Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

low budget barb, gear advice please...

So I found a decent Echoing Fury and not sure if best to sell it and gear up some more all over, or keep it and gear around it.
    in my current state the Fear on EF is annoying as I don't have any cold damage, if I keep EF my plan would be to drop some IAS from rings and go for crit% crit damage high strength with a clod damage life steal off hand and maybe change out the mempo for a cheap IK helm. thoughts?

if I sell the EF, I'm at a loss as to what to replace next, I can comfortably farm Keys in MP6 solo and can farm MP3 A3 pretty fast for items, but I'd love to have more survivability and dps to be able to do mp7 solo and maybe even mp7 Ubers either solo or as a carry.
    Link shows dps as 76 k, but in game it is 66,853.91 unbuffed.

if I change back to my axe it's a small loss in dps, stats are 1011.8 dps, 196 str, 58 Vita, socket no elemental damage.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z...5/hero/1124364

Zerker

Re: low budget barb, gear advice please...

I like the EF and as you're using LoH the extra attack speed will be helping your survivability. Another source of cold damage would be a Stone of Jordan. One with cold damage and 30% damage vs elite shouldn't cost too much and will help a lot when farming keys solo. One with barb stats would be very expensive but with junk stats it still gives a big boost.

I tried out the EF, the damage sure is nice, it's an extra 6k on paper, but in reality the extra attack speed really shows.
    however, even with a cold damage off hand the fear was still too much for me, if the EF doesn't sell for a decent amount I may save it for a future build where i use it in the off hand.

I've had a look at the cheap IK helms and even one with simmilar strength to my mempo only adds 500-600 dps and sacrifices a lot of all res. I think I might get a rare helm for that slot. any suggestions for the rest of my gear?

You could try and get jewellery and gloves with more than one DPS stat, eg: IAS and crit on rings and CHD and crit on amulet. I've found it really helpful to learn about breakpoints, which are important to know about for WW damage:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

There's a damage calculator that can help with breakpoints and true DPS:

http://www.d3rawr.com/d

thanks for the link, found my biggest stat for dps upgrade at this stage (point for point) is crit, so I'm hunting same amulet with crit instead of ias, I'm bidding on a ring same stats but better, and 5.5% crit (for slot two) about 12% extra crit, and I know I can use crit damage on everything, working on rounding out my gems first though, crit + crit damage and decent main stat gear is expensive.

I'm over 100k dps with WoTB on but it doesn't stay up hopefully the crit will change this, I'd like to try a solo ubers this weekend

Echoing Fury now sold, I'm up to 94kdps with only Battlerage up, 50% crit, still only source of lifesteal is IK belt, I'm hoping to change this as I'm starting to go over 100k dps, I dea I think should be to go for crit damage and lifesteal on both weapons (if possible keep LOH on off hand) and drop LoH on amulet to get some IAS, then remove IK belt for Witching hour.
    to be honest if I can do that I'd probably consider the barb done for awhile, I might look at a second set for HoTA build or just farm with it till a new patch comes along and changes the game again.
    trouble is the above changes should cost about 100 mill at a guess but my budget is 44mill :P

Zerker