Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag zt0-2554

Re: After a long hiatus... starting to play again!

Dead end corner and what was it 3 boss packs or 4? Nasty. Are you going for another Monk? They are cheap to get going in Inferno with OWE.

IncGamers Member

Ouch man =( I'm really starting to hate nightmarish for that reason. Sorry to see you go down, but **** if that wasn't a last stand against the odds I don't know what is... Your monk went down with pride.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

I have only played monks, that was #4 dead 60. I already made my next monk, this lady will avenge her fallen brother!
    (and maybe I will kill diablo this time)

@arc I watched the vid again a few times, just laughing as I randomly tried to kill things while running..... I'll be catching up with you shortly

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Aargh that was painful to watch :-| Wouldn't you consider Tempest Rush next time? Has saved me a gazillion times, when things get nasty I pop serenity and run for it, through the packs if necessary.

I almost joined you in the graveyard just now, should have trusted my instincts. Was actually getting more confident in A2 until I met a fly pack in the sewers. Health dropped alarmingly quick and I miss-hit the serenity button (yes how *stupid* can you get, but I almost never use it), looking at the keyboard trying to figure out why serenity wasn't activating, forgot to TR the hell out of there. Got the red screen and my monk said something like "I life to fight again" or something like that. Figured my NDE had popped (was first time) and finally got the senses to TR to the nearest waypoint and take a breather, pfewww!

Tried A1 at MP1 and that played the same as A2 at MP0. So I just need to be more patient, farm some gold and get some upgrades first before I continue.
    Last edited by Grishok; 17-12-2012 at 20:11.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Aargh that was painful to watch :-| Wouldn't you consider Tempest Rush next time? Has saved me a gazillion times, when things get nasty I pop serenity and run for it, through the packs if necessary.
    My play style has me locked into this set of skills with minimal wiggly room. At best, passive skills may be the only things that I would be willing to change.

That is always scarey, them mostiqutos are the devil... that is what took out my first 60. Effective use and management of cooldowns is highly important, along with spirit use. Practice makes perfect though In a3 I was using serenity quite a bit, mostly to avoid having to re-position for frozen, but at times for spikes in damage. It is all about assesing the situation, will using it now be more beinifical than waiting? Can I be fine without it for the next 20 seconds (or whatever the cd is)? Will it benifit me? I m getting better at using my 7sided strike teleport for defensve purposes...this situation was just yea... totally failure on my part. At the least, I learned something: The bridge is not a cool place for a monk

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

At least it is still a challenge to make it to the end, wouldn't have it any other way! Good luck with your next monk, will be tougher and stronger I'm sure :-)

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Back at 60, 20k dps, 60k hp, 831 all resist, 4.4k armor, no life on hit :9 last two stats make me sad, but not sad enough to be scared of act1!

BattleTag KornKills-1468

almost PL16 now. 61.5k hp, 29.7k dps, 5.5k armor, 760 all res, 1k LoH, 34% crit!!

This monk has alllmmooooost surpassed my old one.... Like 2 or 3 more upgrades to go. The dps is def higher, I went for it and dropped 11 mill on a wep.

Hope I make it to PL20 this time <3

oh ya most important stat, 200 mf with stacks. gotta get dat loot.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Adult-1709

Kornkills love Kimchi. Ask him out on a Kimchi Date if you're ever in South Korea.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

So, I learned some good lessons from this character.

1) 200+ MF is mandatory.
    2) Don't go afk in the wild... I thought I went to town, was kinda of on autopilot for this run... PK'd by someone knocking on the door.
    3) Have a back up set of gear

This one will sting for a while...

l.png