Pizzarino he mentions that he doesn't like sweeping wind and you recommend a sweeping wind build

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Pizzarino he mentions that he doesn't like sweeping wind and you recommend a sweeping wind build
    Well, problem is that there's no useful build without SW atm. And it's not likely to change before christmas

IncGamers Member

If it means anything Sweeping Wind will probably be unusable in PVP :O

BattleTag Sass-1761

Oh, it's a definite PvP skill. It has unsurpassed leeching, and is 30-40% of your damage...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Backlash has great leech too...but not quite as much as a ton of cyclones around.

IncGamers Member

Here, stand still really close to me and try not to kite me for longer than 6 seconds at a time...