Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BattleTag beest-1991

Re: Gods of Ancient Greece. Forum mafia game.

10 pages already? silly people. will need to change my posts per page back to 40.

anyways i
    vote: kestegs

cos i joined on the promise of a post restriction. no bigger restriction then death!

Vote tally has been updated. In the event that there's no one out there that knows, it can be found on the first page along with other useful information.

PS: korial, as long as you remember when the mafia days/nights start, you should be fine.

@TC: For me day starts/ends at 11 pm, or just 11 in the evening. I do know the am/pm system well enough, just made a mistake during the early morning hours, trying to get to work asap.

Won't have time to make a proper reply until I get home it seems. Forgot about a different meeting I had to attend, and now 2 cases of "get this **** done today" remains with 55 minutes left of the day. YAY ME! >_>
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokar View Post

/BEGIN_WILD_THEORY

Video = Barathrum = Latin for "Abyss" or "Under World" = Greek for Tartarus = Both a place and a primordial deity ...
    I think Ankeli is Tartarus and evil and his hubris will be his downfall.

Vote: Ankeli

/END_WILD_THEORY

This theory obviously makes the most sense ever. Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCat View Post
    As long as you lot don't mix up the Roman gods with Greek gods, it should all be good.
    Indeed, some of the gods go by different names and represent different things between the two versions.

SI is my nemesis, get your own!
    Since when?!

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    I already showed you mine. Care to show me yours?
    All in good time Leo, I wouldn't want to spoil all the fun now would I?

all this talk about vendettas and rivalries... can someone fill me in please?
    Uh, these are the two that I remember the most, apparently they have their reasons:

BadAsh vs. Noodle
    CG vs. Ank

i think this was made about Sathy's post. Yeah, iirc, that's normal.
    Yeah, I've played enough games with him to expect it, but it doesn't mean I can't question it.

Know what? I'll sing with ya! And that Gabby? for a blonde, she's pretty hot. I'd be her strong brunette warrior any day!

Joxer the Mighty, Master of virility, Every woman wants him, He's so sexy it's a sin, If you want a special tryst, He's the man you can't resist, By every measure he's a prize! (Just check out my shoe size!) Just check out his shoe size! He's Joxer, Joxer the Mighty! Joxer the Mighty, captain of debauchery. Never seems to get enough of our tantalizing stuff. If you need some company, with Joxer there's a guarantee, (of the highest potency!) (Heck, I'd even work for free!) (Take your filthy hands off me!!!) He's Joxer, Joxer the Mighty!
    Why are we singing tales from Xena the warrior princess? (Yes, I know that show, and yes I've watched a number of the episodes)

We can trust Laarz. Now get off his back.
    O rly? How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    Still no reason behind that, eh? I know this is how you (often) play, but I disagree with it being helpful to town (in most cases).
    What about in this case? You currently have a vote on Jcakes aswell so you agree with me. Trying to build a case on someone based on one's expression of vendetta's can be a tedious and circumstential ordeal. Thankfully Goryani decided to go for it.

Would you be less suspicious of me if I posted all the stuff Goryani did instead of just the one denotative vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I AM CONSTANTINE. At night I can see white crosses in the sky and lead an undermanned town to a victory if they all change their avatar to my sigul
    Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    OMG. iS IT HOT IN HERE? OR JUST ME?
    More Lolz. Two funny posts from BA in a row, it must be some kind of record.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLong View Post
    Isn't Tartarus just a place in the underworld? Tartarus is by default, evil, but not a being...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    No Occam's Fallacy?
    Occam already? Geez Gory, breaking it out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankeli View Post
    Who wouldn't want to lynch me? There are times when I even question myself.

Should I be linking more old Finnish black metal if it gets you going?
    If you can't even trust yourself, then that doesn't give us much confidence now does it?

13 am ?
    Military/Standard time combination! Its all the rage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

13 am ?
    You forgot to mention the 17 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post

I thought you were implying that they weren't the facts. Like I said I was interested to see peoples reaction to the poke.

You do like to nitpick gory. I said first thing as it was his first post of the day. Interesting that you attack me over calling it first thing when it was on the first line of his post, but then you are allowed to counter with me talking about two things within the same sentence.

Out of interest if I had said this instead.

"I don't think there is a vendetta, generally my belief is the people don't act on vendetta's it is just something fun we talk about during the game. If you want to know what happened last game Gwaihir was the deciding vote that secured the lynch for the last scum (pharphis), had he voted wrongly the scum would have won. The scum team for last game was Goryani, Ankelli, Pharphis and Pyro."

