Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Discuss & Debate Seven Guardians: The Catch Up Thread

Five and a half Seven Guardians: The Catch-up Thread

I have been both busy and lazy; busy making guardians, but too lazy to write about them, here's some new ones. A couple of these have been in progress a long time and have been passed a few times by other newer characters. Having recently quite a while ago completed two via MP sessions and one solo, I decided it was time to write a thread to get them all done at once.

Here's a screen shot.

The Enchantress and Mage-Zon were played initially in MP group sessions, but wound up being drug along behind stronger characters. The tri-elemental, avenger, and Javazon were all played MP at times too, but they were at least able to contribute well. BO barb and NM Andy runner are so old, I cant remember when they were guardianed without looking at notes...that I probably didnt take.

Pam Poovey
    Pam Poovey is named after the best character on the show Archer. If you dont watch it, you should give it a shot. She was started after the recent Pure Damage Zon 99 thread. Love the build and how it can tear through big bosses so fast even on P8. Soon as she gets infinity, she'll truly be unstoppable. This is the first zon I've ever made built around enigma and teleport. Yes, yes, she's slow, but you get used to it after a while and the speed she loses teleporting around is made up by her turning everything to dust with fury and CS. I guardianed her and played her for quite a while using wizzy/stormshield (max block) on switch for safe teleporting, but have since switched to wizzy/spirit without block. It was a tough decision, but I haven't regretted it all that much. I traded dr% and block for higher life, better fhr, and one more frame of teleport. I was finding myself block locked or otherwise constantly interrupted while teleporting to the throne so I tried the switch and have stuck with it. Up to now she's been running Baal with the regular MP HC crowd so no fixed maps, doesnt really bother her much, some runs just take longer. No real close calls as I always use a barb BO (Antiperspirant or an MP companion). Future plans include tweaking her gear more to get more damage and -lres on her, maybe 99 bound too.

LCS at Guardian
    Current LCS(no BC/BO)
    They're dead, Jim (Pam survives two killer Baal waves).

Dump at Guardian if you like reading all that text:
    Spoiler

Shanna Banana
    Shanna was named after a character from the movie Death Proof. Amazons are still after quite a while, my favorite class. Mage zon is the worst build ever in any class. I have never once made a fire zon because I was always told they disappoint. I scoffed and said to myself "if I were the one playing it they'd rock" but I still never got around to making one till now. Fire sucks and the cold tree couldnt save it. I tried to add as many +bow skills as I could, but I still wanted to be able to fire off arrows as fast as I thought I should. To that end, I used my armor slot for ias and lost 2 skills, but I made up for that lack in nearly every other slot I could or would. In the end, level 30 Immolation arrow, just must not be high enough. I was going to ***** some more about it, but just read any other person's complaints about it and you'll have mine too. After guardianship, she remained unused until I recently respeced to strafer. Future plans include strafing and multishotting enough times to erase the bad memories, most likely in the pits.

Guardian Dump
    Spoiler

Hank Pym
    Hank Pym is named after the wife-beating member of The Avengers that didnt quite make the cut into the move, Giant Man. He's an Avenger of course. Ton of fun to play this guy solo or MP. He's currently drug around as an infinity When Pam Baals unless there's a live body running conviction. His damage isn't as great as it could have been, but I decided I was going for style over big numbers when I decided to use the best eth phase blade I've ever personally found. I've seen better, but this is my personal best. As I said tons of fun, I will keep him geared for a long while I think. I'd like to Improve his damage a bit more. Thinks I love about this build; can not be immuned out (resisted, but not stopped), less need for AR (my one point wonder into conversion works great mainly because it will hit even with only one point spent), no need to stack res (actually have ~80 res naturally), and finally i like this build because it's good solo, but great in MP. Everyone loves conviction. Future plans include leveling him and playing him in MP sessions. This guy's a good break from MFing or otherwise grinding. Load him up and kill some stuff.

Guardian Text:
    Spoiler

Jungle Julia
    Not much of a sorc fan is what I'd call myself, but since I have three in this thread, I guess I cant claim that. Of the three, this one is by far my favorite, and one of my favorite sorcs I've played. Her name comes from Death Proof, good movie full of fun names for characters. Here's an early screen shot of her doing her thing (norm Baal). Here she is currently. She started out with full tals in mind. I wanted to make her three element and take full advantage of saving the skill points into masteries. Luckily I had one of each facet that was perfect in the correct spot (-5's for fire and light, 5% for cold). One each in armor, orb, and hat along with one of each skiller to round out nicely. Once I MF'd two Sojs (thanks to Charlene) they got put on to boost the all arounds. This is one build I really miss torch/anni on. Originally, she started on paper as orb/fw/nova since those are the skills in each branch that require the least points, then I realzed I was saving all my points back for no reason. I finally decided on using CB since I had also never maxed it for anything other than a synergy and it'd give me something to spam between the two other (timered) spells. I did loads of reading on Tri elemental and I totally see why EnerSense made so many of them, they're a blast. There also seems to be many viable variations be sure to read up on his if you're ever planning one.

