Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What items are you picking up?

(I want to play the game, but I can't... So, let's create a thread.)

I'm doing some runs when I can, but doing to my schedule going nutz with meetings poping-up like D3 junk rares, I'm unable to play much this week, hence, I'm not participating on MFO.

Speaking about junk rares... What you guys are picking up?

Right now, I'm still picking up every gem and rare item I see. I end up vendoring everything - or almost everything.

I'm seriously considering not to pick up rare shields (or even stormshields...) and follower special items. What do you think?

What is a good shield nowadays (is it possible to find a decent rare shield that sells)? Will pvp-ers use shields?

Rare items are just garbage on your way while you do MFO runs/Alkaizer runs for XP/key runs/etc.?

(PS: And by "what", I'm almost sure I mean "which"... Or something like the right word... )

BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

Re: What items are you picking up?

I pick up all rares, potions gems and tomes of secrets. I'm considering leaving shields on the ground though. Haven't seen a good one in forever.

IncGamers Member

I stopped picking up Shields except Sacred Shields and most two handed weapons and hand crossbows and follower specials. The rest I pick up though.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Most of the time I only pick up:

All gloves
    Rings
    Amulets
    Hellion crossbows
    Rubies/emeralds
    Health portions if I'm low

I pick up the crossbows because a rare is BiS for my DH. Gloves because they are BiS for everyone but barbs.

If I get bored I'll start picking up other stiff like 63 1 handers, pants, bracers, belts, shoulders.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

level 63 rares as i'm farming MP0, plus all rings and amulets

At the moment I'm still picking up every blue and above, but after some successes on the AH have increased the speed of my solo runs significantly, I may have to change this. Another factor is that gold is finally no longer an object after I sold an ammy for 8.5M, whereas previously I was a victim of low play time/bad luck with drops for a very long time. I may change my rule to yellow and above. I should time myself, but I've never been a big fan of min-maxing any Diablo game, or even being efficient for that matter. It's just naturally fun for me. Except lag deaths.

Before patch 1.05 I used to pick up everything. The prices of crafting materials dropped dramatically after 1.05 so I stopped picking up blues and gems etc. Lately I've been only picking up ilvl 61+ but it's a bit tedious working out what to pick up so I might go more along the lines of what kestegs picks up. Rubies/emeralds eh? I guess they are worth it!

IncGamers Member

I pick up everything that's not a white or gray item. Tomes, gems, potions, blues, etc. It wouldn't be Diablo without it. Almost all of it gets vendored, but as shameful as it is, I sometimes replace a crappy rare with a good blue -- though it gets replaced by another rare soon thereafter. (Yay, self-found!) That, and I've yet to find a rare mojo better than my 90-350 damage, +120 int one for my WD.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    Before patch 1.05 I used to pick up everything. The prices of crafting materials dropped dramatically after 1.05 so I stopped picking up blues and gems etc. Lately I've been only picking up ilvl 61+ but it's a bit tedious working out what to pick up so I might go more along the lines of what kestegs picks up. Rubies/emeralds eh? I guess they are worth it!

Currently in US AH:

Emerald: 5800
    Ruby: 1500
    Amethyst/Topaz: 500

The Emeralds are really worth picking up and the Rubies are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Currently in US AH:

Emerald: 5800
    Ruby: 1500
    Amethyst/Topaz: 500

The Emeralds are really worth picking up and the Rubies are reasonable.
    Just for reference, on EU Emerald is 8567, average last day of trades, Ruby 1038 and Amethyst/Topaz 300. I'm picking up those Emeralds!