Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which game is better for you?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

251 70.90%
  • Diablo 3

103 29.10%
Page 68 of 166 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast

Re: The main reason I hate this game

Different strokes for different folks I guess. It appears we are polar opposites when it comes to the RMAH.

I'm by no means a millionaire, would be nice I'm sure lol.

IncGamers Member

I hate the RMAH too, but don't get your problem with it really. So long as it stays out of HC. I've played HC, and as such have had no issues at all. I find the idea of the RMAH to be distasteful, and I find the purchasing of items on it to be somewhat stupid, but as long as you can keep playing a mode without it it's not that bad.

You can get good items playing HC. Just less quickly than if you RMAHed them. ... but that's kind of the point too. What's the rush? This game isn't going anywhere. Take your time with it.

My biggest concern with the RMAH is simply that if it proves successful, it could end up getting modeled into future games from blizzard and/or other companies. This is the thing that frightens me, and would very much upset me.

IncGamers Member

There's a pretty big thread where people are discussing what they hate about the game & other complaints.
    Diablo 3 Complaints

Without RMAH players will end up turning to that forum that deals with FG and you'll end up having players selling stuff for FG only = D2lod screwed economy all over again.

You need to think out of the box, times have changed, d2's economy and style of trading is simply too old fashion and inefficient.

IncGamers Member

How is utilizing actual currency more efficient than utilizing an in-game currency?

(Obviously it's more efficient in terms of time to get your item if you can just plink down 50 dollars and get it, but I don't think that's the sort of efficiency you meant. I could have misunderstood though.)

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    Without RMAH players will end up turning to that forum that deals with FG and you'll end up having players selling stuff for FG only = D2lod screwed economy all over again.

You need to think out of the box, times have changed, d2's economy and style of trading is simply too old fashion and inefficient.
    D3 already has AH, so no, economy won't be screwed again. Yeah some people will buy items for cash but that's a minority.

EDIT: w/e lazy to debate the same whines over and over again.

IncGamers Member

most people would have sold it on the black market in D2 instead, blizzard just cut out the shady middleman.

Meh.

RMAH is not a problem. Diablo 2 had one, you just didn't see it. It is only viewed as an issue because the rest of the game sucks and RMAH seems, at first, like corporate greediness incarnated that drove the design of everything.

Blaming Diablo 3 on the RMAH is lack of vision.

Quote Originally Posted by themeros View Post
    Meh.

RMAH is not a problem. Diablo 2 had one, you just didn't see it. It is only viewed as an issue because the rest of the game sucks and RMAH seems, at first, like corporate greediness incarnated that drove the design of everything.

Blaming Diablo 3 on the RMAH is lack of vision.
    Diablo 2 had RMAH? Didn't knew that. I mean you could buy items for cash, but not sell them. Well unless item is super expensive, but either way it's like 100 times harder to sell D2 item for cash than it is D3 item. Or maybe i missed something?