Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Pick up radius, my unwanted stat

Wow, I hate pick up radius in HC, even in SC because I really hate dying even there. I often finish a fight and have health globes left over, the next nasty boss pack I run into may require retreat, to the globes I have left behind. With pick up radius all the globes go bye bye even when I am at full health.

Why do people, other than bots or speed farmers love this stat? Do you use it on Inferno? I guess you may need a globe you don't have time to run to, but if you get that you will never have globes to retreat to. I don't get it.

IncGamers Member

Re: Pick up radius, my unwanted stat

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Wow, I hate pick up radius in HC, even in SC because I really hate dying even there. I often finish a fight and have health globes left over, the next nasty boss pack I run into may require retreat, to the globes I have left behind. With pick up radius all the globes go bye bye even when I am at full health.

Why do people, other than bots or speed farmers love this stat? Do you use it on Inferno? I guess you may need a globe you don't have time to run to, but if you get that you will never have globes to retreat to. I don't get it.
    Personally I love having a big pickup radius, nothing worse than having to zig-zag over gold piles when farming to grab your cash, with 0 radius it really slows down farming runs.

Also, as a ranged char, having a large pickup radius is nice because I don't have to get into melee range of the mob that dropped it to pick it up.

And finally, if you play a WD, there are skills and passives that are boosted by your pickup radius.

It's actually one of my favorite mods, although I rarely have enough of it on any of my chars.

IncGamers Member

Well, I did qualify that Speed Farmers would like it. I get that. Ranged characters get mobbed in D3, there are no tanks when playing solo. Your Templar can catch a few at a time, but an extra fast boss pack is going to be on you quick and a reflect damage boss may not give you any orbs before you need one. I don't speed farm though.

IncGamers Member

I like it too. The reason being, everything in HC is more precious, so, the more gold i pickup the better. SC farming is more about getting those drops and making sales.

I got the Thing of the Deep for my WD with PU radius 20 and now i can't play with 0, its painful. 7 is my minimum.

PLUS - in HC you wanna stay as far away from mobs as you can (especially with WD,DH and wiz) and pick up from as safe of a range as possible in most cases.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mesafalcon View Post
    I like it too. The reason being, everything in HC is more precious, so, the more gold i pickup the better. SC farming is more about getting those drops and making sales.

I got the Thing of the Deep for my WD with PU radius 20 and now i can't play with 0, its painful. 7 is my minimum.

PLUS - in HC you wanna stay as far away from mobs as you can (especially with WD,DH and wiz) and pick up from as safe of a range as possible in most cases.
    I've been considering dropping my shield and picking up a Thing of the Deep on my WD, as I'd like to try a Grave Injustice build, but have been pretty hesitant to lose so much EHP from my Hallowed Defender. How stressful is running a WD with no shield in Inferno? I havent taken off my shield since hitting 60....

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by omgChubbs View Post
    I've been considering dropping my shield and picking up a Thing of the Deep on my WD, as I'd like to try a Grave Injustice build, but have been pretty hesitant to lose so much EHP from my Hallowed Defender. How stressful is running a WD with no shield in Inferno? I havent taken off my shield since hitting 60....

Depends on ur gear:P. I've never had a shield and i don't feel stressed at all. But i got nice loh and like 50k dps so :P

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by omgChubbs View Post
    Depends on the MP, I have no problem running MP4 with Thing of the Deep, and MP0 should be EASY if you have 300k+ EHP and 40k+ DPS

/Leyan