Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Act 2 Inferno Wizard

Hi,

I am debating going into Act2 Inferno as a wiz. Any recommendations on what my dps and resists should be?
    P.S. My loh and regen is fine.

IncGamers Member

Re: Act 2 Inferno Wizard

More information about your build and kind of problems you are having would help! Could you show us your profile maybe?

IncGamers Member

I think I had about 600 all resists, 50k hp, no LOH and about 30k dps. Not completely sure though because I haven't used my wizard in a while.

Everything is ok besides your DPS. 30k DPS should be enough for Act II and maybe even III inferno post 1.0.5 (of course on MP0). If you want to farm a bit higher, you should mainly focus on increasing your DPS (Crit chance/crit damage/int/ias/better source/better wand) and get some LOH, even if you lose a bit HP all resists.

Also - try looking for 1.05 wizard budget guides on youtube You may get some really useful hints there

Another thing - if you're having hard time, maybe you should think about your build? Post a link to your character and we can try to work something out.

Oh, by the way - if you want I can give you Tal'Rasha's Unweavering Glare source. It's a pretty bad roll, but if you don't have great gear, it's always something.

IncGamers Member

Any recommendations would be appreciated, mainly concerned with what my dps needs to be....My wizard character has 62k health, (1250 LOH, 1350 health regen - hey its hard core so i don't want to die), 25k dps (ya i know its low), and resists at 800 with the resist buff.
    skills are:
    magic missile seeker (never use it)
    ray of frost -numb (use it non stop)
    teleport reversal (rarely use it but its my get out of jail)
    hydra-frost (use it all the time)
    energy armor -pristmatic (always up)
    archon -teleport

astral presence
    cold blooded
    galvanizing ward

I can't seem to find any crit armor for sale and nothing good every drops so i farm crap and once in a blue moon buy an item.

IncGamers Member

Stats are more than fine for a2. Probably want a little more DPS for a3 but your defensive stats are fine.

If you're not using your signature spell, try a different one

Also - when it comes to teleport, I prefer the rune that allows you to teleport few times before the cooldown begins (3-4 usually), it's better for running away.

As for Hydra - I'd try using Arcane or Poison one, I think they have higher damage output.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input, so I moved on to Act 2 and....died. Level 60 paragon 10.

It's my own fault, fyi in my opinion 25k dps for a wiz is not anough for act HC. An elite invis pack popped up and got me, it was all my fault I'd seen enough to know I was at risk in Act2 and should have returned to Act1. So I am done with HC forever and since my main 'normal mode' barbarian litterally has the best gear you can get in the game for all slots I am installing SWTOR (again from a year ago) till D3 comes out with something worth doing. Cheers.