Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What items are you picking up?

At this moment I'm picking up all rares, tomes and gems. Never blues anymore, and occasionally potions if/when I'm starting to run out.

I play self found, so gold really is limited. You don't get enough gold (selling rares + drops), even at Paragon 30 to upgrade all gems to Star. Let alone mixing that in with some item crafting. But now that the gold piles that drop are sometimes 2k+ I'm contemplating picking up ilvl 62+ rares only. The fact that I can run more instead of IDing and selling rares will probably make up for it. Especially now that I've gotten some nice rares and legendaries, 99%+ of the rares get vendored anyways.

BattleTag InsaneAction-1921

Everything when I'm in MP1 or higher. If I'm doing speed runs in MP0 I'll only pick up the ilvl 63 stuff and Legendaries...

IncGamers Member

Blue and above. Im sf

Thanks everyone, for sharing!

Emerald prices are so high that I'm starting to be afraid, since I don't have the last plan yet... I plan to reach paragon lvl 100 while mf-ing, so picking up emeralds will def. be part of the process.

I forgot to mention the not-crossbow, not-skorn 2-handers. I hate them. I'm ok with no set items found so far (they really hate me) or weird/bad legendaries, but every single yellow monk staff makes me very, very sad...

BattleTag InsaneAction-1921

Quote Originally Posted by BaronScarpia View Post
    Thanks everyone, for sharing!

Emerald prices are so high that I'm starting to be afraid, since I don't have the last plan yet... I plan to reach paragon lvl 100 while mf-ing, so picking up emeralds will def. be part of the process.

I forgot to mention the not-crossbow, not-skorn 2-handers. I hate them. I'm ok with no set items found so far (they really hate me) or weird/bad legendaries, but every single yellow monk staff makes me very, very sad...
    Yellow Monk staff with Spirit regen and good DPS is always nice... If it has a Socket with LS great... That is one Item I pick up at any ilvl because I need one with Spirit regen/high DPS for my Tempest rush build...

BattleTag mordell-1747

I've been doing alkaizer runs for XP. On these runs, I pickup all rares, gems, and tomes.

Previously, while doing mf/key runs on mp3, I was picking up blues as well to salvage/vendor.

IncGamers Member

Any ilvl 63 rare, including the crappy ones like warlord sword. I just can't bring myself to leaving unidentified 63s on the floor. I also grab all rings and amulets, of course, as well as any gloves. I take 61+ mighty belts, helmets, chest armors and boots as well. 61+ of the following weapon types: axes, maces, swords, daggers, mighty weapons, ceremonial knives, fist weapons. Any other type of weapon I only take if it's 63.

My rule of thumb is to take any 61+ weapon of a type I'd use on my barb or WD (and I'm collecting gear for a monk), and any 61+ armor for slots where I don't have a legendary that outstrips any possible rare, i.e Lacuni's or Inna's pants. These will gradually get crossed out -- I used to pick up all 61+ belts, for instance, until I found a Witching Hour which is better than any rare can be for my WD. If I ever find an IK belt, I'll probably stop picking up rare mighty belts.

Everything yellow, tomes, and all gems. I'd say I'm picking up orange drops, but I'm not getting any of those :(