Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    IncGamers Member IntelligentX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piova
    Posts
    6,376

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    You could get WotB to last longer by raising your crit chance, your attack speed, using a mighty weapon in your main hand, fighting in more monster-dense areas, or using Bash to 'recharge' your WotB when it gets low. Make sure you're keeping your fury bulb less than full, too.

    MP6 might be where you want to farm keys, but you'd do better mfing on a lower MP - probably more like mp 2 if you want perma-WotB or mp0 if you want to switch to using a 2h weapon and not using WotB at all.
    I am currently using butcher's sickle as mainland. Will it make hell a lot of difference when I switch to a mighty weapon? I am not good at maths, but using a axe/mace type weapon will increase 10% critical chance, where mighty weapon grants only 3 fury. In my mind, I feel 10% critical chance is much better than mere 3 fury generated, both damage and fury management. Please do correct me if I am wrong though.

    I have got another question now - for offhand I am currently using echoing fury (socketed, 22x strength + 91 vitality). Will it be better if I use a dagger with critical damage/life steal/strength/vitality/loh?

  2. #22
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970
    Posts
    417

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    Quote Originally Posted by IntelligentX View Post
    I have got another question now - for offhand I am currently using echoing fury (socketed, 22x strength + 91 vitality). Will it be better if I use a dagger with critical damage/life steal/strength/vitality/loh?
    Yes.

    Your stat sheet DPS might be lower, but you will kill faster. If you're using run like the wind, your tornados are basically only using your main hand damage. This allow you to ignore offhand DPS while getting all the bonus stats you want. Also, the tornados only do damage to monsters standing in them... they don't do much damage if the monsters are always running away in fear ;-). Echoing Fury works best when you can deal enough damage to kill the monster before it runs away, so if your DPS isn't high enough, it may be more of a hindrance.

    Regarding the fury gen vs. crit chance... it depends on how fast you kill at whatever MP you're playing on. If you kill almost instantaneously, then you aren't crit'ing enough to generate any fury. This is where using a fury weapon comes in handy with the guaranteed 3 fury per crit (depending on the proc rate of the skill being used of course)


    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #23
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,575

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    Yes.

    Your stat sheet DPS might be lower, but you will kill faster. If you're using run like the wind, your tornados are basically only using your main hand damage. This allow you to ignore offhand DPS while getting all the bonus stats you want. Also, the tornados only do damage to monsters standing in them... they don't do much damage if the monsters are always running away in fear ;-). Echoing Fury works best when you can deal enough damage to kill the monster before it runs away, so if your DPS isn't high enough, it may be more of a hindrance.
    I kinda disagree with this. It depends on the dagger, the Echoing Fury, and all the other gear you're wearing. Echoing Fury's +.25 aps applies to both main hand and your off hand swings, so it can make up for a good bit of missing crit damage even if you don't use a crit+socket EF. Also, there isn't really a good reason not to use a cold damage SoJ as one of your rings, with which the EF's fear is negligible and everything not feared is moving even slower; the 20-30% extra damage to elites is a huge bonus on top of the fantastic slowing effect. WW/sprint doesn't proc a decently low-fear EF all that often anyway with its natural 10% to 20% chance and the .2 or .08 proc coefficients of the skills.

    You can't really tell which will be better for your dps unless you use a stat calculator (or do the math yourself). I suggest getting familiar with http://www.d3rawr.com/d

  4. #24
    IncGamers Member IntelligentX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piova
    Posts
    6,376

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    Yes.

    Your stat sheet DPS might be lower, but you will kill faster. If you're using run like the wind, your tornados are basically only using your main hand damage. This allow you to ignore offhand DPS while getting all the bonus stats you want. Also, the tornados only do damage to monsters standing in them... they don't do much damage if the monsters are always running away in fear ;-). Echoing Fury works best when you can deal enough damage to kill the monster before it runs away, so if your DPS isn't high enough, it may be more of a hindrance.

    Regarding the fury gen vs. crit chance... it depends on how fast you kill at whatever MP you're playing on. If you kill almost instantaneously, then you aren't crit'ing enough to generate any fury. This is where using a fury weapon comes in handy with the guaranteed 3 fury per crit (depending on the proc rate of the skill being used of course)


    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    I kinda disagree with this. It depends on the dagger, the Echoing Fury, and all the other gear you're wearing. Echoing Fury's +.25 aps applies to both main hand and your off hand swings, so it can make up for a good bit of missing crit damage even if you don't use a crit+socket EF. Also, there isn't really a good reason not to use a cold damage SoJ as one of your rings, with which the EF's fear is negligible and everything not feared is moving even slower; the 20-30% extra damage to elites is a huge bonus on top of the fantastic slowing effect. WW/sprint doesn't proc a decently low-fear EF all that often anyway with its natural 10% to 20% chance and the .2 or .08 proc coefficients of the skills.

