Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Show off your Barb!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F...44/hero/129127

Everyone here has pretty nice gear while I'm scraping by on iffy rares and dodgy legendaries. I do love my rend build, really looking for a crit dmg/crit chance/150+ str amy and a skorn with high LS. One day.

IncGamers Member

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K...5/hero/7255051

wanting to be able to do mp9/10 ubers but just don't know a good way to improve, any suggestions please?

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D.../hero/12590173

So I put together this sorta bargain-bin HotA/Rend Barbarian recently. A lot of pieces cost less than a million and I think all of them cost less than 2 million. Between the full IK set, weapon master with a mighty weapon, and unforgiving, I'm just bleeding Fury and can basically use HotA (Smash) as my primary if I get its base cost down to 10. Rend doesn't take up much fury since I'm only using it every so often since it doesn't stack. All that remaining fury I can just dump into Sprint (Marathon) to just jet around like mad. By the time Sprint runs out, I've auto-generated all the Fury I just spent on it right back. War Cry and Leap both pick up the slack if I somehow find myself running out of Fury, but that rarely happens unless I'm hitting Rend or Sprint more than I really should be.

I've considered replacing the Boulder Breaker with some other 2H weapon (probably Skorn) and then just getting the IK belt (halfway decent ones aren't terribly expensive. Most expensive IK pieces seem to be the helmet and gauntlets). But then I'd lose the "get fury when you hit anything" bonus from weapon master, meaning I'd have to put more focus into dropping the cost of HotA so I could still spam it freely. I actually have a Mara's Amulet that drops the cost of it by 5 (had to snipe a non-buyout auction for that one), but it's also way way weaker than my current amulet, dropping my DPS by over 10k. I'd have to get a 2H that hugely made up for it. I hear Skorns are pretty good though. I dunno, I'll take a look into it tonight.

At any rate, I feel really damn good about the general idea of this build. I can move like a locomotive and hit just as hard, without having to rely on any kind of WW build. It's a pretty good farming build that doesn't really need crit or LoH.
    Last edited by DarlosND; 16-05-2013 at 19:47.

IncGamers Member

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s...4/hero/2127439

I usually play with cleave on MP3 (without fury spenders ). Sometimes HotA on MP5/6. Never liked WW builds.
    Equipment wise, I think it's pretty good.
    Question: any suggestion on possible build I could try? Maybe change some of the gear (unfortunately I have only 40M gold)?

I sold 1 homunculus and 1 vision of <zero dogs helm> with bad-ish rolls and after some bidding I got my

Blue Barbarian: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...45/hero/948780 .

Total gear price was 15.5 mi (bidding, mostly, without gems), plus 2 crafted pieces and self found zuni boots that made me trade some survivability for happy 15k dps. Vanishing dye on everything but Inna's Pants and Zuni Boots. The crazy skill set is an emulation of a D2 barbarian.

Actually, I spent around 25 million gold to get the purchased gear of that barb pre-1.08. Also, I spent ~550k gold to get the other IK pieces, BK solemn vow and cold sojs (again, bidding), pre-1.08.

After 1.08, I tested a lot of things after Ziss made his aniversary 20m giveaway (for the barb, I test a vit cc lacunis 10mi and a few 1-2mi rings - all of them lame, including lacunis...)

With the leftovers, I made the

Red Barbarian: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/22377917

Technically, she works, since some breakpoints are there (over 100k DPS, 2.5 APS, 40K life, 500 AR, 5k Armor, around 50CC with scoundrel and warcry...). She was wearing the vit lacunis, but I plan to use them on the next project. I didn't put her gear on the spreadsheet, but I usually don't buy expensive stuff. EF was won on a bid pre-patch for 800k (18% fear proc lulz) and her OH and ammy self found or just very, very old to track back... For those reasons, I won't bother calculating the budget... She's more like an answer to myself for the "y u no DT/WW" question

(She's the red barb because of his her, infernal die, fire damage OH and firewalkers. I wanted the gear matching with the hair... )

Diablo: IncGamers Member mortuus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spolja View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s...4/hero/2127439

I usually play with cleave on MP3 (without fury spenders ). Sometimes HotA on MP5/6. Never liked WW builds.
    Equipment wise, I think it's pretty good.
    Question: any suggestion on possible build I could try? Maybe change some of the gear (unfortunately I have only 40M gold)?
    Uh what mp3 only? my barb has way more crappy gear and i can play mp8 or 9 with decent party and it goes ok... so u shouldnt have any problems even alone.

BattleTag SparkOne-1556

IncGamers Member

@mortuus
    I took your advice, playing on MP7 with HotA. No deaths so far, goes pretty fast. Also, EXP gain is massive

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

I'm planning to look through this thread more closely to check out everyone's awesome Barb, but I figured I'd post myself up here in the meantime. I just upgraded a piece of my gear for the first time in maybe months. It had been a long long time and there are still plenty of pieces I'd like to improve even more (prime among them being a similar EF with a socket, but that's gonna cost LOTS of gold), but I'm always happy with the way my Barb plays and feels. Check him out by going through the link in my sig. Thanks!

Reaper of Souls Beta Tester mojolevel's Avatar
    BattleTag Mojo-1577

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...7/hero/2183801

I've posted my barb in a similar thread a while ago that seems to have died...and no matter, since my barb has improved quite a bit since then, many many months ago. Still working on a few upgrades, e.g. a new Mempo (mine dates back to 1.03) with vitality, improved gloves, replacement for HF ring, etc. Basically I just want to pick up IAS on a few slots without sacrificing CHC/CHD.

Edit: Since I saw one or two others make mention of their rationale for dye choices - I use vanishing dye all around because it's reminiscent of my old D2 Barb (of the same name), who was strength-glitched. Now, if only they gave me back my weapon-swap function and dual Battle Order CTAs!