Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 Winter MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

@ Baron
    You play with cold sorc, right? Don't know, she is very straightforward and easy to play for me. Cast battle orders, blink blink blink, blizzard, spike, spike, splash, s/e. Not skill intensive. Try zerk barb instead. Cast battle orders, blink blink blink, howl, howl again if minions interrupted you, switch to berserk weapon, look carefully and find pindle fast in crowd and kill him, drink potions if he or minions damage you badly (and they will sometimes), switch to hork and hork him, watch and take possible Full Rejuv if needed, s/e. Ofc you can die easily, those lightning sparks from pindle can drop your hp in second, mana burn is annoying sometimes, holy freeze is wtf-snail-zerk-mode-barb. After you try zerk barb, you should do 1k with sorc no problem at all, no hands hurting.
    But all that is well rewarding, you are fast like rocket and have 54 or 55% hork with tons of MF. Perhaps you are not used to intensive playing, dunno, but you might try it if you didn't.

For my opinion, 4+ hours of playing are ok for MFO. That is really nothing special, 2 hours at morning, 2 at evening. If you have time and not busy all day, then ofc you wont have 4 hours to play some silly game. 4 hours are 860 runs for me, so that is my minimum of minimum I would do if not busy all day. Average run time does matter obviously. Let's say 30 sec is max someone want to have running Pindle. 4 hours a day makes it 480 runs. Let's lower that a little and say 400 is minimum number of runs I consider ok for MFO day. Below that is like "okay, you tried". 4k runs after MFO is minimum to look at if one hopes to get anything decent. Special note to barbarians, 4k barb runs are like 6100-6200 non barb runs, sorc for example.
    Good day to me is 5+ hours, but solid average time. Let's say that makes 800 runs a day for good number to hit 8k at end. So, 8k+ is good.

Quote Originally Posted by NagisaFurukawa View Post
    AT was always better for drops for me as well. Not sure what it is.

Recorded a few runs just so everyone can see how pitiful I am at "playing".

It's pretty clear I've only had ~ 3-4 days of barbarian/melee playing experience in the last few years.
    Yeah, but your running time are about 25% faster then mine, and ont only for reason because due to my computer it takes me 18 sec to go to pit a place of your 10
    I am using ww a place of berseker, It is my training for PvP

AT has always dropped better for me too, but I enjoy Pits more for some reason.

finally hit 95 on my FoHer!

1k during MFO and 1k beforehand = 2k runs from 94 to 95. I suppose it'll be another 4k to 96, and then I'll start considering CS for 99. . .

It's crazy how grouped together some of the good drops are, whereas in the last 2 or 3 hours I haven't found much of anything and it's a bit of a haze.

IncGamers Member

Going to bed soon, update sent.

Really struggling right now. Hopefully it's better tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    Going to bed soon, update sent.

Really struggling right now. Hopefully it's better tomorrow.
    That heat spray stuff worked for me

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Update sent!

Trying a slightly different strategy this morning, working pretty well and I may need a slight respec to be a bit better.

@Gripphon - I think I don't have gear for a zerker right now (I need 1 ohm and 1 ber, I think). I tried it, once, before restarting. And I died. The only barbarian I can play in a semi-decent way is WW Barb (trav runs). I honestly consider gearing a barb due to horking. My runs are taking 26s in /p7, since I wanted to level up my sorc. And find a ber .

I did a few hundred runs in /p7 after hitting lvl 94 and I'm seriously considering drop it to /p1 (20s runs). It seems I won't level up with 4k-5k more runs and I can use occy instead of DFathom for extra MF. I'll start in a couple hours, if nature allows me to.

One of the good things of cold sorc is that you kinda don't need to pay 100% attention in what you're doing. You can run watching videos or livestreams, when sure you're inside the hut and you're not shoting the pillar.

@Pharphis: I have the same feeling. Usually my semi-decent drops happen in a space of 1k runs, then I have 2k runs of absolutely nothing. I use to erase the score txt to make it start on the lowest item I have. As the week goes, the list of wanted stuff gets shorter and it starts to become painful...

Exactly, Sorc is more for relaxed running with no worries. Pindle is excellent leveling target, yes.
    I really recommend Zerker for farming items, make that Enigma and Grief PB and go kill either Pindle or Pit. Zerker needs practice, it took me more than 1k runs to get used to him after playing with ww barb all the time before. Even now I'm improving my gameplay with zerker, my average is lowering all the time. I actually planned to run with 17.5 sec average what was after 500 MFO runs, but now I'm more than a second faster. Never thought it would be like that. There is much room for improvement and much time needed for that.
    I die too with zerker, 5-6 times by now, so basically I die every 1k runs. Who cares, get corpse and continue.

I wonder where are other guys form Pindle category, only 2 of us actually write here, all others probably run like mad and don't have time to comment. ugly_cafe.gif

We would write if there would be anything to write about. I have 5000 runs (zerker, 54% hork 750 MF, 15.672 runtimes) behind myself and not a single decent item. Items I got are actually ok (non qualifiers), but not high scorers (two digit numbers+).

Other than that I did get 4 Ist runes (6 Ist PB paying off itself) and Jah couple minutes ago so that does give some small boost in motivation, but darn game just doesn't want me to get any single decent qualifier.

I won't be sending any updates cause my score it atrocious, especially for 5k runs. It's safe to assume I'm last.