Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Heart of the damned?

Does it explain anywhere what the giants chained up in the Heart of the Damned are or their signifigance?

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Heart of the damned?

Cydaea herself (the arachnid maiden of lust) gives a little background while you're fighting through the area. If you take the Enchantress into the Tower of the Damned, she'll explain what they are.

They're called The Flayed, and their skin and flesh is "harvested" for building material. The paths in the Arreat Crater are made of their skin and flesh (at one point, the Templar says "the ground is giving away as it was living flesh" or something like that).

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

IncGamers Member

Thanks, you are well informed. I think I remember that now. There may be expansion potential there. They could break free and be giant co-op required bosses all over A-5.

IncGamers Member

Maybe they're related to the Butchers? There was a subclass called Flayed One in D1, and the lory entry for the Butcher says they're artificial beings.

BattleTag Xuu-6972

They were a bit explained by the Scoundrel, too. He said he sneaked into Leah's book and had read about the said creature.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowieken View Post
    Cydaea herself (the arachnid maiden of lust) gives a little background while you're fighting through the area. If you take the Enchantress into the Tower of the Damned, she'll explain what they are.

They're called The Flayed, and their skin and flesh is "harvested" for building material. The paths in the Arreat Crater are made of their skin and flesh (at one point, the Templar says "the ground is giving away as it was living flesh" or something like that).

agree with this, the flesh is harvested

IncGamers Member

Thanks I got the idea now

Yeah, if you look closely at the ground in the hell areas of Act 3, they're all covered in flesh. Like it's a thin layer, like walking on a drum or something. Which is gruesome, though kind of hard to figure how things like the tunnel worms can be under there, since it's just empty space below a thin layer of flesh.

But try not to trouble your pretty little head over that. I often wonder how the tunnel worms can pop up through the water caves in Act 2 without all the water draining down into their tubes.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Maybe these "Flayed" are a prime example to cook your meat properly. Look at the size of those worms!