Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Wizard DPS problem.

So my Wizard is fine... except for one problem.

She does insane DPS...

On my hands.

How do you CM players play without hurting yourselves?

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Well my left hand is fine, it just holds down 3-4 buttons all the time. The mouse hand can get tired, but it's usually only during ubers.

I've heard some people make a macro, but I worry about getting banned.

IncGamers Member

Re: Wizard DPS problem.

I thought the holding buttons approach didn't work? It does now?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    I thought the holding buttons approach didn't work? It does now?
    You can hold explosive blast and diamond skin while mashing twister and frost nova. This seems to only activate explosive blast/diamond skin when your next twister or nova is cast, but it works.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Actually you can hold all 3 (EB, FN and CS) and then use twister on your mouse and it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    So my Wizard is fine... except for one problem.

She does insane DPS...

On my hands.

How do you CM players play without hurting yourselves?
    Lmao, that was funny! Yeah it sucks man, there's really no legit way around it (and I don't like macros anyways, for the same reason I prefer manual transmission over automatic... I just FEEL like i'm in more control whether it's true or not). It does get better though. You sorta get used to it.

IncGamers Member

Work out those gaming muscles! Maybe get some finger gloves for winter, too. I mean, cold hands get fatigued faster and aren't as responsive. Or maybe I'm getting old. :|

IncGamers Member

Heh, I ran into this exact problem while trying the CM build yesterday. I would forget to cast either EB or WW, because holding the buttons down just felt foreign to me. I'm trying to get into a rhythm of tapping them in sequence such that it would work -- that might feel better on myhands.

IncGamers Member

I ran in to real problems after a few weeks of cm build spamming, I got a bit of permanent pain in my arm. Had a chat with a doctor, who told me to really take it easy, since I could get permanently injured.

Apparently what happens in the hand when you strain it with a lot small movements under stress like mouse clicking is that the blood flow in your hand gets really low. You can feel your hand getting cold. When that happens there are secondary effects which can affect your nerves in your hand/arm.

You feel this as if it tingles in your fingers, hand and maybe arm all the way up to your shoulders. You can also feel numbness, and pain. This you should take as a serious warning, since if you don't, those symptoms can get permanent.

Personally I took a two week break from D3. Now i play a bit more cautiously. Sure I do spam lock ubers at ml 8 with friends, and still play a lot of CM hunting keys, but I don't sit for hours on end spam clicking. Also I usually mix with doing experience runs at monster level 0. At monster level 0 you can use virtually any spells... like chain lightning or archon which require little or no spamming of spells. And I make sure to take a break from time to time when playing.

I really would like to run spam clicking script... but I haven't got the nerve to risk it... not sure what the risk is.

/TC

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoCore View Post
    I ran in to real problems after a few weeks of cm build spamming, I got a bit of permanent pain in my arm. Had a chat with a doctor, who told me to really take it easy, since I could get permanently injured.

Apparently what happens in the hand when you strain it with a lot small movements under stress like mouse clicking is that the blood flow in your hand gets really low. You can feel your hand getting cold. When that happens there are secondary effects which can affect your nerves in your hand/arm.

You feel this as if it tingles in your fingers, hand and maybe arm all the way up to your shoulders. You can also feel numbness, and pain. This you should take as a serious warning, since if you don't, those symptoms can get permanent.

Personally I took a two week break from D3. Now i play a bit more cautiously. Sure I do spam lock ubers at ml 8 with friends, and still play a lot of CM hunting keys, but I don't sit for hours on end spam clicking. Also I usually mix with doing experience runs at monster level 0. At monster level 0 you can use virtually any spells... like chain lightning or archon which require little or no spamming of spells. And I make sure to take a break from time to time when playing.

I really would like to run spam clicking script... but I haven't got the nerve to risk it... not sure what the risk is.

/TC
    Having ergonomic gaming equipment can be a big help with this kind of thing. My G13 gaming mini-keyboard has been a fantastic aid to my gaming; with it I can play comfortable longer and I put less strain on my wrists and fingers because it is specifically designed to be ergonomic for gaming and keys can be assigned to whatever I want them to be. I'm sure there are other similar options out there, including for mice and the like.