Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

Currently I am using this gear/skill layout:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...7/hero/2059435

I can fight through monster power 6 without too much problem. Question is, I have been saving like hell just to get a Immortal king's armor for full set bonus and I wonder if it is worth continue doing so?

Re: Does immortal king's full set (Except weapon) worth using?

I'm using 5 parts of IK and the extra fury generation certainly is nice. The chest is a nice item in it's own right, if you can afford it. FYI, the top DPS on diabloprogress.com use IK gloves + chest for the 2 part bonus.

Fun thing about the Full Set bonus is that if you take the Unforgiving passive you regen 4 fury/sec and it fills the bulb crazy fast. Overall yes, the set is nice but at the same time the full bonus seems lacking. 5hp per fury spent? That's pretty much useless, and the max fury bonus is tiny but the fury regen is great.

IncGamers Member

For dual wield/fast attack speed I'm not personally too enamored of the 5 piece set bonus, but the slower you attack the more important an extra 2 fury/second and preventing fury loss becomes.

As individual pieces, the IK set can be pretty good, particularly chest armor and gloves, but be wary that you don't overpay; for a mid to low budget you might be better off with rares, which for the same (or equivalent) stats could be cheaper.

I currently use the boots and chest armor, but once I shift some vita around and save up a king's ransom of gold I'll invest in a pair of gloves too. I have the belt and helm for testing purposes/playing around with but I do not use them.

It is very good for low mp paragon farming, with ww/sprint without wotb.
    Ik weapon isn't even that bad, food 1600dps+ roll with ~200% crit bonus is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    It is very good for low mp paragon farming, with ww/sprint without wotb.
    Understatement. If you're not item/xp farming with 5-piece IK, and you have the funds to get it, you're doing it wrong. Period.

First off, the goal is Act 3 MP0. Here's why. The only question is how to get there.

Did you know the Animosity passive improves all Fury generation, regardless of the source from generator skills, Fury per second, and even Into the Fray?

5 piece IK + Unforgiving + Charge! rune in War Cry (40 Fury/20 sec) + Animosity = 7.2 Fury per second
    Run Like the Wind costs 20 Fury every 3 seconds = 6.67 Fury
    Net gain per second = 0.53 per second (think 1.04 Unforgiving)

So with 5-piece IK and a few skill switches, you gain permasprint, even if the screen is completely empty... which means you no longer need monsters to get hit by tornados to keep your Sprint up. MP0 is now viable. You lose some damage because you need to pick Ruthless or Weapon Master (usually the latter), but that's more than made up by monsters having much less health and dealing less damage. In terms of Into the Fray, you'll crit slightly less, but you'll gain 18 Fury per proc rather than 15, so you'll probably end up ahead.

Need more gas? Put Threatening Shout - Grim Harvest on your bar. This increases net Fury gain to 2.33 per second. That's after Sprint spam.

Proceed to kill like a knife through butter.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dethklok View Post
    Understatement. If you're not item/xp farming with 5-piece IK, and you have the funds to get it, you're doing it wrong. Period.

First off, the goal is Act 3 MP0. Here's why. The only question is how to get there.

Did you know the Animosity passive improves all Fury generation, regardless of the source — from generator skills, Fury per second, and even Into the Fray?

5 piece IK + Unforgiving + Charge! rune in War Cry (40 Fury/20 sec) + Animosity = 7.2 Fury per second
    Run Like the Wind costs 20 Fury every 3 seconds = 6.67 Fury
    Net gain per second = 0.53 per second (think 1.04 Unforgiving)

So with 5-piece IK and a few skill switches, you gain permasprint, even if the screen is completely empty... which means you no longer need monsters to get hit by tornados to keep your Sprint up. MP0 is now viable. You lose some damage because you need to pick Ruthless or Weapon Master (usually the latter), but that's more than made up by monsters having much less health and dealing less damage. In terms of Into the Fray, you'll crit slightly less, but you'll gain 18 Fury per proc rather than 15, so you'll probably end up ahead.

Need more gas? Put Threatening Shout - Grim Harvest on your bar. This increases net Fury gain to 2.33 per second. That's after Sprint spam.

Proceed to kill like a knife through butter.
    This is brilliant. Just started using this because running out of fury on mp0 was slowing me down, but using this setup I fly through now. Much appreciated for the tips

IncGamers Member

...Charge! rune in War Cry...
    I much prefer using Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) over War Cry (Charge!) with my full IK 2-hander low monster power build. It generates less fury in a single use, but it can be used much more frequently, deals damage, and often can refill a completely empty fury bulb in one shot due to the effect of using it with Battle Rage (Into the Fray). For the record, the build I use for mp 0/1/2 on my barbarian looks like this. If I had to use War Cry, I would replace Overpower (Killing Spree) with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    I much prefer using Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) over War Cry (Charge!) with my full IK 2-hander low monster power build.
    You're missing the point. Or maybe points.
    1) Obviously we're talking ww/sprint here.
    2) Furious Charge assumes there are monsters to hit, in which case you could just gain off them with Into the Fray. Charge! doesn't need monsters to do its job.

IncGamers Member

You're missing the point. Or maybe points.
    1) Obviously we're talking ww/sprint here.
    2) Furious Charge assumes there are monsters to hit, in which case you could just gain off them with Into the Fray. Charge! doesn't need monsters to do its job.
    No, I'm making a different point.
    1) So am I.
    2) If you furious charge now and then when there are monsters to hit, you won't run out of fury between packs when there aren't monsters to hit because you're leaving packs with a mostly full fury bulb, then regenerating at least 4 fury/second from Unforgiving + IK. Sprint costs ~6.66 fury a second, you regenerate 4/second, and you have a minimum of 118 fury means over 40 seconds of sprinting to run out of fury, assuming you leave with a full bulb. If you don't, you probably did something wrong and also probably don't have both zero fury and zero enemies to charge.