LCS CB
    LCS Orb
    LCS FW
    Future plans include leveling her some more and generally screwing around. This is another character that is just fun with no real purpose.

Spoiler

Charlene McGee
    I believe I started Azula and Charlene at nearly the same time. Azula was MP and Charlene started out as a fire sorc as you can see by the name. She's named after the main character from the book/movie Firestarter. Good book. Somewhere along the way I decided she needed to become my NM Andy runner for SoJs since they never seem to drop anywhere else for me. Not even thinking about it, I guardianed (with MP help from someone IDK who) her before remembering not to start hell. I have lost many a map from negligent clicking when starting up. I finally got out of the habit and have a really nice map. I dont remember much about her other than I was trying out fire wall seriously for the first time. It is a fine spell that does good damage, though aiming it is a bit tough unless you're just putting it up on whatever your merc's fighting. Blizz/firewall isnt such a bad combination. I've found that while you're waiting on a timer, you can spam Glacial Spike (one of my favorite spells) or static while you wait. You really only need one spell (preferably fire based) when fighting NM andy in any case. Future plans include finding 2 more Sojs and either retiring or leveling for MP action.

MPing with IDK who's barb
    Diablo

Currently:
    Spoiler

Azula
    Only a few things to say about Azula. Name comes from Avatar: the Last Airbender. Started as a MP character ranged entchantress. One of my all time favorite builds on any class. Seriously, this is the build that brought me back to sorcs in general. For a while, I thought it was the only one that was any fun. MP group fell apart after entering hell, so I drug her along while finishing some other character (Pam Poovey I believe). She's useful as a prebuffer now and that's about it. I'd level her some more, but have more interesting characters to play now. This was a build I'd make nearly every ladder season while I still played on Bnet and I will eventually make another, great fun. This time around, instead of using FO (the typical second attack for the build, I went with high to maxed static theorizing that if everything in sight was fire imune, I would static the whole screen while my party members cleaned up. This unfortunately made her pretty tedious for SP playing so I've relegated her to buff duty. She stays geared, though so I take her out for a spin every once in a while.

(not so very) Inside Joke

Guardian Dump:
    Spoiler

Antiperspirant
    ​He's a BO barb, that's pretty much it. I did plan him around the typical WC barb build using enigma, though so he can do pretty much anything that doesnt involve killing a boss fast. Safe and fun is the WC build.

Spoiler

That concludes my write ups. Looking in my screenshot folders for each character it looks like the oldest of these was started around November 2011. There have been quite a few characters begun, dropped, picked back up, set aside, and others started and finished between then and now.

Many thanks go out to all my MP partners. Most of these wouldnt be here without help and none of them would have been much fun without ya!
    Last edited by crawlingdeadman; 13-12-2012 at 05:30.

Re: Seven Guardians: The Catch Up Thread

Very nice! What's up with the code box in the middle? (welp... it was edited out! Muaha!)
    Glad to have played with you in all the games! What's up with MP groups falling apart when we get to hell? Scared?

Never realized you didn't like Shanna banana. Believe I had a barb named BYOB at one point, who died, like all my pixelated friends.
    Personal favorites of CDM's characters: DO for the BO (antiperspirant), Azula, and Pam Poovey. Always liked your character names. Seemed thoughtful.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Think I fixed the code box. Formatting's a pain after you've clicked submit the first time.

Great playing with you as always. I'd say which of your characters I liked, but I think they're all dead.

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

Needs more amazons!

Nice work on these.

I cannot decide which one I like the most - Pam the bot or Hank the walking Infinity.

I can't recall if I've actually ever seen Hank kill stuff? Once I get my enchantress to hell, he will be very welcome to tag along. I imagine he could be a lot of fun with a sorc.

Congrats! We had lots of fun until you let both Pyro and I die in that single game (bremm and lister, respectively).
    (thanks for looting my enigma!)
    Shout out to the leaf stafffffffffffffffffffffffff
    (he deeded too btw)

Nice guardians and good background stories as well.