Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator

Re: HC is pretty damn fun....

Quote Originally Posted by darkrealm View Post
    Yeah that is my concern too. Once we get to Act3 it might be a bit rough for us. I did kill a couple of dozen packs on MP1 in act1 the other day, but too many close calls.

I think my dps is ~36K, and even if we down belial, not sure how far we can get in Act 3.
    my concern is we can get as far as dead.

IncGamers Member

It seems a more pure way to play the game to me. I do not want to get down on the RMAH, but I really enjoy trying to figure out how I am going to upgrade my character on the very limited supply on the GAH on HC. I find myself selling my crafting mats to have some money to get gear...what a concept, I have to actually earn my upgrades.

@Mesa, please feel free to add me. Just started Act2 so I am sure I am not to your playing level, but it is always nice to see other HC players. And gratz on the find. I havent found anything great yet at PL6.
    yes. in SC it's a matter of making this super tight build with little room for using fun items or even just a variety of items. and ya, having 40 pages to choose from of every item is more frustrating then fun... too much searching and much less playing

and when I found that IK helm it felt better than anything I ever found in SC cause it felt valuable in 3 ways rarity of the drop, sale value and playability value. SC is like "cool, finally a good drop, it's about damn time." totally different, its like you feel like you deserve it in SC for time put in and you just want more and more. HC is just way better to me, I don't expect anything, just happy leveling and having fun using what I have.

i don't see where your user ID is, feel free to add me or PM me ur ID or something

Fyle#1652

Yeah that is my concern too. Once we get to Act3 it might be a bit rough for us. I did kill a couple of dozen packs on MP1 in act1 the other day, but too many close calls.

I think my dps is ~36K, and even if we down belial, not sure how far we can get in Act 3.
    Well, I managed to get through the first couple of quests on act 3, but it wasn't pretty. Had NDE go off twice in one night. I'm not going to even mess with the Ghom quest yet.
    I've not played in a group since I reached inferno... how is that working out? I guess I'm just paranoid.

BattleTag Dark-1181

Actually we downed belial last night without much issue. He only had 1 green bombs on the ground phase so I think we did pretty good with the DPS. We did all the quests up to killing Ghom, but I know we are still a ways away from killing him. I think we can farm everything before Ghom for a bit.

From what I read Act3 MP0 ~ Act1-2 MP1. So now the question in my head is: would it be better to farm Act1 MP1 or farm Act3 MP0.... All things equal we could get more elites down in Act 1 just because the whole act is available to us.

The group thing is going great. the way the game is setup now is it is actually easier to do with more people than less. The bump in health is smaller than the DPS gain by adding one additional person. Spiffy and I make a good team with me on the WD and Spiffy on the barb. I find that with the WD I can nuke up close or from a distance in case we get anti-melee packs. In the same sense, Spiffy has stepped up to tank more or less. So I love the group thing in HC. Not only that, both of us have had random disconnects and having the other person there is serious peace of mind.

@Mesa, I will add you tonight.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator

I got a disconnect from my cable provider at lunch today. Damn Comcast. I survived but it scared the crap out of me. I totally agree that having a fellow player there to protect you incase of D/C is a good insurance policy.

We tested it out and Act1 MP1 had harder elites than Act3 MP0. I had a couple of close calls so we went back to Act 3.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffymcbang View Post
    I got a disconnect from my cable provider at lunch today. Damn Comcast. I survived but it scared the crap out of me. I totally agree that having a fellow player there to protect you incase of D/C is a good insurance policy.

We tested it out and Act1 MP1 had harder elites than Act3 MP0. I had a couple of close calls so we went back to Act 3.
    I've had a couple of disconnects and lag spikes that I thought were the end of my character. I've actually only lost one character to a d/c.

I'm still not ready for act 1 mp1. I had a champ pack of fast/molten/vortex/horde scavengers on mp1 crush my spirits. I had accepted defeat as I was out of spirit and unable to outrun them, but my air ally's 2% chance for 100 spirit proc'd and I was able to get out of the zone. That was an awful feeling.