Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BattleTag KornKills-1468

Re: After a long hiatus... starting to play again!

cool thanks for the info. I am just now entering the Forgotten Ruins in a2 now. Had 1 "iffy" moment so far, and had to leave the game another time. But I upped my dps to 19k now. Hopefully tonight I can spend some time working on Khule and testing the waters there ^^

edit: And also I have progressed farther than ever in inferno ^^ woot

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag zt0-2554

Nice one. Keep it safe! Its usually when you feel confident the accident will come. The other day i thought my monk would die in act 3. I had farmed act 3 from paragon level 5 -22 in act 3 without being close to die. I had 2 close calls in the same game. REALLY close. My screen was all red.. First from a Bosspack in Keep level 3. Dont remember the name of the big bastards that can tear the doors down. They were Horde, Arcane, Fast and Cold. I just ran in without checking stats or position myself correct. I got cornered and it got nasty but i in the end i could walk out. The second time in the same game was some tower level Phasebeasts, same affixes as the other close call. This time was the closest in my Diablo 3 time that i could walk out of with my life intact. But I can say my heart was pumping. In the end it was SSS that saved my life. So i take it a bit slower nowdays when i see phasebeast with horde and those other turtles.

Heres my guy: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/z.../hero/21782520

BattleTag KornKills-1468

I am PL5 now, and I successfully killed belail. Kulle was def harder than belail was.

I decided to see what act 3 had in store for me. It had for me... some very tense moments. My monk is def not ready for act3. I scrapped by and lit all the beacons though. I noticed for sure I just do not have the DPS needed, as I beat helplessly on an even more helpless elite. I also do not have the livability to feel comfortable. I guess I will spend my time in a1/2 and collect gold... hopefully find something people actually want to buy. I keep wasting my gold on upgrading gems >.<

But I did find a legendary in act2, was very confused by the light that spawned on it. Gues I would of missed it if it wasnt there. Strongran whatever bracers. Checked the AH, and they are essentially worthless woot. Too bad they didn't have dex on them, I would of liked that 9% life bonus.

So for now, act1/2 I suppose until I get lucky and get rich, or grind hopelessly until I have gold to buy an upgrade to my weapon. If anyone wants a monk to play with hit me up!

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by fanstyg View Post
    Nice one. Keep it safe! Its usually when you feel confident the accident will come. The other day i thought my monk would die in act 3. I had farmed act 3 from paragon level 5 -22 in act 3 without being close to die. I had 2 close calls in the same game. REALLY close. My screen was all red.. First from a Bosspack in Keep level 3. Dont remember the name of the big bastards that can tear the doors down. They were Horde, Arcane, Fast and Cold. I just ran in without checking stats or position myself correct. I got cornered and it got nasty but i in the end i could walk out.
    Yes, they had me running like a girl once ^^

It's strange you can play for days without pany roblems and suddenlty encounter the wrong comination of elites/affixes that can kill you very quickly. Keeps the tension alive :-)

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Update: PL10, still kicking ***. Act 1 is now an official joke. Going to see how act 2 is, last time I just didn't feel safe enough to farm it.

Made some huge equipment upgrades. Also decided to use a Life % gem in help since all the exp I get is void if I get murdered.

Stats

27k dps unbuffed
    16% block
    38% dodge unbuffed
    28% crit
    +200 crit damage
    5.1k armor
    814 resist
    47k hp
    673 life on hit

still no life regen gear... but 14 yards gold/globe pick up and 12% movement speed. Really want 24% movement speed... some day.

Hopefully act 2 is farmable, some time tonight I am going to try act3 first quest again and see how it feels since I have made significant livability upgrades since I was last there.

Still using blind <3 Might swap convict for evasion mantra for act3.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag zt0-2554

You should be able to farm act 3 pretty confidently with those stats.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

I read something about the removal on enrage timers, does that include bosses?

Just killed ghom in inferno, I made some gear/skill changes. 24k dps/67k hp/800 all res/6200 armor. Hoping to get 75k hp then start increasing dps again.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

tried to progress further. second catapult thing past the bridge got moshed by 2 elite packs, along with 15 or so extra mobs at first. all i know is there was vortex and arcane involved, and like 5 of those pestilice whatever things that make the crazy plague on the ground. started to kite... went the wrong direction and pulled was seemed like 20 more mobs. made it back to the WP and out of the game just fine... could of ended much worse.

will try again tonight lol... never seen that many monsters in one spot before ^^

edit: after a break, went back and finished a3! Hooray. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but may have had luck with the elites. There was at least 4 I had to kite around a bit for positioning, and def cannot tank them all yet. Was def fun. Don't realy want to do a4 yet
    Last edited by Kornkills; 15-12-2012 at 11:30.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

You've gut guts :-) I started A2 but I'm not so sure I feel safe doing the rest of A2. It only takes one bad pack to end it all..

22k dps
    4.5k armor
    8xx resist (with MoH-ToN)
    46k hp
    500 LOH

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hippotion-2165/

And yes, that part with the catapults I always try to avoid pulling in too many packs, especially those pestilent @$%@# can be annoying as hell (erm inferno).

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Well, that monk is now dead. I was streaming though, and you can see where it all fell apart @40 mins.

http://www.twitch.tv/kornkills/b/348801990

Classic mistake of running into unexplored areas....

all i can do is laugh at how horrible I died.