Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Saving game in D2

Can someone help me understand how the retarded system of saving a game in D2 works? I play for a while, my character gets a level up, play some more, get bunch of stuff, put stuff in stash, save & exit. Next time I start exactly where I was before the last session, my character lost his level up, no stuff in stash. I get that you start back in town every time you start a new game, but shouldn't you at least keep skills and items? Seriously, D1 had it right and for some reason they switched to this retardedness in D2...

IncGamers Member

Re: Saving game in D2

Quote Originally Posted by filox View Post
    Can someone help me understand how the retarded system of saving a game in D2 works? I play for a while, my character gets a level up, play some more, get bunch of stuff, put stuff in stash, save & exit. Next time I start exactly where I was before the last session, my character lost his level up, no stuff in stash. I get that you start back in town every time you start a new game, but shouldn't you at least keep skills and items? Seriously, D1 had it right and for some reason they switched to this retardedness in D2...
    You are experiencing a feature of windows not D2. Win7/vista, which I assume you have, protects the Program Files folder from being altered by non admin users. You can do a few things to elevate this problem. Your saves are in a virtual folder. See this folder for your saves.

Using your incgamers username for your win7 username. You will need to enable hidden files folders and probably system files as well.
    C:\Users\filox\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

1. Reinstall the game somewhere other than the Program Files folder. Be sure to backup your saves from both the VirtualStore and the Program Files folder just in case.
    2. Run D2 as an admin. Some users have said they were able to do this after copying their saves from the virtualstore to the Program Files.
    3. Take user rights of the Program Files folder. Hope these help.

Hope these help. Good luck with your drops.

Re: Saving game in D2

This can also happen if you have more then 1 d2 copy installed.

I had vista and now Win7, and I have no problems if I run D2 as an Admin.

Peace