    You can't really tell which will be better for your dps unless you use a stat calculator (or do the math yourself). I suggest getting familiar with http://www.d3rawr.com/d

    I want to thank you for both inputs!

    To clarify, here is the screenshot of my weapons:

    This one is my echoing fury.




    And the following shows my mainhand (Butcher's sickle) and the dagger:



    Also, according to the d3rawr's website, I have inputed my details to compare my weapons, and it shows I actually have lower DPS with my dagger, although the life steal helps a lot (about 1k life per second in difference). Is the website accurate? If so, I think I will stick to my echoing fury.

  5. #25
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,575

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    Quote Originally Posted by IntelligentX View Post
    Also, according to the d3rawr's website, I have inputed my details to compare my weapons, and it shows I actually have lower DPS with my dagger, although the life steal helps a lot (about 1k life per second in difference). Is the website accurate? If so, I think I will stick to my echoing fury.
    For whirlwind/sprint, what you actually want to look at is the expandable 'tDPS and Life gained per second' stuff on the bottom right of the character sheet; this stuff all assumes you're hitting a monster with whirlwind and an average of 3.5 tornados (a realistic estimate, I think). The EF offers more tDPS than the dagger... and so does the axe on the first set! :|

    The Echoing Fury does, however, offer the disadvantage of significantly reducing your healing per second since it lacks life steal. Both the dagger and the axe offer more healing/second, with the axe offering the most.

  6. #26
    IncGamers Member IntelligentX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piova
    Posts
    6,376

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    Okay, it is quite some time since my last post, and now I have my very first 10m now =) (not much compare to the trillions, I know)

    I have got another question - I am still using the butcher's sickle now as mainland. It is good enough for mp7 so far, but I cannot proceed further. I heard that RLTW is based on mainhand damage, so should I get a highest DPS weapon on the mainhand (Skipping the crit/leech and such) or sticking with my current weapon instead?

    Question 2 - If I really need to upgrade my weapon, is it wise to use axe/mace type weapon (for 10% crit chance)? Or a mighty weapon is viable too (To make WotB longer duration)?

    Thanks in advance!

  7. #27
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    BattleTag fenrir-2588
    Posts
    166

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    1. Butcher's Sickles are awesome weapons because of the LS/CritDam/OS/Stun combo. The DPS on yours is decent as well. It is true that a higher 'black' damage weapon will improve your RLTW tick damage but it is hard (and expensive) to find a better weapon with that combo. If you can forgo the LS on get it on other slots and get new high-DPS/CritDam/OS weapon, it might be worthwhile.

    2. Axe/Maces are typically the way to go because they have the highest 'black damage' which benefit tornado damage the most. The 10% crit from Mastery is also too good to pass up. The Mastery bonus for Mighty Weapons isn't that great as it once was since RLTW proc rate is only 8%.

    Just looking at your gears, I can recommend some upgrades. Your HP, 43k, is on the low-end. I don't see any of the new crafted items. Your shoulders are decent but your gloves and braces could benefit greatly with some of the new crafting which give big bonuses to STR.

  8. #28
    Reaper of Souls Beta Tester mojolevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    BattleTag Mojo-1577
    Posts
    63

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    I agree with the above - go with an axe/mace over a mighty weapon. To be effectively using RLTW you should be pushing your crit chance as high as you can anyway, which will in turn lead to proc'ing the fury bonus on Into The Fray frequently enough to more than make up for forgoing the bonus gained by using a mighty weapon.

  9. #29
    IncGamers Member IntelligentX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piova
    Posts
    6,376

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    I will like to thank you both of your reply!

    Reason of not using crafted items is I don't have the luck yet =(

    And in fact, I can boost my life up to 50k by unsocketing the gems in IK armor and get some amethyst instead, but I afraid I will lose some DPS that way.

  10. #30
    Diablo: IncGamers Member mortuus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    158

    Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

    echoing fury is better then any butches sickle as mainhand if using dual weapons..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •