Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: My fellow wizards, what do you do against reflects?

Perhaps I have too much of an armor/res fetish, but when I run an archon build on mp0 for leveling, the bonus res and armor from archon+prismatic is enough to make Blood Magic all the life steal I require. Sometimes I use a potion or pick up a health globe, but no more than that is necessary; reflect elites burn up faster than my rather small hp pool on mp0.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Sv: My fellow wizards, what do you do against reflects?

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    Perhaps I have too much of an armor/res fetish, but when I run an archon build on mp0 for leveling, the bonus res and armor from archon+prismatic is enough to make Blood Magic all the life steal I require. Sometimes I use a potion or pick up a health globe, but no more than that is necessary; reflect elites burn up faster than my rather small hp pool on mp0.
    What is you base dps and hp? Would like to compare to my own archon wiz

IncGamers Member

Re: Sv: My fellow wizards, what do you do against reflects?

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    What is you base dps and hp? Would like to compare to my own archon wiz
    This is mainly a mediocre-geared CM wizard with a couple pieces to swap for using an archon build He has 28k hp, 76k dps (with a SoJ), 4300 armor, 740 physical res, 654-700 res in other categories, all unbuffed and without passives changing them. No life on hit for archon and as I said, no life steal other than that from Blood Magic, negligible life regen. I really should upgrade his gear, but last time I spent any gold on my wizard one of my D3 buddies found (within 24 hours) 300+ million gold of CM-wizard gear and decided to make his own... so I put the project on hold.

BattleTag Greer-1174

I've been using Spectral Blade/Healing for the 5% healing -- not sure if that equates to 5% LL but I don't seem to have trouble with reflect packs.

Current dps is ~92K, attack speed is 2.19, so apparently she does enough damage for the healing to kick in. Desecrators seem to hurt most.

IncGamers Member

Hello fellow wizards

Im also using achon mode on my wizard: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/20559033

With 250k+ dps , its rather annoying to blast a horde pack of elites with the beam. You die quickly on mp3, wich is my favorite farming level at the moment.

Im using blood magic as my only life leach and i have 800 life regen pr. second. It works okay - if you only target one mob at a time. It can sometimes be a bit trickey with storm armor hitting from above, so dont get below 10k life - then you die

So basically, thats how I solve reflect. Hit one enemy at a time.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    So basically, thats how I solve reflect. Hit one enemy at a time.
    That doesn't sound good to me.

With a LL weapon (and blood magic) I just blast everything.

IncGamers Member

Its not optimal, I give you that The thing is, a decent one hand with socket and life leach cost a lot. I would rather go with socket and crit hit dmg, and then keep hitting one elite at a time with this afix. The rest of em, I steam roll

IncGamers Member

I run a meteor build and LoH is quite useless for that. I use Blood Magic, which is fiine for everthing but RD packs. For those I keep a LL wand which I switch too. But even then I have to watch it, as molten gives so much damage. But if I pace myself and rotate potions and globes it's doable.
    Not perfect I attmit, but that's the build I find the most fun, and well I only have problem with that one affix so meh.

it realy depends on your build, I do a combination of Lifesteal, life on hit and almost always use Diamond SKin.
    when in CM I have Diamond skin up that absorbs almost all of the reflect damage due to high armor and resists, aswell as a stormcrow and LoH ammy for any overspill.

when in Archon, ammy + Blood magic is enough and I keep Diamond skin as a back up if there is aditional damage coming in aswell as the reflect (waller desecrate for example)

a build without any lifesteal or LoH would seem very out of place to me in Inferno.

Zerker

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caris View Post
    I run a meteor build and LoH is quite useless for that. I use Blood Magic, which is fiine for everthing but RD packs. For those I keep a LL wand which I switch too. But even then I have to watch it, as molten gives so much damage. But if I pace myself and rotate potions and globes it's doable.
    Not perfect I attmit, but that's the build I find the most fun, and well I only have problem with that one affix so meh.
    I do the same with my meteor build. I keep a wand that does less damage but has good life steal and massive life on hit in my backpack.
    When running CM/WW, I don't need to switch though.
    With an archon build I just hit them hard enough to drop health globes quickly to offset it (I die every once in a while when I hit a bunch of them at once and am not close enough to auto grab the globe.)