Would your response have been any different? If so, why? It is essentially the same, just phrased better. English is not my strong suit and the previous post took me all of a minute to put together. That one I just wrote took 5 to 10 minutes.

I did directly address your accusations. Your accusation was:

My response was not long (post 79).

You claim I was attempting to put myself in a win/win situation, I was. I wanted to state what I thought (which is vendettas are a load of rubbish that is fun for pre-game talk) and continue the discussion to see other peoples reaction. My post to you and my post to pharhpis was the same, I was putting a comment out there to see what response it got. I got a bite from you. I didn't explain it as well in my post to you, so I explained what I meant better to pharphis.

I should not have put the bit about you voting for me last game as scum. I intended it as a joke and it was partly due to the frustration that everyone in the dead thread thought I was scum last game, when I thought I had done a good job of scum hunting. One thing I've noticed (partly thanks to you gory) is that I am scared to commit. I often point out things and wait until other people act on them out of fear of being attacked.I think it was at it's most obvious when I saw the inconsistency in Ankelli's story vs. TC's coroner results. I posted the inconsistency and should have sealed it with a vote. Instead I waited until other people voted as I was scared to vote for a claimed cop. You called me on that last game as well (I don't care about you being mafia - you were right it is / looks scummy) and it is something I need to work on.
    English isn't your strong suit? Did they change the national language to Australian?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCat View Post

Them norse folk have 25 hour days.
    Do we've got Greek, Roman, and Norse gods now.

Quote Originally Posted by korialstraz View Post

Only during the winter. Then we have 25 hour nights. We live in the extreme. >_>

Anyway the meeting was cancelled, so I'll get some other work related stuff out of the way, and see if I can come back and read a bit more careful.
    Yes, make sure you're careful, wouldn't want to make a scum slip like last game.

Quote Originally Posted by korialstraz View Post
    @TC: For me day starts/ends at 11 pm, or just 11 in the evening. I do know the am/pm system well enough, just made a mistake during the early morning hours, trying to get to work asap.

Won't have time to make a proper reply until I get home it seems. Forgot about a different meeting I had to attend, and now 2 cases of "get this **** done today" remains with 55 minutes left of the day. YAY ME! >_>
    Are you really that worried about looking like a lurker? That's about the 4th time you've made an excuse for not posting real content.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post

This theory obviously makes the most sense ever. Wait what?

Indeed, some of the gods go by different names and represent different things between the two versions.

Since when?!

All in good time Leo, I wouldn't want to spoil all the fun now would I?

Uh, these are the two that I remember the most, apparently they have their reasons:

BadAsh vs. Noodle
    CG vs. Ank

Yeah, I've played enough games with him to expect it, but it doesn't mean I can't question it.

Why are we singing tales from Xena the warrior princess? (Yes, I know that show, and yes I've watched a number of the episodes)

O rly? How so?
    Since that game where he was sk and I was mafia. It was in the spf, don't remember the theme.

In used to watch Xena, don't engender that song though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post

What about in this case? You currently have a vote on Jcakes aswell so you agree with me. Trying to build a case on someone based on one's expression of vendetta's can be a tedious and circumstential ordeal. Thankfully Goryani decided to go for it.

Would you be less suspicious of me if I posted all the stuff Goryani did instead of just the one denotative vote?
    Didn't ask me, but yes it would. I'll have to go back and look at when you actually voted in relation to what Jcakes had said at that point though.

Are you really that worried about looking like a lurker? That's about the 4th time you've made an excuse for not posting real content.
    Korial always does that. I learn more about his current affairs than his role when he plays.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post

I am probably going to have to tone down my posting from work as well, we just had a "restructure" code for a lot of people got made redundant, so I am going to need to be on my best behavior.

You do?

Interesting that you go straight to Vendetta explanation for a NK. I don't think there was any specific vendetta from last game, although you could say that any of the previous mafia team (goryani, ankelli, pharphis, pyro) might be harboring a grudge given that it was his vote that lynched the last mafiosi (pharphis)

That was a very fast vote and based on the fact he is not lurking .... I don't know about you, but I prefer to encourage people to post.
    Jcakes' post before sath.

Vote: Jcakes

So you hoped someone else would do your dirty work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by corax View Post
    10 pages already? silly people. will need to change my posts per page back to 40.

anyways i
    vote: kestegs

cos i joined on the promise of a post restriction. no bigger restriction then death!

First of all, I didn't express any suspicion of you.

Second of all, not giving any reason at all allows you to do what you are doing now - hope for somebody else to vote for the same person and just tag along with their reasoning, regardless of your initial thoughts/reasons. It becomes far to easy for you to lie.

To somewhat answer your question: I'm more supicious of you than I am of Gory.